Gastric protector

PEPE's profile photo   05/06/2012 1:49 p.m.

Hola, tengo diabetes tipo 2.

La toma continuada de la medicación me está produciendo problemas gástricos, sobre todo desde que estoy tomando METFORMAINA 850 MG

Estoy tomando para:

Diabetes:
-REPAGLINIDA 1 MG.
-METFORMAINA 850 MG.

Colesterol:
-FLUVASTATINA 20 MG.

Tensión:
PRITOR 80 MG.

¿Alguien tiene este problema.?

¿Sería interesante tomar algún protector gástrico?.

Saludos

Pepe

PEPE's profile photo
PEPE
05/06/2012 1:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, ask your doctor but the "normal" is that you take omeprazole or pantoprazole, better the first, since the second apart from being much more expensive is when you take antiagueragant or anticoagulants.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
05/06/2012 2:51 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

How long does metformin take?
Theory The gastric effects pass in short term ...

Do you take the metformin after a meal?
Theory thus does less "damage."

Consult the doctor, to see if you can change the metformin for another similar one.
More than anything to try to avoid taking another pill, although the gastric protector can help you and feel better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/06/2012 2:59 p.m.

How long does it make metformin?
Theory The gastric effects pass in short term ...

Do you take the metformin after a meal?
Theory thus does less "damage."

Consult the doctor, to see if you can change the metformin for another similar one.
More than anything to try to avoid taking another pill, although the gastric protector can help you and feel better.

Metformaina a year ago that I am taking it.
I have gone to the doctor and I told him what was happening to me.
He told me that he did not consider taking any protector.
I have temporarily suspended metformaine and reinforced the rephaklin until knowing the result of the feces analysis that has sent me.

PEPE's profile photo
PEPE
05/09/2012 2:58 p.m.

Don't you say you had gastric problems ????:-/

romevila's profile photo
romevila
05/09/2012 3:16 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Yeah.I also hurt my belly.

The doctor has told me that he did not consider it appropriate to take any protector

PEPE's profile photo
PEPE
05/10/2012 5:10 a.m.

I was taking metformin and aspirin for approx 2 years and began to develop great gastric discomfort.I took the treatment that the doctor sent me for a month often, and then repeated the treatment (maybe omeprazole, I do not remember).But the pain returned or remained the same.Then I changed and took cabbage juice for a month and I had no recurrence of the inconvenience for now.If you check on the Internet you will see an old study, beyond 1950 by Dr. Garnet Chenney, but after it there have been many studies that prove the same.In a study they gave a liter of cabbage juice to the patients, taken throughout the day, with results at 10 days (average) of gastric ulcer cure.I took about two cups a day, and although I felt improvement in the first days, the pain returned.I kept taking the cabbage juice until the symptoms left.It has been a month and a half ago and I have no symptoms, but I still include some cabbage leaves (not purple) in the juices I take - I like to drink green juices because I feel they help me.The cabbage juice must be done in the extractor and take it immediately.You can put apple to know well.

Here I attach Chenney's study, although it is in English.There are other more recent studies that prove the same.The recipe is with non -blender extractor.Take it immediately and make juice again several times a day - as you have time.

zumo123's profile photo
zumo123
06/17/2015 6:04 a.m.

The home remedy pates me well but consulting a doctor ...
Omeprazole and its indiscriminate take decalcify the bones, which is to pass a pain from here to there ...
That they look at you well ... They can be stones in the vesicula that tends to spoil with age and more if you are diabetic (an abdominal echo is enough) or something stomach (even if it is unpleasant they will have to pass the tubes).
A hug and take care of yourself!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
06/17/2015 9:18 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Consultation for Lansoprazole, it is in the long term but it will not damage the kidneys.

xdr's profile photo
xdr
04/04/2018 9:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.