Active & AMP insulin;Bolus

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/29/2010 3:07 p.m.

Hello!From the lúnes I carry the pump I see Paradigm Minimed, I have observed that after meals the sugar is getting too rising ... It passes half an hour after a meal and I have 300 or grows of 300, and maybe it makes me an active insulinI have 3 units, does that mean that those 3 units that I put on lunch are still not going on?Is insulin not as fast as the bowling alleyrs you click and that's it?I thank you for a kiss from the Canary Islands

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2010 3:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Active insulin is that whose effect still works.

If you click with Boli, for example 3 Humalog units, active insulin are those 3 units during the time its effect lasts (about 3 hours, more or less)

The same happens with the bomb.The bolus of 3 Humalog units lasts the same, you put it with boli or bomb, and lasts the same 3 hours.

Also, active insulin is what you are putting as basal.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/29/2010 4:10 p.m.

Indeed, Alea has not been able to say better.You may need to create another pattern with the basal much higher at the time of insulin so that it does not give you those climbs, it also uses the dual bolus that allows you a part to put it suddenly and another part distributes it in the time that youIndicate.Consult it with your endocrine and tell him what happens to you, maybe I recommend this that I am telling you, I am great, when I started with the bomb in January I had 8.6 of Hemo, the last of August is 7, 4 and I wantgo down more.You will tell us: Mrgreen:

paula's profile photo
paula
09/01/2010 12:32 p.m.

Well, active insulin lasts 6 hours with the wizard to see if I can configure it and start using it since they have not yet taught me :( a little kiss

DiabetesForo
09/12/2010 7:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.