Lantus and cancer insulin

yaiza's profile photo   09/13/2010 7:34 a.m.

A year ago it has come out in several magazines that the Lantus could produce breast cancer.In the Dog they have published that they are doing enough studies in several European countries such as Germany, France, England and have found evidence that there could be such association between breast cancer and use of Lantus.They will continue to do studies but I hope they are sponsored because 10 years ago I have come to the market and I am not very calm.What do you think?

yaiza's profile photo
yaiza
09/13/2010 7:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If they did another study on sausages and cancer, they would probably reach the same conclusion.Or about washing machine cleaners.Or about the gases we breathe day by day ... or about ... there are so many things ... and less good, they are everything.We cannot become obsessed with what is not avoidable.If you stay quieter, stop to Levemir.But you may not do well with her, regardless of the Super Engorro to have to puncture once again.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/13/2010 7:59 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, there is a scientific basis on which it is investigated (IR-A receiver, it is also related to breast and thyroid cancer development ...).
All insulins have a proliferative potential on cells, some more than others.

The Americans, with a large database for research, have been studying the subject for about 1 year without extracting conclusive evidence or at least have not published anything.
The studies published in Europe are merely descriptive, that is, with them you cannot affirm a cause-effect of the administration of Lantus.
I speak of independent studies, not those sponsored by interested brands.
However, in certain Spanish oncological hospitals the Lantus is not used and without discussion.

Originally, the patent of the insulin Glargina was not from Sanofi Aventis, but shortly before its commercialization was sold to this company.Which always generated suspicions.

In my opinion, time and money should be invested, in making this issue clear, it seems to me of a maximum priority ... we must not forget that it is millions of people who use Lantus.
I would only change insulin if I had a family history of cancer.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/13/2010 8:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.