Doubts with food, insulin and times relationship ...

lucinere's profile photo   09/16/2010 6:24 a.m.

Hello, I wanted to tell you 1 thing, I no longer know if it only happens to me or is not so weird, it is in relation to the hydrates, the glycemic index and the time of "assimilating" those food and insulin, which I put it I do not?Let's see if I explain myself ...

My 7 -year -old daughter uses Bolis, Novorapid and Lantus, depends on what he eats "works" in 1 form or another, we go that if breakfast chocolate to the RAM cup and cereals I put 3 units of Insu but if I have breakfast milk with colacaoLight and the cereals themselves have to put 3.5 units because if it is not high.

The same thing happens to me with the food of noon, if we eat vegetables and it has 1 good figure I put the insulin after eating or if not half an hour of having eaten it in 50, if we eat pasta I have to put 1 little more thanInsu but if the figure is good, you should even wait to put it 1 time after finishing for the same thing, it is low at the hour and a half, I give juice or sugar and at 2 hours and peak the rush of what I have given it+ The paste that was still there playing theirs, with the legumes so much of them, if the figure is good I hope to put the insu 20 minutes after finishing the food, without going any further, yesterday we ate lentils, peskedBaked and normal strawberry jelly, I had before eating 125, I put the insu at 20 minutes to finish, because at 2 hours I had 128, 1 flash was still ate and at 3 hours or little more to snack had 169.With Idem's idem paella, I put the insu to Raaaato to finish.

The truth is that it is 1 jaleo, our endo, which is not that I like it veryWe have tried and remains a highDo you think that what happens to me is so crazy and how do I act?Thanks for reading all the sermon.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
09/16/2010 6:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Lucinere, you don't have to take into account only hydrates.There are factors, such as fats, which can delay the rise in glycemia.

In the case of the RAM in front of the Ligth Colacao, it is most likely that the former has more fats and that is why the blood glucose does not rise so quickly.
The same goes for paella, which if it has enough fat, the absorption of hydrates slows down.

Legumes have slow absorption hydrates, and vegetables, due to their fiber content, also slow that absorption.

If it usually happens to you, it seems good option to put insulin after meals.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 7 a.m.

Thank you alea if it is usual if, I already acted so by norm because putting it before that happened to us, hypo the song.
But the endocrine (at least mine) sees everything Sota, horse and king and from there you do not take it out and when he told her that the rice raises him very slowly hallucinated but that is that my daughter happens that and what is worth itShe doesn't worth another I guess.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
09/16/2010 7:20 a.m.

All of us who have diabetes know that this does not work on 2 plus 2 equal to 4 je ... that there are so many things that influence, in short, that is why the experience itself is so important and that what it is worth itIt may not be worth it, so Lucinere you are the one you know most about your daughter's diabetes so acts accordingly, your endocrine surely has much idea of ​​the theory but of practice knows nothing .....: Mrgreen:

I remember what my eldrino told me when they discharged me in the hospital: "Quiet that in a short time you will know much more about your diabetes than me and you will be the one who guides me" and what reason was he ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 8:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.