lunch and snacks

belen's profile photo   05/10/2012 7:28 a.m.

Good morning, the other day I went to the endocrine because I want to put on the bomb, he told me there was no problem.I went on to talk to the nurse to remind me about carbohydrates, and he told me that I couldn't lunch or snack because I didn't cover me with the insulin that skewed me.But I am starving, especially in the morning.What do you do?

belen's profile photo
belen
05/10/2012 7:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Belen:
I don't know what treatment you have but if you get like basal lantus or less you have to click fast insulin every time you eat.
For meals between hours either do not drink carbohydrates or if you eat them you will have to click insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/10/2012 8:23 a.m.

Well, I get 17 of Levemir at night and 4-6-6 of Novorapid before meals

belen's profile photo
belen
05/10/2012 8:27 a.m.

I imagine that if you go hungry it is because maybe the diet you make is not enough or correct.I tell you this because my educator always asks me - will you go?And my answer is always nooo more food does not please hahahaMy weight in 2 years is exactly the same.

To snack I usually take a fruit yogurt, 2 natural yogurts or a small apple.1 ration of ch.I guess each person rises differently.I think I get about 30 points but as in the afternoon I move a lot or find out and I also make sure I don't have a half -afternoon hypo.

According to what time of the year it may be that more than hunger is anxious to eat something then I turn things with few carbohydrates such as a pair of raw carrots that I love and fresh.Depending on how you weight you can eat dry fruits one day.

I hope I have helped you from my own experience but first of all, consult it with your doctors.
Quim hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/10/2012 12:38 p.m.

Well in my case, at first they told me to eat at mid -morning and did not deserve.But as on 1, 1 and a half and not ceno until 22 or so.I talked to them and they told me that two fast units in my case and a couple of carbohydrates in the middle of the afternoon.I do not always do it, depending on the hunger I have and time.But it does not mean getting into dinner or anything.If perhaps a little because it still does not finish the fast effect.I take a mini sandwich or a great fruit.
I think you have to consult it, and if they don't let you tell you why or alternatives.
All the best.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/10/2012 5:29 p.m.

As you have told you, if you follow the Lantus or Levemir + Novorapid treatment, with a quick click every time nothing happens.There are days that do not mend and the days that I feel like snorting, I inject something quick and voila.The question is to take the trick to the quick amount to put yourself in the snack if you do not do it every day.

JMG90's profile photo
JMG90
05/14/2012 8:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.