Hello, I'm new here, diabetic for months

frangc's profile photo   05/12/2012 6:39 p.m.

Hello :) I just registered in this forum, I am 13 years old and I have diabetes type 1 since December of this year (with insulina novorapid and lantus) so I do not have much experience and well I am well controlled only that sometimes there are some there are someDown or up but not very frequently.When I have any questions I will enter here I hope you help me :)

frangc's profile photo
frangc
05/12/2012 6:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Fran,

(Can I call you Fran?).I feel that you have joined the club.But don't worry.If you listen to your doctor and do not do strange things, you will get very old without problems.New things will come out that will make us easier to live with diabetes.We are here for whatever you want, but do not forget that when you feel bad you have to say it you have closer, because this is serious.And not so complicated to solve (with the help of family and friends).A hug.

Álvaro's profile photo
Álvaro
05/12/2012 6:52 p.m.

Welcome to the Fran forum !!:);)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
05/12/2012 7:02 p.m.

Yes, you can call me Fran, Alvaro, thanks to both :)

frangc's profile photo
frangc
05/12/2012 7:26 p.m.

Hello, Fran.
I am the mother of a girl who started in this world of diabetes with 8 years and now she has 18, so we have some experience.

Raise all your doubts, that we will throw a little hand.And it would also be recommended that your parents participate in the forum, because there are many people who can guide them.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/12/2012 8:47 p.m.

thank you so much :)

frangc's profile photo
frangc
05/13/2012 9:05 a.m.

Hello Fran.I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 14, so I feel to be in tune with you.Now I have 49 and I have not had any problems to carry out an almost completely normal life, with the logical care to have.I live in Uruguay.Do not hesitate, as some users told you, to ask for help from nearby people and, above all, that they know that you are diabetic so they can help you in cases of hypoglycemia.A lot of strength !!

Diego Berro's profile photo
Diego Berro
03/06/2018 7:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.