{'en': 'Very different values \u200b\u200bin capillary blood and venous blood', 'es': 'Valores muy diferentes en sangre capilar y sangre venosa'} Image

Very different values ​​in capillary blood and venous blood

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/16/2010 12:21 p.m.

Hello, greeting everyone.I am new in all this.I am coming out of the denial phase, (it has never become destructive).

Right now, I am among that group of diabetics or prediabetics, (my doctor does not give more than to specify more than this), which with diet and exercise can control their blood glucose levels.
But......

After taking 2 weeks, I have done an analytical.The venous blood glucose, I got to 130 on an empty stomach, (tomorrow).Half an hour before, my glucometer, elite brand, gave me a value of 101 .

At the following 2 weeks I made a glucose tolerance test.Before leaving home, my glucometer marked 87 .The result of the test was positive, but the most surprising, (at least for me), is that my basal glucose value was of 117 .

This means, in both cases, a difference of +30.I imagine that the glucometer will not give me accurate values ​​at 100%, but +30 is the difference between being well and not being.The doctor when giving me the analytics, tells me that blood glucose is high, (and rightly), and if I measure it at home and give me 87, I even make myself happy.

I have spoken with my doctor, (the one who does not give much of himself), and they have given me a nineteenth glucometer, with which I notice values ​​similar to those recorded by the other.Since I am with this, the highest value that the fasting glucometer has given me has been 119, and this has not changed with the new meter.

Does anyone know if this is normal ????, I mean, that venous blood marks higher values ​​than the capillary?, and if so,
would this have to be worrying, or nothing happens?

Ah, and someone knows if blood glucose values ​​can be overestimated by the treatment that the blood receives immediately after extraction?

Can you have a +30 rise due to stress/anxiety ???

I know they are many questions, I try to look for an explanation to all this.Thanks for your collaboration,

All the best,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 12:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are no prediabetes, or you have diabetes or you don't have it, that is a stupid term that have invented spabilaous that does nothing but hurt patients.
There are enough médotodos and precise mechanisms to determine whether someone has diabetes or does not have it.

Well, to the grain, I turn on.: Twisted:

Capillary blood glucose and venous blood glucose has nothing to do.
Glucose is measured with different techniques so they can never be compared.
Normally, venous blood glucose is superior to the capillary.

It also happens if we compare between glucometers ... The glucometers do not measure all the same, so it is usually normal measurements.

A increase of 30 is insignificant, normally by stress it usually goes up a lot ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2010 12:53 p.m.

Do I understand that you are type 2 diabetic, since you do not have to inject insulin or anything, or is it simply that you have a chance of being for genetic inheritance or anything?

It is true that glucometers are not 100% reliable and that the result can be wrong but, usually, it is usually in a field of 10 numbers.If the glucometer has already changed you and you are still the same, try to use one of the greats (I do not know their technical name) in which the reactive strips go for "packs" and you do not have to hand them so much because it is possible that, when I play too muchThe strips unintentionally, the result is altered.And although 30 more 30 less is not much difference, it is true that it is the difference between being at an acceptable level to a little high or low.

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/16/2010 12:54 p.m.

Hello!I believe that they are only a bit altered values ​​and you can have good control with diet and oral medication.While glucosylated hemoglobin is good, calm.
Greetings: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/16/2010 7:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I had not seen this thread, but it is the same doubt that I have, perhaps in each measurement if we do not see much add a +30, because with "my" glucometer the same thing happens to me, an analysis on fasting 150, and in "Mi"Glucometer already at 4 hours, not even 8 hours, it already marks me at normal levels.Of course, it is not the same to have 100, than 130, which is precisely the difference between being able to have corrected by lifestyle changes or not.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/10/2016 11:31 p.m.

Repeat the analytics in the glucometer, that is, two analyzes in a row and you will see the surprises you observe several times

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/11/2016 1:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
repeat the analytical in the glucometer, that is two analysis often and you will see the surprises you observe several times

I have already done it, first on a finger of one hand and then on one finger of the other, the result was nailed to me, a difference of 2 mg, 102-100, is in the only thing I have trusted from the glucometer, becauseIt gives me the feeling that continues to be very low if my fasting glycemia is 150 without taking pills.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/11/2016 9:22 p.m.

I wouldn't worry much.Blood in the laboratories process it and will never give the same result as the glucometer.
In my last company analytical my glucometer marked 105 and in blood di 130 and as a recommendation that of the insurance made me urgently to go to my doctor to put measures for sugar despite having indicated that I am Mellitus diabetic ...

I measure myself more than twice when it gives me below 50 and I do not feel the descent and it is normally a mistake and I am 71-75.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/27/2016 4:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is true that blood values ​​are different.One of the glucose curves that I did checked it with my glucometer and the results that I score and those that gave me in the analytics had nothing to do because they were all sensibly higher.You charge with that margin of error to calculate or ignore it?

Zate's profile photo
Zate
11/10/2016 7:47 a.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

Let's see.Glucose is found in different compartments (artery, veins, capillaries and finally the interstitial) and the methods differ by the technique it uses and the associated sensitivity.In order of the most sensitive sample is:

1) Plasma (venous blood), which is measured by an enzymatic method (oxidase glucose).It is the sample more that is analyzed in a way that gives sensitive results and is required for exams

On this same topic of the first point, the exams they can ask for are basal glycemia, which is done with 8 hours of fasting.Here are 3 conditions

1.2) 70 to 99 The patient is not diabetic, there is an exception that can happen here.That it gives that normal range, but it may give more homa to 2.5 or 2.6 (depending on the laboratory where it is performed), there the patient is insulin resistant and the doctor will see what to do

1.3) Then there is 100-125 glycemia, where this is an altered basal glycemia and the oral glucose tolerance test (PTGO) is performed

1.4) When it gives more than or equal to 126, the exam is repeated a second time and here can happen:

-Yes, the patient is more than or equal to, the patient is type 2 diabetic
-70-99 is not diabetic
-If it gives a range of 100-125, the PTGO is performed

1.5) Here the patient if he has more than 200 with random glycemia (without a fast condition), more presentation of symptoms such as polydipsea, polyuria and polyphia, the patient is diabetic type 2.

1.6) With respect to the PTGO, it is done with 12 hours of fasting, a basal glycemia (fasting) is taken and then at 2 hours (post-pandarial).There are laboratories that perform the consecutive take insulin (insulin curve) and use more than two points (two minimum points, they can go from 4 shots to 6).Now, by glycemia you can diagnose diabetes.

-Yes, the patient has fasting glycemia with a range of 100-125 and postpandrial of less than or equal to 140. The patient has eased glycemia (prediabets)

-Yes, the patient has a fasting glycemia between 70-99 but postpondrial of 141-199.The patient has glucose intolerance

-Yes, the patient has in postpondrial glycemia greater than 200. It is type two diabetic.

The states of prediabetes are those that the patient does not meet the condition of being diabetic.Prediabetics while producing insulin, this can pursue with hyperinsulinemia with insulin resistance.This type of patient has a reversible condition that are treated with metformin or hypoglycemic agents plus diet.A type two diabetic is insulin resistant combined with hypoinsulinemia by pancreatic wear.The states of prediabetes refer to states that can be reversible.

The aforementioned is all the technicalism associated with the venous blood sample to perform glycemia.It is a method that is standardized since they require samples (populations) to determine what glycemia is normal and which is pathological.For this reason there are ranges of glycemia where there are no symptoms associated with diabetes with the Poly Triad (Polidipsea, Polifagia and Polyuria) and these glycemia are those that require some extra test.For this reason, random glycemia greater than or equal to 200 with the presentation of symptoms is the diagnosis of type two diabetes.For those who do not present the symptomatology (altered basal glycemia that is 100 to 125) the PTGO is performed

2) Glycemia performed by glucometer is a quick test, it does not use an enzymatic method such as oxidase glucose.As far as glucometers are measured as spent oxygen and that is proportional to glucose concentration.

3) The one of insertitial fluid being a more superficial compartment, the concentration of glucose here reaches the end and differs with that of capillary glucose for about 15 minutes.Therefore it is not recommendedAn eesta glycemia while feeling hypoglycemic or hyperglycemic because it is a look at the past.

tapestry's profile photo
tapestry
11/12/2016 5:47 a.m.

Miss Arrobita: He greets her from Venezuela Alfredo Herrera I have approximately 25 years with Dábetes I am 69 years old I already did an lizzy stroke, they operated on hernias discs made a knee arthroscopy and here I am the most important thing that I see is that you are being treatedFor a doctor who is taking her, tell your doctor who is helping her.Remember that the glucometer is a friend who tells you if you are very high or very down the values, to make the necessary corrections, remember that the Diabetes is a three -legged table that are: your doctor the medications and you continue withOptimism that this disease takes with great patience and discipline.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
09/22/2018 1:47 a.m.

The opposite happened to me.Leaving the house has given me in 132 with the glucometer and in the laboratory for my fortune in 103, and the glycocilada in 5, 2.Before that he gave me glucometer 126 and in the laboratory (a different one) he gave me 110. And the glycocilada in 4.7.In addition I control myself a lot because I have insulin resistance and they give me a diabetes debut crisis but is not reflected in laboratory analytics.I am worried about lada diabetes because these crises would not be logical in type 2 diabetes, although MAs have also told me are periods in which I am exacerbated in insulin resistance.I have been prescribed metformin but I have never taken it, I have always worried to stay with exercises and take care of the diet as much as possible.But lada diabetes there is no way to prevent it from many exercises and diets that you do because it is autoimmune as type 1.

Lately I am with a kind of kind of reactive hypoglycemia, but when I have all the symptoms and I measure me as low that I have the sugar has been 88., without an enabrgo, when eating something I recover quickly.

Perhaps you have to look for how to calibrate the glucometer, or at least by comparison with the laboratory result, take an idea of ​​what the real value is.It is clear that for diabetic people a difference of 20 points is nothing, but for those who are at the Border Line is the difference between being sick or not, although as the glycocilada have said it is what tells the truth.I do it every three months and sometimes in different laboratories as a control measure.

yoan's profile photo
yoan
09/27/2020 8:59 p.m.

Acu Chek's glucometers The difference is 10%, is it true?

Jor's profile photo
Jor
03/24/2021 1:56 a.m.

Mine measures 15 to 20% of less, compared to analytics

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/24/2021 9:51 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

jor said:
The glucometers D action check the difference is 10%, is true?

that's how it is.I have tested with my comprachek glucometer and then I studies in the laboratory and the difference is +/- 5%!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/24/2021 10:52 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

hello!

A difference of 30 is very high.There is something strange.With your nineteenth glucometer for several days, take the glucose on an empty stomach (8 to 12 hours) and 2 hours after eating.Anotal it and check how it goes.Less than 106 is normal on an empty stomach.106 to 126 is prediabetes.More than 126 is diabetes.

Of course, your endocrine will send you other studies and reviews.

How much do you have glycosylated hemoglobin?It is a good score, since it will show you the average glucose in the last 3 months.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/24/2021 10:54 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Owash said:
There are no prediabetes, or you have diabetes or you don't have it, that is a stupid term that have invented spabilaous that does nothing but hurt patients.
There are enough médotodos and precise mechanisms to determine whether someone has diabetes or does not have it.

Well, to the grain, I turn on.: Twisted:

Capillary blood glucose and venous blood glucose has nothing to do.
Glucose is measured with different techniques so they can never be compared.
Normally, venous blood glucose is superior to the capillary.

It also happens if we compare between glucometers ... The glucometers do not measure all the same, so it is usually normal measurements.

A increase of 30 is insignificant, usually by stress, it usually goes up a lot ...

Of course there are prediabetes.From 106 to 126 there are prediabetes.There are many patients with 120 glucose on an empty stomach who do not become diabetics, have insulin resistance.Doctors send them medications and with good nutrition and exercise can reverse the condition or delay diabetes for years and years.

greetings

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/24/2021 10:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.