Experiences of hypoglycemia

frangc's profile photo   05/12/2012 7:43 p.m.

Hello, I would like to tell me experiences about hypoglycemia.Today I had one, today he made a very hot day then I was watching TV whenSofa and I went to measure the sugar (it was already time to snack) and I began to notice that I saw strange and between the heat and fatigue I found me very weird when I marked 40 in the meter and started to snack ... Then I recover.Tell me some experiences, thanks :)

frangc's profile photo
frangc
05/12/2012 7:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Fran.

I think we have lived here, in the first or second person, enough hypoglycemia.My daughter lost knowledge several times and that is something that I hope you know.

It is important to maintain the best possible control, but, as various factors influence (including heat), the fundamental thing is that, if hypoglycemia arises, you can stop it quickly.

During the day I suppose you will notice.Before any weird symptom, get a control and, if you confirm the hypo, take fast hydrates (water with sugar, juice, etc) and after a few minutes, trust them with some slow hydrate (a piece of bread, a pair of cookies).

During the night I suppose your parents will do some control to know how you are.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/12/2012 9:06 p.m.

OK, thanks a lot :)

frangc's profile photo
frangc
05/12/2012 9:21 p.m.

I have had many hypoglycemia but I have never lost knowledge.I always sleep with drinks and food nearby because my hypos are, above all, nocturnal.Some night I have come to see a 28 in the glucometer, but I have been able to solve it without asking for help.I worry that at night I no longer have symptoms and many times I wake up, I measure me, and there is the hypo, without warning.For the day my sensations are very overwhelmed and nervous, as I lack the air, and there I am clear what happens to me and I can put a quick remedy.

DiabetesForo
05/13/2012 4:57 a.m.

I am very careful on the heat days, because those days as you say the heat and step of having 150 to have 50 if I do not control it.This week for example, on Thursday we were at 36, I had the morning and afternoon.I brought them well because it measured me every hour and a half or so and I already saw the downward trend.My problem is that I am having nocturnal hypos and I do not wake up.In the morning when I get up and anticipate my body I know that I am in 200 and a lot and having slept well ... Well, that's nocturnal.
I will have to lower the Lantus, but if I do it, it does not last until the afternoon ... and I finish with very high values.
The rest of the time I notice when I have it for my pulse for a long time and in my head I speak slowly ... the important thing is to know your body and know how it reacts.
all the best.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/13/2012 5:15 a.m.

My hypos put me in a very bad mood and give me a lot of hunger.Until I came to understand how to stop them, after the "banquet" they gave me very high rebounds.The worst episode I have lived was precisely in the consultation with my endocrine.I arrived from the dentist and could not eat for an hour (I had eaten a chocolate croissant before anticipating what was going to happen to me, but it was not enough), she tried to measure the sugar with my meter and was not able to put the lancet andhold meAnd I told him, "give me that I can."My oak is that I notice them when I am below 50, I would like to notice them long before.

DiabetesForo
05/13/2012 6:24 a.m.

Yes, to me hypoglycemia also give me a lot of hunger.I even when I am below 70 sometimes I notice the symptoms, and sometimes when I am about 40 I notice anything until I see the figure in the glucometer ...

frangc's profile photo
frangc
05/13/2012 6:32 a.m.

Well, my symptoms look a little, more or less like yours, but I also feel something inside my chest as anxiety, or worse than
Anxiety is a very bad sensation even the heart beats me faster, and apart from taking something to climb the sugar I take a few drops of Batch
thus solutions two problems at the same time

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/13/2012 7:33 a.m.

I noticed them quickly, until I was no longer so fast, that is to say now I feel when I am in 90 rare and in 40 I get very nervous, but I am even able to drive ... in 33 years once the acqued, suddenly I found myself crying with a juice, a sugar, the glucometer and two eye looking at me incredulous: shock :: shock:

I measured and had 32, I mean that I did not know how, the curious thing is that I remember that yogurt and juice I took it ... since then, that this is a month ago, I prefer to be in almost 200 qBroken the hiccup limit.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
05/13/2012 2:46 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Well, I have never lost my knowledge, and I hope it never happens to me but it is not known ... I have not been 6 months with diabetes ... And well I sometimes playing sports even if I noticed anything I take a juice or something,Because as you say, Romevila, I prefer that I go up to 200 before I get a hip, although there are times that I notice a bit weird and when I do the test I have about 100 ...

frangc's profile photo
frangc
05/13/2012 5:31 p.m.

The truth is that it is a quite unpleasant situation, especially when you have nothing close to take and wait to reach a place.

I also have palpitations, as if my heart went to a thousand.

Today, unfortunately, after doing some exercise I had one.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
06/14/2012 2:28 p.m.

In my case when Hican experiment in the street before I cut myself to measure myself, I was embarrassed if they saw me and others, it will be with the age that I am oldly older and I measure me when and wherever.
That if I never catch me in life without a meter and something to correct the hypo.
I spend fatal in more than one occasion and I am already intimidated.
Such will be that before leaving the order of what I carry is this.Backpack and go out.

1) Meter
2) Something sweet for the comeback
3) Keys
4) Portfolio with documents
5) Humalog Boli

DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 11:22 p.m.

I'm glad to read other comments from hypos for heat, these weeks I thought I was doing something wrong because I am having more than usual.The symptoms, a little that you say, depends on the hypo, sometimes hunger, sometimes sweat, other times my hands tremble, sometimes when they are night I feel my heart accelerated, others find it hard to speak or find the words, sometimesI notice thinking strange things or giving too many turns to a subject, and other mogollón vostezThe 60s, although precisely yesterday I did not notice it until 33. There are occasions for :)

valky's profile photo
valky
07/17/2015 1:23 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

In my month and a half since my diagnosis I have noticed when I have been 60. My key symptom is cold sweat, and to a lesser extent, trembling hands.I am glad to read that the theme of heat has confused us to many, because this week I am no longer able to distinguish the sweat from the sweat hypos of the 40 degrees of Madrid.I didn't notice the last hiccup, it was very hot, I had pre-comidation control and then I saw that I was in 50. And there are times, especially the days of 40 degrees, that I am weird and I am at 80 or 90.End, files X with which I suppose I will learn to live together.What is costing my endocrine and me in the middle of honeymoon is to go down the lantus (at night) to the right point where they live together the reserve of its own insulin that I have left and the lantus.If between the two insulins there are a lot, hypoglycemia to singing.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
07/17/2015 6:56 a.m.

Garbitxu said:
I am very careful on heat days, because those days as you say the heat and step of having 150 to have 50 if I do not control it.This week for example, on Thursday we were at 36, I had the morning and afternoon.I brought them well because it measured me every hour and a half or so and I already saw the downward trend.My problem is that I am having nocturnal hypos and I do not wake up.In the morning when I get up and anticipate my body I know that I am in 200 and a lot and having slept well ... Well, that's nocturnal.
I will have to lower the Lantus, but if I do it, it does not last until the afternoon ... and I finish with very high values.
The rest of the time I notice when I have it for my pulse for a long time and in my head I speak slowly ... the important thing is to know your body and know how it reacts.
Greetings.

Hi Garbitxu.Maybe you should consider distributing the Lantus dose on morning and night.I have been doing it for a week and my night controls have improved a lot.Check it with your endocrine and value that possibility.All the best.

DiabetesForo
07/17/2015 3:30 p.m.

Or put the lantus in the morning or at noon.I almost assures you the night without hypos

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/17/2015 6:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.