Authorized Lantus for children from 2 years old

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/16/2012 4:24 p.m.

Link: Link ... Mentos.htm

Lantus (insulin glargina)

New indication:
Treatment of diabetes mellitus in adults, adolescents and children from the age of 2.

Indications already authorized:
Lantus is indicated in the treatment of diabetes mellitus in adults, adolescents and children from 6 years, when treatment with insulin is required.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/16/2012 4:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I take the post to ask one thing, we have been with Lantus for a couple of months and my son is 3 years old.The fact is that he complains of pain or itching in the area once we have injected it although it is small, 6.5 units.

Do you have any discomfort with this type of insulin?

thank you

helora's profile photo
helora
07/10/2012 7:28 a.m.

That is good news, it will have already been investigated enough to be able to authorize children under 6 years old

I take advantage of the post to ask one thing, we have been with Lantus for a couple of months and my son is 3 years old.The fact is that he complains of pain or itching in the area once we have injected it although it is small, 6.5 units.

Thanks

I am new in this and it has happened to me ... I put only 10 units but many times I have noticed something weird.I do not hurt my puncture but I feel a kind of discomfort or ardor at 5-10 minutes.I told the doctor and told me that it was normal, that over time I would get used to it.But the conclusion I have taken is that I have injected it too cold.I keep it in the fridge (for heat) and take it 10 minutes before to take ambient temperature as recommended.But it is seen that it is not enough that now I take it out half an hour before and it does not happen to me anymore ... It may be that in your case it is for the same?
By the way, how do you put 6'5 units?Mine goes from 1 in 1 unit ... Good luck !!

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/13/2012 5:18 p.m.

Helora, it can score because it is a bit acid insulin and there are people who notice it, but it passes over time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/13/2012 8:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for the answers

That is good news, it will have already been investigated enough to be able to authorize children under 6 years old

I take advantage of the post to ask one thing, we have been with Lantus for a couple of months and my son is 3 years old.The fact is that he complains of pain or itching in the area once we have injected it although it is small, 6.5 units.

Thanks

I am new in this and it has happened to me ... I put only 10 units but many times I have noticed something weird.I do not hurt my puncture but I feel a kind of discomfort or ardor at 5-10 minutes.I told the doctor and told me that it was normal, that over time I would get used to it.But the conclusion I have taken is that I have injected it too cold.I keep it in the fridge (for heat) and take it 10 minutes before to take ambient temperature as recommended.But it is seen that it is not enough that now I take it out half an hour before and it does not happen to me anymore ... It may be that in your case it is for the same?
By the way, how do you put 6'5 units?Mine goes from 1 in 1 unit ... Good luck !!

We do not use bolis, but 0.3 ml syringes.and in these you can put 0.5 unit.For Humalog I also need, many times we only put 0.5 unit in food.

helora's profile photo
helora
07/17/2012 8:34 a.m.

It seems to me good news, since I save a puncture to the kids.

I have not had reactions to any kind of insulin, you can try to slowly put insulin.
And above all, the insulin has to be outside the fridge, nothing to put and take out, always out, it has to be at room temperature, both in summer and winter.Keep the bolis that you do not use in the fridge.I don't know who recommended it but very badly, they don't warn anything else, that insulin is at room temperature, if it does not harm.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/09/2015 11:28 a.m.

The lantus sometimes also gives me a slight sting when putting it on and sometimes both in the buttock and in the thigh a small annoyance the first minutes when I am going to walk.I think that is why, because it is something acidic.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
12/09/2015 11:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

@Davidt1 At first the Lantus also scothes me when I put on it but I solve it inject it more slowly, try to see if this trick also works for you

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/09/2015 7:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.