{'en': 'Needle and bolis containers', 'es': 'Contenedores para agujas y bolis'} Image

Needle and bolis containers

Jorditel's profile photo   09/17/2010 7:16 p.m.

Hello, good night to all.

I was wondering if any of you have a clinical waste container (or something similar) to discard the needles of the insulin bowl, since, although my educator told me that I had no problem throwing the needles and the bolisTo organic garbage, I do not like that idea because, apart from the fact that I like to recycle, I do not think it is very "healthy" to throw needles in an organic garbage container.

And, in the event that someone had it, where can one get you?

I planned to ask in some outpatient but my educator told me to ask in the pharmacy (which I will do as soon as I go) but I would like to know if someone else uses them and if you get them in other places.

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/17/2010 7:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Helloaaaaa,
Jorditel, to me the ambulatory nurse gave me a medium -sized container to throw the needles, I did not give you a bowl to throw the needles
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 4:33 a.m.

I asked my educator and told me that: to ask in a pharmacy.Now I know that I can also go to the ambulatory to ask for it: D

Thank you so much ;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/18/2010 5 a.m.

Seen the panorama, what I do is with the empty bottles of Coca Cola (Zero, of course: d) It is to fill them with the needles, strips and lancets ... when they are full, the tapo and the shot at normal garbage.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/18/2010 5:48 a.m.

Owash, a good idea, I hadn't thought about it, in my case it would be light, I can't with the zero: D: D: D

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 5:55 a.m.

I refuse to throw them away .... My doctor gives me some yellow containers that once they are full they close tightly and I give them.In principle I think they sterilize or burn it.I am horrified that someone can click with a needle.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/18/2010 6:29 a.m.

Quim, those yellow containers give them to my TB, they come very well

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 6:34 a.m.

To those yellow containers are those that I mean :)

As for the can, it is obviously much better than throwing loose needles but the problem is that I do not feel comfortable throwing needles (and also with plastic components: p) to organic garbage.In addition, I recycle the cans and I do not think it was very logical to throw a can full of needles to recycle, hahaha.

Thank you all for answering, greetings.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/18/2010 8:19 a.m.

... I'm going to ask for this too.I am not able to list the long list of things that you make me rethink.It will be that now I am responsible for my diabetes (before my parents were more) but it had never occurred to me ... although it is true that I did not like to throw the needles into the paper.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/06/2010 9:08 a.m.

I have been told to throw everything in the trash (lancetas, needles, titles, etc.)

Is it well said?

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
02/03/2017 1:19 p.m.

No, it is not well said.
If they do not give you the container in the ambulatory, put it in a bottle of plastic as they have said above and take it to the ambulatory and they have to take charge since by law all the health centers whether they are public or private, large hospitals or thedentista in front of the house, to have a waste collection company and I say it because I pay it all months so that they take over

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/03/2017 1:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Just yesterday I spoke with the coordinator of my health center on that: before they facilitated special yellow containers to all diabetics but with the cuts they no longer give them ... I do not want to throw them away, and I put them in the cans type the typeFrom Nesquik ... I wanted to take them in those cans to the ambulatory and it turns out that the coordinator explained to me what there are: the biological waste burns them.And that is why they only accept them inside plastic bottles or plastic containers.If you carry them in a container that is not incinerable (metal, glass ...) do not take them.The fact is that they burn the plastic of the needles ... with more plastic, that is, more contamination.
On the other hand, if you carry them in fine bags, some auxiliaries do not want to take them, even if it is an asite ... and that they have a larger container in the center where they can drop the bag without touching anything.The coordinator did take them to me, and told me that there was no problem, but that there are colleagues who do not want to do it.I understand that they do not want to prick, but to click with those needles you have to go to put your finger like in a plug ... with the lancetas it is dangerous and punctuated to put them in a bag.
As it may, things in some Valencia centers are like this ...
What I am going to do is, since they are to burn, recycle small cardboard boxes (or shoes, hey ... you close them well with adhesive tape and that's it): so they can take them without puncturing and you canBurning without more toxicity, since burning plastic contaminates more.And thus take them to the ambulatory.And I hope and I wish they take them to incinerate.If not, there is always the possibility of setting up a special failure and burning it with tears or cheers ...:-P
I also told the coordinator the problem with the lack of material, but she explained to me, although I agreed, as far as she could and could not do.The orders come from above, outside the work structure of the centers.And there are the possibilities of flexibility and imagination of each worker.

imara's profile photo
imara
02/03/2017 2:20 p.m.

Not the cardboard goals because they will not take them because then you have to pass them to a plastic container.
In the norms of my contract they always speak of plastic container

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/03/2017 3:43 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Here they have picked them up, then not, then if, sometimes they gave you the container and other Vecew no and now it is that we disagree with them at home (as I have an incinerator) that do not let them collect or that we empty our containers because theyThey only seize those who produce and not those outside (the needles and lancets provide them to me).

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
02/03/2017 10:59 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Go, now you have left me intrigued, because I also have a yellow container that gave me in my health center, and I have it almost full.Let's see if they won't want to give me another.True is what you comment once when I went to the health center to leave a yellow container of theirs that close very well, already full, I asked at the entrance counter if I could leave it there, and they did not want to take it, they told meThat he was directly to the assistant, and the auxiliary did not want to take it, he told me to leave him directly in a large box in a room.I felt as if he had a bomb:-/
By the way, what do you throw in the container?The used needles, lancetas ... and something else?Because one day the educator told me that I could also put the insulin bolis already finished.I have always thrown them in the trash and it is true that sometimes I do not take away the needle when I'm going to throw it away.So if I also shot them in the container, even more and as is plastic, nothing would happen, right?

valky's profile photo
valky
02/04/2017 12:15 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I live in an area with little population.In the health center I ask for that container where I put needles and strips (which carries blood and biological risk).I give it to me there and they collect it "favor", for the cuts.But there they will say that it is the material of the health center.

Regarding the used bolis, I put them in a bag and deliver it to the pharmacy, which are the sigre points.That is why they are and for that the pharmaceutical companies and others earn money, to be responsible for what is done and how it is done.

Unfortunately, I had no awareness of this until a few years ago, so let's try to do well.It would not be more than any National Diabetics Association to press for this and to get those with insulin to have enough strips recipes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2017 11:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.