The fears of the first trip

Quim's profile photo   09/18/2010 6:25 a.m.

Hello everyone, then I have returned from my vacation :-)
Tell you that this has been my first trip as a diabetic and tell you that no problem.
Traveling has no risk and I promise that the next trip to make will be even stronger.
I tell you things.(By the way the trip was 15 days in Turquia)

- Insulin on the plane.They have not even asked me to check the bag where I was carrying it and that I had a certificate of doctors.
- Heat for insulin.And used the cold bag and has endured 40 degrees 85% moisture.
- The meals (Farinaceas rations) because in all countries they have bread :-) Measures has eye and no scare.
- Hypos and hyperglycemia.Impressive better than at home, in 15 days the highest 122 and the lowest 78.

I think these are the 4 most important points (or I had more fears)
If you are afraid of traveling do not hesitate to do so

Thank you very much for your aid and advice.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to consult me ​​as I did

Hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/18/2010 6:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Helloaaaa,
Quim, I'm glad the trip has gone great, and with diabetes everything has gone ok
The next month I want to go to Portugal, I am not afraid, but I read that a medical certificate is needed, right?I will ask the educator, for insulin I have the cold sachet, I have not used it yet, it will come great to me
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 6:33 a.m.

The doctor's certificate have not asked me at the airport or even in the thousands of police controls that Turquia has.I suppose it is not mandatory but for your peace of mind they do it.
On the other hand, what I did was take the instructions of the cold bag or you print the internet instructions since it is a bit weird and unknown to those who do not have diabetes and the machine detected it as if it were water.
Have a good trip and you will tell.
Hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
09/18/2010 12:25 p.m.

I am very glad that everything went so well and thank you very much for informing so that there are no more fears when traveling suffering from diabetes.

By the way, since you talk about cold bags, did you buy them online?

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/18/2010 3:23 p.m.

I entered the > And there I saw the phone and called.I paid it counterrembolso.

But there is a foreras that directly asked England and it is cheaper.I don't remember where he put the link.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/18/2010 6:44 p.m.

Yes, that is one of the pages I saw before.I will ask about the closest pharmacies and, if I do not find them, I will call or look for it to ask England in case I can save something: P

Thanks Alea, greetings;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/18/2010 6:59 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaa,
Jorditel, this is the page in English, I bought the Large Wallet, I had no problem and the request came very fast, a wonder

Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/19/2010 4:49 a.m.

Wow, the truth is that it is much cheaper, thank you very much, Anabeg :) But, another pergantage I have (and I feel to be heavy: oops :), how much ascende the rates (VAT)?

Greetings and thanks again to all: D

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/19/2010 5:44 a.m.

Hi Jorditel .....
If I remember correctly ..... When I made my order for the cold bag of my insulin pump ... when ordering you asked you the reason for the purchase and if it is due to illness ...... You are exemptof rates.I did it, I put type 1 diabetes and if I remember badly it only cost me the base price + the beans they indicated.As the change is done by the bank when making the purchase and they charge me anything .... it was great price ...

virginia's profile photo
virginia
09/19/2010 7:11 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
Jorditel, Virginia explained very well, I was not charged, and the order came out very cheap

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/19/2010 7:18 a.m.

Go, then it is great: shock: as soon as I can, I buy it.Thank you very much for the information: D

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/19/2010 9:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.