PLANGER FOR ALTERNATIVE PLACES

samozeus's profile photo   05/22/2012 11:04 a.m.

Well, I have been questioning a doubt that I have seen that there are puncture for alternative places, one is that of the Bayer brand the microlet 2 (which you can do the punctures in the palm of the hand or in the forearm), and another is ofThe abbott house the freestyle launch device (this allows in the arm, forearm, palm of the hand, base of the thumb, thigh and calf).
They are pricks that have two covers one for the accounts and one for alternative areas, it is not to punish the fingertips so much.I have already asked my endo and he told me that there are no problems to do the glycemia of those areas, he has told me that there are people who even do it from their feet and ears that if he told me: "Isn't it going to youhurt more? "
My questions;Has anyone tried them?And in those areas, does it hurt more than the fingertips? You know where you can get or buy, because in my association, they have no idea although I have not insisted much either

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
05/22/2012 11:04 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

On the feet it is absolutely discouraged to prick, because they are the most vulnerable part for a diabetic.

The ears, I suppose it could serve, although I see it not very practical.

Regarding the forearm, my daughter ever tried it, but you had to click a lot to get the drop (it does not flow as in the finger) and also the blood glucose is less reliable.

I think that in the end it is best to use the fingers, trying to adjust the puncture to the necessary minimum (in the puncture) and rotate all the fingers and each part of each finger.If you use a good moisturizer, your fingers may be perfectly.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/22/2012 11:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the last meter that I achieved I had a cloth of those to be able to click on other places.

He made me a huge illusion and when I got home, the first thing I did is try it.
I tried it in that mollita that we all have under the big toe, in the palm of the hand.

I promise you that it gave me horrible damage, the tears escaped, and I got a purple (not blood), which is already difficult in that area hahaha, I could not rest my hand in a week.

I don't know if it was I who did it wrong or truly hurts, but I do not plan to try it again, I don't know where it is and I prefer not to know why it scares me, just like it was a bug that would bite me hahahaha.

I think that the sides of the fingers around the yolks is the place that hurts.What I do in addition to how Alea says is that I have a moisturizer bonus on the bedside table and I get just before sleeping.My prick I have little powerful, I prefer to make me less injured and squeeze my finger a little.

Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/22/2012 12:31 p.m.

Thanks Alea and Quim, on the feet I was not going to try anyway, I see it a bit uncomfortable as uncomfortable, that in the lobes of the ear that looks in a mirror to become glycemia is little practical, it was to seeIf my endocrine and her nurse were right that I was going to hurt more and for what you are telling it seems that if my parents have told me but it will not hurt anymore. If I continue as always. In any way.I have come to click on my finger with a needle to get blood, that if it was very at the beginning but I still remember.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
05/22/2012 2:37 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

I tried in the palms of my hands and I almost doesn't get blood.So I don't use it in other areas other than fingers.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2012 2:11 p.m.

I do not have an alternative prick but one of my friends is a nurse and he did to prick the ear lobe because they did the older lords in the hospital, to people who have the fingers already very badly ...And nothing hurts !!What happens that or someone clicks you and the meter brings you closer, or you have to look in a mirror ... but the blood goes well and that does not hurt Nadita.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/26/2012 4:56 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Tam, in the lobulo of the ear?: Shock :: Shock:
I had no idea that you could click there

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/26/2012 8:32 p.m.

The ear lobe is usually a simple place to get blood;For example, to measure lactate, you usually prick there.
It is usually measured in athletes to see their recovery of the effort.
I have found this study: Link ... ginal-2008
There, they say that there are differences according to where you click: ear or fingers

For glycemia, normal, I don't think it is recommended;First because you have to prick another person and second because I have my doubts about whether the calibration of the glucometers will be designed for the blood sample.

I think I remember that the manuals of the glucometers warn that the alternative areas to the fingers differ the measurements ... I imagine that much more in conditions of hyper or hyper.

DiabetesForo
05/27/2012 4:20 a.m.

We were given the Menarini prick (the one who put the penguin cap for children) and has an additional piece to be able to click on the forearm and palm of the hands.

helora's profile photo
helora
07/09/2012 9:13 a.m.

The puncture in alternative places is perfect when blood glucose is stable.But it is not convenient to measure you in those sites when your glucose levels vary rapidly;That is, in Hippo, when you are in full effect of insulin, just eaten ... because in those situations there is a noticeable difference between the measurement on the finger and in alternative places.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/13/2012 3:57 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I was also a lid of these to get the blood sample from alternative places, I tried on the forearm but I don't like it (it hurt me more).I have also been told about the lobes of the ears in case I don't want to crush my fingers too much but it gives me something.

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/13/2012 6:36 a.m.

Hello.I shed only in my fingers, although the truth is that I do not have to do it much because it is only 3 a day, before the main meals, and once a week 3 punctures plus an hour and a half after meals.

I made a template numbered with my fingers at first, in which I put the order of numbering and follow it correlatively to minimize possible damage.I attach the photo of the same in case it serves you.

Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
07/14/2012 4:56 a.m.

I puncture on the side of the finger and always in the same finger and the truth comes a moment that a small callus comes out and does not hurt, the prick I have to the maximum and picho three times a day and once a week six times

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
07/21/2012 1:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.