A new Cordoba

fer_pelu's profile photo   05/24/2012 8:30 a.m.

Hello everyone,
My name is Fernando and I am a Cordoba born in Madrid 35 years ago who on May 30 (my saint) 12 months ago that he was diagnosed with type I diabetes (yes, type I, I have not forgotten any stick).
The thing started a month and a half ago, when at work they changed my position and I went like crazy all day, with many haste and without stopping (I did not see me stressed, but it is seen that something of that was).At that time I caught a slim drunkenness after which I started to see blurry and not focus well at a long distance (a strange thing I had always seen very well).With the passing of the weeks the general fatigue arrived progressively, loss of 12 kg of weight, night cramps in the legs (now I know that by decompensation of the potassium), thick saliva and with a rare flavor, drinking muuucha water and of course, urinating muuucho(I went to bed knowing how minimal I would get up 2 times to urinate).In the last two weeks I already had a half -dizzy head and with a certain bewilderment (the truth is that now I realize how bad I was).
That Monday, May 30 I went to work (more bad than a dog all day), and when I got home in the afternoon I told my wife that we went for a walk and take something outside to celebrate my saint ... hehe... When folding the corner we stopped in the pharmacy to make a sugar test ... and there ends my "healthy" life.
He had 460 sugar.To the emergency hospital and admitted immediately (I was debuting, what memories!).The Hemo at 13.8 and all the parameters in decompensated blood.Until Friday they didn't discharge me.
And as I read here for a long time, "I" healthy "finding myself badly, and I got" sick "feeling well" (that phrase is very good to describe a debut).
A year later, I still remain on a honeymoon and almost with the same insulin guideline as leaving the hospital: 20 U of Lantus (I left the hospital with 18) and 0-2-2 of Novorapid.At 3 weeks of debuting I had the Hemo at 11.0 and all the following every 3 months, at 6.3, including the one 3 weeks ago (I am of fixed pinion).

Next week I have a year with our beloved friend.The truth is that, as in all, it was a great change in my life, but in my case not a great trauma.It is a p..tadada, of course, but I accepted it without much problem.My wife is the one who suffers (she is type III diabetes, as I also read here), and my mother who cries for all of us.My brother was also diagnosed with type I when he was 10 years old (already 18 of this), and she is the one who had to swallow everything.She is now an expert in diabetes, like so many mothers and wives, but she is still hitting heads against the walls for not having realized "my problem" (the truth is that it is to kill us, to her and to all those around me,I included, for not realizing having the case of my brother so close).

Soon I found you, I loved your page and I follow you more or less like that.What I like most are the presentations of the new ones (like this), perhaps because they are people like me in diabetes: new.

A big hug to all,
Fernando

P.S.I regret the tostón

fer_pelu's profile photo
fer_pelu
05/24/2012 8:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Fernando, as you say another Cordobes we are already 4, Jo, any problem with the endocrine and we get on strike at the hospital hehe

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/24/2012 9:17 a.m.

Hello Fernando, your mother reminds me of mine ..... they suffered more than us.
Welcome!!!

romevila's profile photo
romevila
05/24/2012 10:44 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Welcome!!!!: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/24/2012 11:19 a.m.

Welcome Fernando !!!Another Cordoba more !!!For what you need here we walk!

mpgp's profile photo
mpgp
05/24/2012 2:20 p.m.

Welcome to Fernando Forum: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/25/2012 4:20 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

My thanks and admiration for all types type 3.

fer_pelu's profile photo
fer_pelu
05/25/2012 4:52 a.m.

Congratulations on your saint!(Although I arrived something late ...)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/31/2012 11:33 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.