New in the forum

david29's profile photo   09/24/2010 1:36 p.m.

Hello, I am David Diabetic for 18 years, now I have 33, I knew this forum but I had never written before, I tell a little about my life, I hope not to bore you a lot, I punish me 4 times a day, I have a hemo of 6.5, well, wellIn summary, I carry a more or less acceptable control, I make a healthy life practical enough sport such as mountaineering, hiking, ski, BTT (I live next to the Pyrenees).The fact of being diabetic does not condition my life for almost anything, at first it is difficult to agree with sport and insulin but it can be achieved, sometimes in winter when the temperature is very low and I am rising some peak I have to put the insulin nearMy body so that it does not freeze and follow mine but never give up, you always have to "climb".Much encouragement to those who have been recently diagnosed with diabetes and are lost, because we have all been and went forward.Greetings.

david29's profile photo
david29
09/24/2010 1:36 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Welcome to the David forum, surely you would help us a lot to the debutants in this with the issue of exercise, which for what I see is a phenomenon.: Mrgreen:

Greetings David, by the way I love the area where you live.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/24/2010 2 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, David, welcome home.

I also love your area.And it is great for those who have diabetic children, to see how such a high quality of life and freedom of life can be achieved to practice any sport or activity without compromising health.
Surely we will learn from you.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/24/2010 2:05 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, surely "rookies" we can learn a lot from you: P

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/24/2010 2:18 p.m.

Hi David:

Welcome to the forum, it's nice to read, transmit serenity and give me healthy envy, you live in a beautiful place.

Greetings,: p

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/24/2010 2:57 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Welcome to the club

Some time ago, I think we talk about living at altitude and diabetes seems that glucacemia increases in short periods (holidays, end of weeks) and decreases as you stay longer ...

Apart from this that has come to my head when reading Pyrenees ... I see that you get along well

DiabetesForo
09/24/2010 4:03 p.m.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience in the David forum.What insulin do you inject?I have type 1 diabetes since 2004 and now I have 42. The last hemoglobin was 6.8, the heights give me myself but I love hiking and I try to practice enough sport such as running, bicycle, dance, aerobics.Sport is what helps me the most to control!That positive attitude that you transmit is essential to achieve anything and not let themselves be dejected by obstacles such as diabetes but to turn them into strengths.
I am very recently in this forum and I feel very good since I have found it because it gives me the opportunity to learn and share my experiences.I do not get tired of thanks to everyone you are.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/24/2010 6:52 p.m.

Thank you all for the reception, the truth is that I still have a lot to learn, in life the more you know the more you realize how little you know.I get Lantus 14u and Novorapid in each meal 7-5-5 although the day I am going to make some pranks of more than 6 hours, upload some peak of more than 3000m or be running all day skiding all the insulin of the food and alsoI drink around 1 liter of aquariums, with that it is enough for me to get home in acceptable 80-200 figures I better prefer to get about 200 than 80 to avoid hypoglycemia.Complement the day with two snacks and energetic bars on demand (and I take the opportunity to give me some cappelAereos or crest or snow channels could be dangerous, I solve this as I said drinking very often isotonic drink and small sips.
Of course my endocrine is informed of everything promptly and does not put any impediment, only that it does not reach 4000m, but well in the Pyrenees there is no problem the maximum height is 3400m.

You may think that Ariesgo too much but I do not want to give up almost anything because of this damn disease and tryinsulin.
Thank you again for listening to me, I like to talk about the subject but I don't know anyone diabetic with which to talk and vent.

david29's profile photo
david29
09/24/2010 8:12 p.m.

Hemo 7

Wellvendio David!
Here you will find people to share experiences, and you with your experience will help us the debutants, that we appreciate it very much, because we are starting, this forum is helping me a lot, and I take advantage of TB to thank everyone, I am delighted to havefound the forum
Greetings,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/25/2010 5:11 a.m.

Hi David, Welcome !!!!!!!!!!
I do not think that you risk too much, I am passionate about the mountain as if I do not upload such high peaks, here they are little hehehe ..... I think the same as you, diabetes is not an impediment of anything, we put the limits we do not put themDiabetes.
A curiosity, why does the endocrine tell you that you do not pass from 4000 meters ?????We all know diabetics that have uploaded higher mountains, Feijoo and the extreme challenge camera, for example.

That said, welcome and keep telling us your experiences.

DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 6:46 a.m.

You may risk but like any person who rises so high, not because of being diabetic.That is what you have to do: not let the diabetes control you and try to control it, it seems great to me.In addition, you exercise a lot and you are passionate: D

By the way, I see here that many people have fixed doses of rapid insulin in food (for example, 7-5-5) but, are those the base units or always put those?I varied a lot depending on what I will eat, the level of glucose you have, etc.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/25/2010 7:04 a.m.

If the truth is right.Well, it turns out that diabetes came out as a result of a measles Yademas of the pancreas also damaged the kidneys, with the height the blood pressure is triggered and that would make the kidneys work with a little "overload" is surely why, at 3000m they do not give me an impediment.I imagine that these diabetics that rise so high should be "only" diabetics, I have the complete hehe.

david29's profile photo
david29
09/25/2010 7:06 a.m.

Hemo 7

I am save Carlos's Pope (he is 8 years old and they just diagnoses diabetes 1) he plays soccer and I have read that if he is above 250 he cannot practice sports, the case is that nowhere I have read why.After reading David I stay calmer since Carlos likes football very much and is playing all day, we have gone from managing 4-3-3 has inject 2-1-1 because it arrives at the time of the very low meals.David who is better isotonic drinks or eat a banana, for example, before playing if you are low?

salva cm's profile photo
salva cm
09/25/2010 10:05 a.m.

David and Salva, welcome to the gathering.

David, people like you have to be close to be able to give a hand to people who, like save, their son and others want to combine their diabetes with the love of sport.If you escape a little here, surely you find more colleagues who hit the sport loudly.

You give me envy because I am one of those who do not go beyond the pass.And less bad ...

A cordial greeting everyone.

DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 3:19 p.m.

Save, not exercising with high blood glucose is due to the lack of insulin (hence hyperglycemia).If there is not enough insulin, as the body needs to burn glucose with exercise, it cannot.Then, the organism, which needs that energy, tries to obtain it from fats, but that generates toxic waste (ketones) very dangerous for diabetic, due to the risk of ketosis or ketoacidosis.
If you have high blood glucose, it is best to put the doses you need fast insulia and wait a little.

Regarding whether the banana or drinks is better, because it depends on how at the beginning, on the intensity and duration of the exercise.

Watch the glycemia during exercise and, in a short time, you will know how your body and exact needs react.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 4 p.m.

Good save and company ... because to the question that is better banana or watercolo -type energy drinks because the two things provide rapid action hydrates, I drink aquariums because a banana is little if I do a very hard exercise and it is not a matterto eat three bananas!Surely it would take indigestion, if the sport is not very strong a banana, pearls.

Jorditel ask me if I always wear the same units, because you various as you say depending on the exercise you do or if I have a gun.The one that never dies is Lantus.
Greetings

david29's profile photo
david29
09/25/2010 6:38 p.m.

Hemo 7

By ciero a question: here I see that there are people we have of 5.5, because my doctor does not want me to get out of 6 ????Does anyone know?

david29's profile photo
david29
09/25/2010 7 p.m.

Hemo 7

David, maybe it's because it is difficult to have a smaller HEMO of 6 without hypoglycemia.
Here are two or three special beings that get it: D But your doctor is trying to avoid risks, I guess.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 7:02 p.m.

If the truth is that I see that hemo without hypoglycemia.That is why.thank you

david29's profile photo
david29
09/25/2010 7:18 p.m.

Hemo 7

Well, it seems that there a few mountaineers out there, heh, heh, heh: mrgreen:

Now in October I pillo vacation and we go to Picos de Europa to make crossings, the first one that will be, source de-aliva, I will tell you how, it will be my first excursion with the sweet in the backpack, I will tell you when I return.
I like this thread ...... above the mountaineers !!!!

DiabetesForo
09/27/2010 4:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.