What to do with heat and hypoglycemia.

garbitxu's profile photo   05/28/2012 7:14 a.m.

Hi guys:
Today I have risen and I have seen the sun that makes, and instead of thinking what a long time it is, I thought that glucemias shit I will have today.And that it is better to take juices and meals ...
Like many of you, the sugar lowers me.I would have to lower the insulin, but right now I am adjusting it because I am leaving the honeymoon.And I don't think so I get to control if I have to lower it by heat and then upload it again.
With the heat I can go from having 200 to 70 in an hour or so.
Being adjusting insulin I don't know how to vary it to avoid hypos.I also live in Bilbao and not always heat.
I have been reading previous posts and the thing has not been very clear, if someone can give me advice ...
If I get off the fast foods, I only get high after and go down in the middle of the afternoon or tomorrow.
I know that I have not explained very well and sorry, but what has been said, if someone can help I appreciate it in advance.

All the best

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/28/2012 7:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If blood glucose goes too much between meals, you should lower a Lantus unit.

In my opinion with the fast it is not played, the rapid is to counteract food intake.
If you eat x rations you need fast insulin x (each one who needs).

Then, it comes if you have the adjusted lantus or not ... if it goes too much, it will be that it is not and vice versa.

Finally, and in each day, the particular situations come ... If that afternoon you have gym (you need it contributes of hydrates), if on Saturday morning you go to the bartola, if you leave beers and skewers in the middle of the afternoon...

When summer comes, I get the basal, always.
Of course, so much and in Valencia the weather is very humid.
This year I take the bomb so we'll see how I'm going ... for the moment I've been a little rare for several days.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2012 2:05 p.m.

Thanks Owash, to see how the summer is given.
It is that by walking the lantus, I walk decompensated, and the heat comes and the little control I have achieved bothers me.
In the end he has had to eat something in the middle of the afternoon although I have not reached extremes.
All the best

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/28/2012 4:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.