{'en': 'Adolescent diabetics.', 'es': 'Diabética adolescente.'} Image

Adolescent diabetics.

Marieta's profile photo   06/05/2012 6:27 p.m.

Hello everyone,

The truth is that I would never have imagined being writing in a forum, much less being diabetic.

My debut was two months ago when I had not yet turned 18.It went to levels of 380 and entered the hospital so quiet but with a diabetic ketoacidosis.

And as a good ketoacidosis that I had, I stayed in the hospital for a week.Everything put on my life in my life, I was studying 2bto in England and had all the exams plus the selectivity ... a chaos.

Luckily I have great parents who do whatever and finally we managed to go there and do the exams, although the issue of selectivity is yet to be seen.Use insulin Lantus and Novorapid.

And the truth is that I don't know how I am, I still have very high peaks (250) and then low (38-40) unintelligible.

But well everyone says it will be regulated.And as well, well, I have always been too strong and mature for my age so I try to be perfect and happy so that those around me do not suffer, but it is very difficult for me.

I know that everyone tells me that it is a bearable disease and that they understand me, but they don't, they can't feel it.

I feel as if I had not lived anything, as if everything good I had now and I will not be able to live it in the same way.

But well it is my backpack and I have to take it with me all my life.It is strange because I feel as if it were not diabetic, maybe I have not yet accepted it.

Greetings from Zaragoza.

Marieta's profile photo
Marieta
06/05/2012 6:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Marieta.
My daughter is also 18 years old, although she has been with diabetes since 8, so we already have some experience :)

It is normal for you to be unstable at first.It costs a bit to take the rhythms and learn how insulin, hydrates, exercise, emotions work in your body ...

Try to learn and ask in the forum any questions, that we will try to throw a little hand.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/05/2012 6:45 p.m.

You are still yourself, with or without diabetes.You are not going to miss anything good in life, over time you will remove the diabetes from the foreground and you will continue to live your life.Regulate it totally, it cannot be achieved (for the moment), but the suffering to almost normalize life.Much encouragement and, if you have doubts with control, here we are.
What time do you get Lantus?What time are the peaks?Were you entered here or in England?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/05/2012 7:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome!!!!!!!!!

DiabetesForo
06/06/2012 5:12 a.m.

Thanks Regina and Alea :) And yes, of course I will ask.I put the Lantus before I go to sleep and I put 28 units although two weeks ago with 32.And the peaks often be at the time of the snack ... from the food I begin to climb and the dowers because when they feel like the truth ... now I control it more than the hiccups because I make 5 meals a day and thusI have not had so many.And they entered me here, well actually in Reus because Ethsba on Easter holidays, and with all the royo of the communities and transfers ... because they could not transfer to Zaragoza so I left a week there.
Thank you all
A BESIKO

Marieta's profile photo
Marieta
06/06/2012 5:38 a.m.

Good Marieta,
I am also from Mañas lands, what hospital do they take you?In Miguel Servet there is a good team of endocrine and I think in the clinician too.

The feeling you have of "not feeling diabetic" is totally normal.When a strong change occurs in life it costs a lot to assimilate it.It is not the same, but my father died last year and although I had accepted it (I had no choice) from time to time disconnected and suddenly the thought came "my father is no longer" and I turned my heart,Little by little, new situations are part of life and it will be what happens to you with diabetes, you'll see :)

tica's profile photo
tica
06/06/2012 5:39 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Look, the same happened to my daughter (I say it many times), but she solved it by putting Lantus in the morning or noon.Talk to your endo, to see what it seems to him, because the dose can be increased a bit and that he lasts 24 hours, without giving hypos at night.
Kisses.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/06/2012 11:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome!!!!

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/09/2012 3:14 a.m.

Jelou
Welcome to the forum and diabetes

DiabetesForo
06/09/2012 7:31 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.