Melitus Language

zyand's profile photo   06/12/2012 11:03 a.m.

Hello to all the new ones.

And to all the not so new I ask for their advice.

With the aim of improving the understanding of our communication, I have less than a month in the forum and even batallo to understand all the "clichés" that are used in the slang of this forum (I take more than 3 messages to understand that firefightersFrom here, it is not a profession but a life method).

I want to assume that we all get to know our friends (DM) without a kind knowledge of what we have and our nature drives us to seek information to learn more about the subject.

But there are terms that do not finish entering my hard head or that for my type of diabetes do not apply and I am out of that world of information.

Well, I want to dedicate this issue to look for definitions to help us understand, I am sure that as I are many that we do not know and we do not ask for fear or insecurity.

I quote an advice that gave me Owash

Type 2 diabetes does not end up being type 1, if perhaps a percentage of patients with type 2 diabetes end with insulin therapy and not necessarily with an intensive pattern (Bolus-base).
In addition, today the arsenal of medications intended for type 2 diabetes is huge, especially incredines can be very important to improve control in worse controlled patients.

Which is "intensive guideline (bolus-base)"
What are incredine?

I hope you can help us and encourage everyone to put the terms that do not understand to clarify those doubts.

Greetings…

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/12/2012 11:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Zyand

What you comment made me laugh, but you don't feel like you if you take it with humor.Good thing about the fireman hahahaha.
If sometimes we have different expressions depending on where you live or expressions acquired according to whom you speak and time but it is inevitable to change it.I can only tell you one thing.
Chico, when you don't understand something that does not happen that we don't happen and for that.
I am the first one that sometimes I ask rare questions because I don't understand.
However absurd you seem a doubt, new things are always learned.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/12/2012 11:59 a.m.

Thanks Quim.
And I don't tell you all my thoughts about the firefighters, I have to which they say "Hello, I am a firefighter from ... and I have insulin, blah blah blah," I said that good vibes a public servant encouraging us to get ahead.
Then I run into another case of firefighter and I tell Caray this to turn off fires if it is stressful (you see that they say that diabetes can be developed by fright), here I already started to suspect something.
And when I find another firefighter statement that I tell myself if the dentists have the greatest suicide index then those who are the ones who have the greatest diabetes index to have, hahaha.

My doubts dissipated in the first message they mentioned correctly that they use a pump for injecting insulin, I almost have to go to the bathroom to laugh at my misunderstanding.ha ha ha

Well, I am sure that I will be from asking, it does not make me branded me as a sparrow (sparrow in the northern Mexico is something like that someone who is insisting with the same every time)

greetings...

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/12/2012 5:02 p.m.

Zyand, a Bolus - basal guideline is the one that is achieved with a basal insulin (which counteracts the glucose produced by the liver) and that is put once or twice a day, to have 24 -hour covers (lantus or lesson).With bomb, a continuous dose of insulin is also put (although it can vary according to the sections of the day, that is its advantage).
The bowling are the rapid insulins that are put before meals to compensate for the carbohydrates that are ingested.
Welcome to the forum :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2012 8:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And the incretins are medication for type 2, which are taken in pills, it is not insulin

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2012 8:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks Regina.

And about the types of analysis that one must do to do me continuously that many mention last hemo and give values ​​such as the samples 6.3.

I see that my analysis makes me my social security doctor mentions only glucose and gives values ​​as my last 321 mg/dl, what difference is there between a hem and one of glucose?

Should I demand any other analysis?

I am also curious that they mention insulin resistance, can I do something to check that data?

greetings...

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/12/2012 8:44 p.m.

Hemo, we call it to glycosylated hemoglobin, which is related to the average glucose value of the last 3 months.(It is considered that control is good, if this hemoglobin is less than 7, although the value of a non -diabetic person is 5 or less)
Insulin resistance .. may be the cause of type 2 diabetes or appear in type 1 if very high doses of insulin are needed ... I think ..
Well, I'm going to sleep that is 2h here ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2012 9:18 p.m.

Hello again.

I have found several comments talking about "You are on your honeymoon" I understand that it is about the DM1 that they no longer produce insulin and that at some point they were after the debut generated insulin.

But this also happens with the DM2?or when does that term "honeymoon" come to DM1?

I tell you, this of the customs of the forum in which they express themselves very colloquially, suddenly they confuse me.

greetings...

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/29/2012 12:23 p.m.

thanks regina.

And about the types of analysis that one must do to do me continuously that many mention last hemo and give values ​​such as the samples 6.3.

I see that my analysis makes me my social security doctor mentions only glucose and gives values ​​as my last 321 mg/dl, what difference is there between a hem and one of glucose?

Should I demand any other analysis?

I am also curious that they mention insulin resistance, can I do something to check that data?

Greetings ...

Hi Zyand!
I spend this link where there is more extensive information about what glucosylated hemoglobin is ...
Although we look "monthly" as you say there, it is always better to ask and not keep the doubts.

Greetings :)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/29/2012 6:20 p.m.

Zyand, type 2 diabetics are type 2 and do not become type 1, as some believe, by worsening their disease.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease, which the immune system goes crazy and attacks and destroys the beta cells producing insulin producing.This type of diabetes precise insulin always and is usually declared in young people and children.

Type 2 diabetes is that there is a resistance from the organism to insulin that its pancreas does produce, or insufficient insulin production.The pancreas does work, but let's say it is something more lazy and that the organism does not take advantage of that insulin.This type of diabetes is what is associated with sedentary lifestyle, obesity and inheritance.According to the cases, it can be treated only with diet and exercise, or with oral antidiabetics or, in more serious cases, with insulin.

But it does not pass from one guy to another.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/02/2012 7:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.