Hello, I'm new!

marilagu's profile photo   09/30/2010 8:20 a.m.

Hello!!
I've been reading for a while and I encourage you to write to you.
I am a diabetic since I was 9 years old and now I have 27.
The truth is that my control is always a ruin.Now it seems that fears are entering me and I start controlling, even though the lack of practice, despite the years of experience, makes it difficult.
I hope to have your help and hunt a little, since I see that here you are axes on the subject.
I will continue reading and I will consult you.
If I could help you something, do not hesitate to ask for that mouth !!
Thank you so much

marilagu's profile photo
marilagu
09/30/2010 8:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Marilagu.

It's never too late to start taking care of yourself.In addition, you are very young and you are in time to avoid complications if you take care of yourself.

Here you have us to take a hand (or two).

Give us more data of the treatment you carry and the problems that arise, you will see how in a short time you have the clearest things.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2010 11:10 a.m.

Welcome, ask anything and we will try to give you the solution.

All the best ;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/30/2010 12:21 p.m.

Welcome Marilagu, you'll see that the batteries soon put you.

All the best,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/30/2010 3:52 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hi Marilagu.
You change your fears and your 27 for mine (fears no, the years) and I give you an insulin bomb in good condition ... Welcome to the group.
Listen, you are almost as veteran as me in this sugar, although much, much, much younger.What fears do you have at this point?What you have to do is check the "notes" and love you a little more.You know it's not very difficult.It costs a little, really, but the reward will be great (I have, I've already got biblical! I'm leaving)
A cordial greeting.
And look at my signature, here, a little below.... Well, that!

DiabetesForo
09/30/2010 4:51 p.m.

Welcome Marilagu!
Surely with your experience you help the new
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/30/2010 6:18 p.m.

Thank you all for the reception !!!
My treatment is Humalog Mix25 16-16-15 (although I am moving continuously to correct the hypos and hyper).
The very bad thing that happens to me is that I work in shifts in a hospital ..... And that for the schedules is a matador.
When I am in the morning breakfast at 8, about 16 and Ceno soon ..
When I am in the afternoon breakfast at 10, about 13 and Ceno at 23.
And when I'm at night, it is total lack of control, I think my body goes crazy.
So it is a bit impossible to have normal glycemics, because when the body gets used to one turn, another comes.
At the moment the only complication that I have had is a microenurism in the left eye, who at the moment does not give war and I do not notice anything.
I have been a crazy goat in Plan "I drink like every weekend", I have smoked many years, although a year and a half ago I have left it and have eaten many times what I wanted.I know, if I had debuted now you catch you with more head, but adolescence (and youth, hehe) is very hard as normal, because if diabetic ...... so I suppose that one day it will spend an invoice ..... I hope that later that soon.
Well, what was said, thank you very much for being so friendly with me, I will continue to soak up in the forum and in what I can help you put a trick, hehe.
Thank you!!!!

marilagu's profile photo
marilagu
09/30/2010 6:38 p.m.

UF, Marilagu, those insulins are infumable.It is not surprising that you do not get good control.
For me they are out ofnight, they force rigid schedules and are a horror.
Go to your endocrine and paute a basal, Lantus or Levemir type, combined with ultra -grape at meals.It is some more puncture, but the difference is brutal.
If you don't want, change endocrine.It is my opinion.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/30/2010 6:50 p.m.

Hi Marilagu:
I also work in the hospital and used mixed insulins and of course !!With the changes of the schedule and others it was a madness of hypos and hyper.
They changed me to a 24 -hour and the rapid at meals and, although my last glyc is fatal, I have noticed improvements because it is true that the 24 hours (I carry the lantus) if I put it every day toThe same time but I quickly put it when I'm going to eat and that is a maraavilla in terms of schedules (I also like a few days at 4 and others at 1).
So I'm with Alea, ask your endocrine.
Greetings!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
10/01/2010 6:36 a.m.

Helloaaaa,
I have shift work, and TB as at different times, use Lantus and Novorapid at meals, and for now great
Marilagu, go to the endocrine and change the treatment, you will see how improvements
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/01/2010 8:02 a.m.

Hello !!
I've been reading for a while and I encourage you to write to you.
Hello, I am also new, and I don't know how this works.I am a diabetic since I was 11 years old and I have 44, I have many complications and now they will put a bomb, which I already have at home to practice with it.I hope we get along "well" and that I can control better, because I also have a gravis miatenia and I have to take 7.5 mg daily cortisone and I am quite uncontrolled.Well, I'll tell you how I am doing.A hug to everyone.

ccloti's profile photo
ccloti
10/02/2010 12:48 p.m.

Hi, Ccloti.

I regret the complications, but you will see how, as soon as you have good control, you brake everything.
The pump is great.My daughter carries her, and many more foreros, so do not hesitate to ask everything that worries you, that we will give you a hand.
Stop for the pump section and so you get familiar with them.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2010 6:11 p.m.

Welcome, Marilagu and Ccloti.

Marilagu, I also believe that those insulins are a horror.We use them after the debut and at that time (not one year) my daughter suffered 2 serious hypoglycemia, apart from the hunting of schedules we had.Fortunately that happened, now with the bomb and previously with Lantus and Novorrapid, the day to day becomes much more bearable and of course the control much better.

Ccloti, as Alea tells you, the bomb will help you be more stable.

Here we are for what you need.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/03/2010 6:08 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Marigalu, I also work in shifts almost always at night, but diabetes try not to get out of control, you should change to a basal, it is much easier to control diabetes also if you change your often.In my work I have a little advantage because I can sit whenever I want, I always have food at my disposal and the glucometer always by hand.Even if you change you always try to make 5 meals a day.
Welcome we are for what you need.

david29's profile photo
david29
10/04/2010 11:25 a.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.