DIARRHEA

IMADIS's profile photo   10/04/2010 3:45 p.m.

Hello, I have just been with type 1 diabetes for a few months and well I take it, a few days better than others.
The fact is that I have started worrying because I am going on liquid diarrhea, I am tired and apatural.I do not know if it is normal, if it is for the nerves and especially as I have to act with the diet or insulin.
I remember that in the hospital they told me something about diarrhea, but I would be so nervous that I don't remember now.
PORFA SOMEONE CAN I INDICATE WHAT I HAVE TO DO?
Thank you very much in advance.

José

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
10/04/2010 3:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first thing is not to stop putting insulin ... but you get insulin you can get into cetosis situation, and this situation is something more dangerous.So it will have to do some ketone test (in urine or with the glycometer of the Abbott brand that measures ketones).

The following is to ingest many liquids, in situations of diarrhea and hyperglycemia dehydration can be important.

Do not stop eating carbohydrates (pures, semi -semi, rice, bread, cookies ... simple things)
enough controls must be done .... minimum every 4-5 hours ... In complicated situations the body reacts using the glucose that has stored so hyperglycemia is easy for it to appear ... I correct every time you need it, but withBe careful, don't have great control claims during those days.

If the situation does not improve in 2-3 days with normal antidiarrheal treatment, go to the doctor

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/04/2010 4:34 p.m.

I agree with Owash.

When my daughter has diarrhea, I usually give her normal cocacola, with sugar (it is good for intestinal disorders) also the lemon juice or isotonic drinks are also very good, because they replenish, not only the liquids, but the salts that are lost.

Don't be afraid to drink things with sugar if there is diarrhea.Put on the necessary insulin and that's it, because with it you avoid the dangerous ketosis.

DiabetesForo
10/04/2010 5:37 p.m.

Thank you very much for the fast answer, I will take note.
Today I feel better, the blood glucose controls are good, we will see how today is going.

Sldos.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
10/05/2010 2:10 a.m.

Rice water is good to cut diarrhea, boil the rice strain the starchy water that comes out and drink it Duante the day. This gave us my little grandmother and helped a lot, of course, at that time I still had no diabetes.
Try to see if it gives you results, that if you check your glycemia followed every two hours as much as possible.
When we are Malillos you have to get more often.
luck

DiabetesForo
08/19/2015 3:23 p.m.

Even if you have vomiting and does not eat, the slow one must always put it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/19/2015 7:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.