{'en': 'Defective bolis', 'es': 'Bolis defectuosos'} Image

Defective bolis

anabeg's profile photo   10/05/2010 7:44 p.m.

Hello,

Tonight, when I came to work, something happened to me that had never happened to me.

When I'm on duty at night, I usually have dinner at work.

Well, at ten o'clock I went to dinner and, to my surprise, I discovered that the insulin pen was broken;Insulin came out.

At work, I only have the glucagon, so I applied 2 insulin units, I had dinner normally and, at 2 hours, my glucose level was 176.

Insulin had no effect.

Now, for breakfast, I don't know what to do;What I will do will wait for breakfast at home when I leave.

Has the insulin pen?

As of tomorrow, I will bring spare parts to have here at work.

Yesterday, at eating, the pen was fine.

What could have happened is that I hit the job bag where I keep the pen and have broken.

It happened to me with the novorapid, but what if it happens with the Lantus?

I can pass without putting the quick, but the Lantus is mandatory, right?

Greetings!!!

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/05/2010 7:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sometimes I have seen broken bolis ... normally because of the piston (the orange plastic piece inside the ball, in the case of novorapid, and that presses the insulin to fall).
It can go through the needle placed in the ball.

I insulin happened to me when I used needles of the worst class (Insupe) ... the insulin shot down all sides except the needle chimney: shock: ... at the second time it happened to meI didn't use them again ... and since then a problem.

From my point of view it is better to always have rapid bolis than of Lantus ... it is better to have of the 2, obvious ... but if I had to choose I would always stay with rapid bolis.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/06/2010 2:43 a.m.

There is no novorapid box in which a defective ball does not come to me !!
Or when I take the cap soaked with insulin or when you take the 3 units before clicking, nothing comes out ......
At the order of the day !!!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
10/06/2010 5:42 a.m.

It happened to me that I see that the transparent pen zone that shows the insulin cartridge is wet.But it happened to me a 2 or 3 times, no more.
But from what you say, it is more frequent than the issue of defective bowls thought.I usually think that many bad figures I have are for errors in the dose of the pen.Someone commented in this forum one day the error percentages in the feathers, and scare a little.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/06/2010 6:28 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

What I have noticed with respect to the pump is that it is not the same 2 correction units put with pump (greater effect), than with boli (minor).In fact, people who use bomb put less amount, now no idea of ​​the margin of error ...
With respect to the malfunction of the bolis, in the time I used them a couple of times the mechanism failure happened to us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/06/2010 6:40 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Thanks for the answers, Owash I leave the needle on me, I have been doing it for some time, and it is the brand InsUPen, I am already calmer with the answers, it is that I have spent night, as it was the first time I spent me, becauseI have already been nervous, now I will have to call to take time and that I recipe for insulin, on Monday I go on vacation and seen what I have seen I want to take replacement.
Greetings,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/06/2010 10:38 a.m.

What happened to Gondurulo once.
Angel also leaves the needle on the pen when it comes out ...
Have you downloaded 1 unit and then 2? ... is it supposed to be double ... but it doesn't seem five times more ... 1 or none is the same: shock:

DiabetesForo
10/06/2010 10:47 a.m.

Anabeg, don't use those needles, give them BD, which are much better.
My daughter also leaves the needle put for the whole day ... she is more comfortable, but she doesn't usually have problems with Humalog feathers.The Lantus puts it with syringe, (my maniah ..), but you secure the dose.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/06/2010 11:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

This is a very important issue.

If the needle is left, air is entering the body of the pen with the danger of bubbles and worse dosage.

You have to put the pen of the pen so that it does not give the light to insulin, it can be spoiled.

A Humalog link, which is worth the same for any insulin (in Word):
- Link

Risks related to the reuse of needles ... The second photo is an extension to the microscope of how a reused needle is:

Another simpler link:

DiabetesForo
10/06/2010 12:35 p.m.

Jo, Owash ... I leave the needle there ... uf.It's okay to know, I'm going to be more careful.

Anabeg, I am with Regina: the BD work very well, although it happened to me once one thing that I do not know if it will have happened to someone else: a needle without hole.Incredible, but true.I came to look at her with a magnifying glass and I swear that I had no exit hole, simply and plain.He tried to purge 2u and could not even lower the plunger, because there was a lot of pressure, hehe.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
10/06/2010 5:16 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
Owash thanks for contributing the links, now I take a look
In the ambulatory I think they only insauce, on Friday I will ask, in summer I played a substitute as a nurse, and he told me to reuse the needles, and I listened to him, that's why I left her on the ball, I have passed todayTo reuse, for each puncture a pen, the errors are learned, today I already brought my spare parts, I leave them at the box office, yesterday's error was that it ceases hydrates, but of course I did not know if the insulin was going to take effect,And I had nothing else to have dinner, from there I got so up, then I threw me all night without taking anything, that hurry
Greetings,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/06/2010 5:42 p.m.

Hi, I wanted to ask if someone has had the following problem with a Humalog Junior pen.After starting it, it can be seen when looking at it in the backward impurities floating.Thank you.

María17's profile photo
María17
02/16/2024 1:26 p.m.

María17 said:
Hi wanted to ask if someone has had the following problem with a humalog junior pen.After starting it, it can be seen when looking at it in the backward impurities floating.Thank you.

I see those impurities when I leave the pen out of the fridge for many days.It seems as if the hormone made lumps.When this happens the needle gets stuck and does not leave insulin no matter how much you squeeze, but I do not usually change the needle every time I put insulin but I take advantage of it until it hurts when clicking.
I know I should change it in each puncture, but I have been doing so for 30 years and nothing has never happened to me.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/16/2024 1:58 p.m.

Thank you for answering, it happened to me with several pen, whether I keep them in a fridge and if I have them at room temperature.

María17's profile photo
María17
02/17/2024 11:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.