I start swimming.

Quim's profile photo   10/11/2010 7:51 a.m.

Hello companions.
As I say after 6 months that I have been insulin independent again, the sport I did before.
I only do 1 swimming time 2 times a week, I know it's little but it is ... I am very gandul and I don't like to get tired ;-) but something is something right? ...

The truth was that I was afraid and I am still a bit since I think it will give me a descent without realizing it and I will swim down ...

The slogan of my dietitian was - since you swim at 19.45h tomato to snack 17.15h A fruit yogurt and 40g of bread - something that I do.

Last Tuesday I made my first session.I measure me before session 145 and then 82 because I think these values ​​are fantastic.
Thursday - before session 135 after 51.

When visualizing the number 51 in the locker room I thought ... -What do I have to do?What do I do to the ground and faint?(Excuse my black humor) - The minimum I had has been 69.
I took a glusport (glucose pill) and then traced.
Although I quit as always before going to bed was very low (the 2 days about 75) I solved it by drinking cookies with milk.

And after winding like a blind .... the question is, do you think I'm doing well?
Thank you very much for helping me and hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/11/2010 7:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think you should have a faster hydrates rations ... and take some fast hyperglycemic just before starting swimming, juice or something similar.And, if you are still at those levels after dinner, Inyéct yourself less insulin units for dinner;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/11/2010 8:36 a.m.

First, congratulate you for your initiative.Sport is something fundamental for diabetic, since it is much more effective than antidiabetics to reduce insulin resistance.

Aerobic sport is adequate, although if you are afraid of swimming you can try other things.

The day you have swimming can be good to take pasta or rice (slow absorption hydrates) and perhaps before sport a very light snack.

In any case, it is important that any sport be done with a correct technical execution and with properly trained professionals ("sport is good ... if it is done well").Incorrect sports gestures could suppose problems at the osteomsucular level.

Ascend well that you are in the hands of qualified personnel and I reiterate to congratulate you for your initiative.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 3:45 p.m.

Quim, it is important to introduce carbohydrates both before exercising and later.

For the figures you aim are a bit fair to exercise ...
In my opinion, you should "point" to 175-200 ...
1 swimming time is enough and that 51, the day you increase the intensity, will become even lower hypoglycemia.

Simply with 1 cookie (nothing more) that you eat half an hour before exercise, it goes from the 135-145 to the 160-170 ... with which you have a somewhat greater margin of security.
In addition, the cookie is medium absorption so it will serve you longer ...

Muscles continue to consume glucose for many hours after exercise, although we don't realize ...
It is important that at dinner 1 ration of carbohydrates to what you used to have dinner ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/12/2010 4:26 a.m.

I was going to say things, but Owash's last intervention is very worse.So serve on foot together.

Swimming is an intense sport, therefore, you will consume enough glucose.That leads us to another conclusion;You must start from a high security figure.To get to that figure, you should have had some slow absorption in advance, minimum half an hour (cookies or cereal bars hero samples are very good because they provide slow energy).And very important to watch after the sport, because you will continue to consume a lot of glucose.Swimming mobilizes large upper and lower muscle groups, so the glycogen recharge of all these muscles will take many hours after finishing your session, which forces on the one hand, dinner more, and on the other, put less insulin.Check your post-nation personal situation and adjust both dinner intake and later insulin until you find your point.

PS: Always lead Glucosport to the pool.But if you have downturn, keep in mind that the new glucosport pills (Las Redondas) are only 2.5 instead of 5 g.Therefore, before a hip, it is advisable to take a minimum of two pills.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/14/2010 5:47 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thank you very much for your help.The truth is that I will take the recommendations very seriously.
In addition to taking the 40 grams sandwich and the fruit yogurt 2 hours before exercise in the costumes when I measure me I will take a pair of cookies.
For the period pos sports ... dinner more sincerely is that I do not enter, it is hard for me to eat everything the dietitian tells me even my wife scolds me because she says that as little.What I will do is that I will go down doses of the novorapid.Seeing the results I give when I do pool instead of 4 doses I will put myself 2.
Thank you very much again for everything, companions :-)
HUGS.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/14/2010 10:02 a.m.

Quim, nothing to add to what Owash and Gondrullo have written to you.: D ... You'll see how good the exercise comes ... Ah and surely you get hungry, that the bath is what it has ...: D

My daughter begins this next week with swimming.2 days, Monday and Wednesday, but at 4 in the afternoon.We will see how we adjust the insulin, because it looks that it has touched a bad hour ... of course it will be measured before entering, after leaving, I will lower the insulin of the food in half and those days I will try to give it slow absorption hydrates (pasta or vegetable).And of course I will get basal until a few hours later, that the exercise is what it has, yesterday it came out with the bike and the scooter, during the afternoon it came 3 times to eat because it was low (3 times it was measured and had between 60 and70) and 3 times it took the same, 1/2 juice and 1 ration of bread with oil and for dinner I put 4 units instead of 6.5 that I usually put.:-/ .. I will tell you how the experience ... of course I would have preferred another hour in which I had no active sulina ... but you can't choose.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/15/2010 5:03 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone
I will take advantage of this post to make a consultation, I just started an activity called Streching (soft muscle stretching) Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.I do not punctuate, I take 2 Dianben and 3 Prandin a day.
At the moment I have been the first day before I started 190 and at the end I had 68, the next at the beginning I had 165 and took some cereal bars and at the end of 160. You think it is better to take the bar before or after the exercise.
Thank you

esoja22's profile photo
esoja22
10/21/2010 8:40 a.m.

I was just yesterday with my endocrine and tell him the case of descent.
His slogans have been.
- Delay the time of the snack.Commit the 40g of bread and the yogurt 1 hour before starting and if you are very just before the year commits a pair of cookies.
- The day of exercise put on a less insulin dose at night and if you are still very low the next day, put 2 less (I usually put me at night 4)
I am not being able to help you more since I only have to follow the guidelines of my doctor.
Hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/21/2010 10:01 a.m.

Hello everyone
I will take advantage of this post to make a consultation, I just started an activity called Streching (soft muscle stretching) Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.I do not punctuate, I take 2 Dianben and 3 Prandin a day.
At the moment I have been the first day before I started 190 and at the end I had 68, the next at the beginning I had 165 and took some cereal bars and at the end of 160. You think it is better to take the bar before or after the exercise.
Thanks

In your case, being type 2 I would take something sugary before starting telling glycemia with 180190 I don't think you need anything.

The bars you mention usually need a lot of time to metabolize them, I assumed that for the exercise they do not serve you but they can be useful for later.

DiabetesForo
10/21/2010 4:55 p.m.

I was just yesterday with my endocrine and comment on the case of descent.
His slogans have been.
- Delay the time of the snack.Commit the 40g of bread and the yogurt 1 hour before starting and if you are very just before the year commits a pair of cookies.
- The day of exercise put on a less insulin dose at night and if you are still very low the next day, put 2 less (I usually put me at night 4)
I am not being able to help you more since I only have to follow the guidelines of my doctor.
Hugs.

It doesn't matter that you click 1 Unit less than you eat 1 more than hydrates ... In my opinion it is better to provide hydrates than reduce insulin.
If you control the amounts you should not have problems.
Unless you want to lose weight, you should not reduce the number of calories.

DiabetesForo
10/21/2010 4:58 p.m.

We have been swimming for 3 days and I am absolutely desperate ... the first day was to register, during the good control and then somewhat higher, but within the reasonable, but the other two days has been disastrous .... all afternoonWith more than 300 and then a drop in 20 minutes from 300 to 95: Shock :, due to the corrections we had made, come on, like absolute newbies ....
I know what blames this is the schedule, since Angela puts the insulin with dual bolus, and that square part, now I am not putting it, if I put more normal lion to the song, like the first day, thanAt 4.30 a shake had to be taken, and if I put less it is put in 270 at 4.30 as it happened yesterday ...
I was considering stopping it, yesterday I thought it was not going to be frustrating for her because she was not very convinced, but look where, yesterday she has been saying that in great swimming, that she liked the activity: Shock: ...::-/ I am what to do, but seeing those figures in the gluco does not make me a hint of grace, apart from the anger that I grab, of course ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2010 5:12 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

You have to suspend the dual bowling and leave insulin in simple bolus the days that has swimming.
I don't know, you'll have to try to see.

But I think you shouldn't leave swimming, especially if you like it.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/26/2010 9:19 a.m.

Hi Velia.
Well, the truth if your daughter makes swimming exciting by all the means that you can do, surely this is not the first time you have difficulties, it is sure to compare to other situations a minutia.Unfortunately I can't help you much because I have very little experience but I think it is important that the baby does everything any child.
I have been going for 1 week because I had the bad luck that a hook came out in my eye and they recommended not going.Today I return to you.
I encourage velia and hugs to all.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/26/2010 10:39 a.m.

Velia, if she likes it, do not take it off, that the frustration is left inside ... and is worse.If it was a stronger sport, I would tell you that (Raquel the Judo was going fatal, it ended very high and low, so directly took it out. I changed it to the ballet, and that was superbien).
Low intensity swimming can do very well, if not competition.Keep adjusting that you will already find the key ... Kisses: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/26/2010 11:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Owash, thanks for answering.
What I am doing is taking the bar before starting and Momne seems to

esoja22's profile photo
esoja22
10/26/2010 3:12 p.m.

Hello, something similar happens to my daughter that Velia's daughter only with artistic skating, when she skates most of the days, I don't know if not success with hydrates or not successful with insulin, there are days that starts skating in 200 and at half an hour it is in 100 and others start in 200 and ends in 300 and peak, the Saturdays that also skates that does not happen to us, it is better controlled.We have the insulin pump at home, Roche's combo, this month we put it on, I hope it helps us control the exercise, although I do not know if in artistic skating the best option will be to disconnect the pump.
All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
10/26/2010 4:02 p.m.

Velia give time .... the changes are complicated to assimilate, the body takes to get used to the changes.
I agree with Alea, suppress dual and square bowling ... Go to the simple, control all the variables one by one and discard the problems.

I always think that social/psychological benefits are more valuable than physicists.

DiabetesForo
10/26/2010 4:44 p.m.

Thank you very much: d
I already commented in the post that when I go to swim I do not put the dual, only the normal.But of course I can't put everything in normal, because we have a low song.I have not won a single day.I will tell you how today:-/
I also think that it is important that I do not feel that diabetes limits it so much, so we strive so much about it, what happens is that when the glycemic result is more or less acceptable, well, but when it is so disastrous it is frustrating and demoralizing, especially for me .... I promise to be patient: o
:either

ESOJA, I'm glad I worked.: D

Anabel, with the bomb you will do well, s eguro.You will have to be patient, to adjust everything, but it will be a very positive change.Angela has spent a couple of years in skating, one year went from 4 to 5 and another from 5 to 6, and has not had major problems.The pump advantage is that you can program temporary basal or different basal patterns depending on the activity you will do.You do not have to disconnect it, the basal insulin is needed, unless you are in hypoglycemia, what you can is to put a lower basal, extend the Bolus so that it does not have a lot of active insulin, etc .... ... there are many possibilities.Already when they connect it, and if we can help, then delighted .... the issue of swimming is another story, because the pump has to be removed and that is why I cannot provide insulin as it should.

That said, thank you all and I promise to continue informing.: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2010 5:46 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.