Insulin allergy felt?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/12/2010 12:57 p.m.

As most of you know my son, habones or ranches come out in quite large skin, (unknown origin).This morning, the lantus came out a small ranch but now that it is almost six o'clock and with an antihistamine taken at the time of the food, it has it huge.Could you think that it can be an insulin allergy?What symptoms does this type of allergies have?Anyone passed through this or for something similar?I don't know what to think:?:?: ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/12/2010 12:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think I remember that someone like this happened to someone with an insulin ... It is best to talk to their endocrine and advise you.The same testing with another kind of insulin stops getting out ranches.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/12/2010 1:39 p.m.

With the first insulins, prevented from animals such as pig and cow, allergies were more frequent ...
Right now, NPH is the insulin that can have the most problems.

Reading the insulin prospect, you must put something similar to this:

You can experience reactions in the injection place (for example, redness), especially intense pain when injecting, itching, hives, swelling or inflammation).These reactions can also extend around the injection place.Most of the slight reactions to insulin are usually resolved in a few days or in a few weeks.

The rare adverse effects (experienced in more than 1 in 1000 but in less than 1 in 100 patients) are systemic allergic reactions (throughout the body).These are less frequent but more serious;They consist of a generalized allergy to insulin that could cause eruption (including itching) throughout the body, respiratory distress, wheezing, lower blood pressure, fast pulse, or sweat.Serious cases of generalized reactions that include anaphylactic reaction, could have a fatal outcome.

It may have developed an allergy to insulin and created antibodies for insulin but you would have realized because you would need much more insulin than the one you carried ... basically it is like the insulin resistance of type 2.
It may also have latex allergy ...

As Jordi says, changing insulin can solve the problem.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2010 1:52 p.m.

Hi Paz:
I used to let him go for a while until he started allergy.
I punctured me and at 2 minutes I got a very large ranch (similar to when a good mosquito pikes you).
I varied in the areas in case it was lipodystrophy and the same ronchones came out.
They lasted a few hours but then disappeared.
I told Endo and the educator (they did not believe me and I had to click in front of them and when they saw it they changed my insulin).
Until today it has not happened to me again.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
10/13/2010 5:29 a.m.

Hello,

I already told you that I have a similar allergy.They also thought at first that it was the same of the impluine, but it wasn't that.First because I had no resistance to the impluine and then because they did the tests and no, I did not have.Also, occasionally, I got red ranches where I punctured the insulin, especially the lantus (now with the pump no), but it passed quickly.

The worst feel for me for allergy is stress, non -steroidal anti -inflammatory (look at if it also happens to your child), eat badly and alcohol.And the solution, antihistaminic, and in strong corticosteroid outbreaks, but I feel like a shot for diabetes and greatly affects my mood because there are days that do not fall from 300 or 400 sugar (the last time I had to double thedose of insulin) CORICOIDS They take away my allergy for a month or more, but return.

The aloe that I tell you if it has done well, to see if I look at the brand and the name and tell you, I have not taken the allergy but I think I have less

tica's profile photo
tica
10/13/2010 7:35 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

So do I have to understand that it will not be to insulin? ... precisely Angel gets less units for some time, sometimes he doesn't need for breakfast since later the lanus peak and last night, almost three hours after dinnerHe put 2 fast units (with 160) because he did not upload: shock: at dawn 50 :?I didn't have to have put it.These ranches not only come out where it puts insulin but also in the rest of the body: Twisted:

DiabetesForo
10/13/2010 8:52 a.m.

I do not think it is allergy ... but it is better to value the doctor and do the appropriate tests.
What if you go to Levemir?

Regarding the hypo you comment ... Well, you never know, you don't put the 2 units the same and dawns the next day with 250 :?
With 16 years and apogee hormones it is difficult to achieve stability and normalized guidelines

DiabetesForo
10/13/2010 9:57 a.m.

Well, when you take unapharmacy, whatever the administration route also administering excipient, which can sometimes be the cause of side effects.It is not an excessively frequent but relatively frequent problem.

Here I leave you the list of excipients of some insulins:

Lantus insulin:

Zinc chloride,

M-Cresol,

glycerol,

hydrochloric acid,

sodium hydroxide,

Water for injectable preparations.

Levemir:

Glycerol

Phenol

Metacresol

Zinc acetate

Dysodic phosphate dihydrate

Sodium chloride

Hydrochloric acid (for pH adjustment)

Sodium hydroxide (for pH adjustment)

Water for injectable preparations

Well, I don't follow that I would occupy this too much, almost all carry zinc, that could cause skin reactions, but as you can see it also has other excipients (you can look at them in www.vademecum.es <!

Check the topic with your doctor, in any case trying another type of insulin can be an option.

Greetings and that solutions soon, the things of the children become more important than those of oneself.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/13/2010 3:50 p.m.

Hello, my daughter has left habons but only in the legs, with a lotbites since the cream that we give it is either relieved and it has been with it for several days and goes to more.Do you think it can be of insulin?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/10/2015 7:19 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares so you comment if it seems an allergy or urticaria (although it does not have to be insulin).Surely you will have to take antihistaminicos, take the doctor to see what she tells you.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/10/2015 9:22 p.m.

Hello!I am like this since January, they come out of my body, I told the allergolo and laughed in my face telling me that I did not do the tests because it was an attack.Well, the case is the only solution they have given me is to put a vaccine every month to go to the hospital because in the health centers they do not put them.Before putting it, the corticosteroids and antiestamines were put in injection and the next day I had the same again and did not know how to investigate that.I hope you have more luck than me.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
08/10/2015 10:50 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Thank you very much, we go to the hospital, to see if we are lucky and serve us as it touches.I already tell you ....

RocioLlinares
08/10/2015 11:37 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello, Inday, in principle you were right, it seems that it is an urticaria produced by the bite of an insect, although they do not rule out anything.Atarax and see how it evolves in a few days.
Belefe74, the truth was that we were very lucky, they attended us great.They were with her two pediatricians, valuing all the possibilities, they even apologized for the delay ....... I hope that better and find the reason for your discomfort, if my daughter with three days has been horrible, yours must bemaddening...

RocioLlinares
08/12/2015 8:41 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares What is you daughter?Hopefully the medication has a quick effect and the itching sends.I have also had urticaria and the truth is that you can get quite badly ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/13/2015 7:10 p.m.

Hello Inday !!!!, it is better, the hives have decreased, but they continue to leave habons on your legs.Yesterday we returned to their pediatrician, now they have ruled out the bite and are inclined to intolerance, it is necessary to know what, for the moment the treatment has changed and to wait and try to find out the reason.Thank you so much!!!

RocioLlinares
08/14/2015 10:03 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.