New firefighter on board !!!!!!!

xiquillo71's profile photo   10/14/2010 9:47 a.m.

Goodsss, yesterday I was finally connected, it is the ACCU-Chek Spirit Combo, initially everything was better than I expected, all day it did not pass from 140, even at 3 in the morning I was still in good values,But I got up with 177, I corrected with the bowling calculator and back to normal, 108 ... 75 ... and to follow this path, for now I will not touch the basal until I go on Monday to the doctorI prefer that it is the one who guides me.Well I have simply entered to tell you that I am already one more from the Fire Club, I will consider my doubts that surely a lot will come out, greetings to all and even another little time ..........

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
10/14/2010 9:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Congratulations Xiquillo !!!
How was the change? Do you use the same fast insulin?And when sleeping with the bomb ... how are you ???
I hope everything goes very well from now on, you'll see how.;)

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/14/2010 11:13 a.m.

Congratulations, Xiquillo, and with doubts, you know, shoot.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/14/2010 12:25 p.m.

Welcome to the club ...: D, you're not going to regret it ...

Ask everything you can think of, here we are already with a little experience ....: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
10/14/2010 12:40 p.m.

Thank you all for your support, thanks to this forum I made the decision to move on to the bomb, since I did not know the subject almost completely and here I found all the information that the endocrine had never given me: ((. I think I get used toThe bomb is not going to cost me too much, I still move a bit weird, and very carefully :)) (so that it does not break: d) but I have slept well, and for the day there are even times when I forget that theI carry.If I take a few kilos that will not come badly;)
What I do not control much is that H.C.They are faster absorption and which slower, if someone can give me a hand (I already warned you that now the bombardment of questions began :))) come, good night to all, I wait for your answers ...............

xiquillo71
10/14/2010 5:18 p.m.

Congratulations Xiquillo !!!Welcome to the Firefighters Club ... I'm sure you won't regret it ...
There are many tiles of glycemic ínces on the Internet.Under this text (I could not put the link because it takes a long time to load the page), you have a link with a table, more or less all are similar.

carbohydrates: the different types

We should know the different types of carbohydrates, fast and slow, since according to their glycemic index they will be more convenient or less.

60% of the calories we consume must come from foods rich in carbohydrates, but it is necessary to recognize the different types.

The first concept that we have to understand is the existence of slow and fast absorption carbohydrates (complex and simple, respectively), the difference between them lies in the speed of absorption in our body, that is, the time that passesSince we take them until they are used, this depends on their glycemic index (the speed with which they raise blood glycemia)

Its essential function is to provide energy to the organism (in the form of glucose), an energy that we compare it with that produced by proteins or fats is clean by not leaving almost waste in the body.This energy is of vital importance for the nervous system and the brain, whose cells need a balanced glucose contribution daily.
How carbohydrates act

Glucose or blood glycemia values ​​must remain within limits;When we surpass them, the pancreas secrets a hormone called insulin, whose function is to transport blood sugar to the cells.
If insulin secretion increases abruptly, due to the consumption of rapid or high glycemic absorption carbohydrates, the cells receive more glucose than necessary causing an excess of energy that ends up storing in the liver in the form of glycogen, substance to be used whenGlucose levels are complete.Once the glycogen reserve is complete, the excess is transformed into fat.

Subsequently, it can lead to a low blood glucose drop, as well as a sudden feeling of hunger and fatigue, which causes the need to ingest simple sugars again ... creating an addiction that only leads us to weight gain.
On the contrary, complex carbohydrate foods should be 80% of the total we consume daily because their assimilation does not cause these ups and downs.This is due to its slow digestion, glucose is slowly absorbed, and insulin secretion is gradual.In this case, the cells do not have to deal with "surpluses", so they absorb glucose as they need it.
Types of carbohydrates

Carbohydrates are composed of sugars, perono everyone has in their composition the same varieties.As we have mentioned, carbohydrates are classified as simple or of anxious and complex absorption or slow absorption.

* Fast absorption carbohydrates: are formed by glucose, fructose or dextrose: honey, sugar, fruit juices, refined flours and their derivatives, such as sweets, bread, etc.and also the entire fruits with their fiber.
* Slow absorption carbohydrates: They are formed by more complex molecules, than to be absorbed by our body must be digested by stomach and intestine before being absorbed as simple sugars.In this group are starch, glycogen, cellulose: whole grains, legumes, vegetables and some fruits such as red fruits, strawberries or cherries.In general, the absorption speed depends on the fiber or fat content and the manipulation it has received, the more refined, the higher the is the higherThe glycemic index of a food.

The most advisable carbohydrates

* Integral rice: The rice grain is covered by a shell rich in protein, vitamins and minerals (magnesium, phosphorus and selenium) being a product that is not refined retains its nutritional power and provides carbohydrates that are easily digested and releasedenergy slowly.Within the different types of grains, the long -grain and basmati rice are absorbed more slowly than those of short grain (greater tendency to stick and get rid of)
* Biological integral bread: made with mother's yeast and integral flour resists several days without getting hard while digesting better.It is rich in group B vitamins and germ own.
* Chickpeas: This legume stands out from the rest for its low absorption speed, is recommended for those who make great physical efforts or are in an age of development.19% of its weight corresponds to the protein content while they are rich in minerals and vitamins of group B.
* Strawberries, cherries: its low sugar content corresponds to the levulosa, which is very slowly assimilated.It is rich in iron, antioxidant vitamins and group B. Its consumption is recommended in detoxification diets, diabetes and children.Preferably they must be eaten alone and on an empty stomach or as a snack, they also usually season salads or serve as dessert.

María Suriguez

Bachelor of Food Science and Technology.Postgraduate in Nutrition and Dietetics

This is the glycemic index link.

Link ... UC%E9mic >

I hope it serves you .... greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/15/2010 5:55 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

helloaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!Today a week has been completed since the bomb put myself, and for the moment the truth is that I have been great: D, glycemias like these I had not seen them in life: Mrgreen :, On two occasions that I have reached 200 when I reviewedI have later seen bubbles, I have laid, I have corrected and back to normal. Hypoglycemia have also had few, and I have also traced practically without eating just H.C.As you do to detect bubbles well, because they cost me enough to see: oops:, you look very often, on light, dark funds etc. .. is that for now it is the only inconvenience that I see it to the blessed bomb:)).Greetingssssssssssssss

xiquillo71
10/20/2010 11:28 a.m.

Hello xiquillo, phenomenal and still.

All the best!

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
10/22/2010 7:24 a.m.

Xiquillo, congratulations!Next week (on the 3) they put mine (the accu-chek also: p) So you will have a companion of doubts of the same brand ^^

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
10/26/2010 11:41 a.m.

Hi Montrial I am Ana Mother of a 7 -year -old girl with diabetes for one, I think you are from Alcorcon, because I am waiting for them to call me to put the bomb also from the Alcorcon hospital only that they tell me that I have not yet yetThey have available, they told me that in October but the day we are already ... they take me in Pediatria and I think there is still no setting.I am glad to know that there is someone from the Alcorcon hospital with a bomb, so it gives more confidence, so don't forget to tell us how everything is doing.

luciana's profile photo
luciana
10/28/2010 5:43 a.m.

Lucia, 12 años en tratamiento con bomba de insulina desde los 7

Luciana, welcome !!!!
My daughter has been bomb for 5 years and although it is not the panacea, we understand that it is the best treatment we can give, until today ... if you want you can go through the parents of parents, which is in the section "I am looking for someone"... It is not very dynamic, but you can read comments from parents and bombs, since I think everyone or almost everyone has it.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/28/2010 6:50 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Welcome, Luciana.

My daughter has been with diabetes for eight years and with a bomb since January 2009. You will see how the change is huge and for her it is much more comfortable.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/28/2010 noon

Hol to everyone seems great to be able to find children with a bomb because I have a lot of questions, I'm glad to read that it is better treatment and more comfortable for them because it is what I intend, what worries me is that playing in the park orMaking your extracurricular activities, don't you bother your bomb?Have you ever had problems with the catheter?Where do you put the bomb and how do you assure you not to fall?Well, they say that on November 25 they put it on, that they cite me 10 days before to bring the bomb home and familiarize me with it, and that before putting it with insulin, two or three days with serum are put on it.Everything is to improve your quality of life I see you happy and it gives me more confidence a hug

luciana's profile photo
luciana
10/29/2010 8:11 a.m.

Lucia, 12 años en tratamiento con bomba de insulina desde los 7

Hi Luciana,

I cannot advise you or tell you about pediatrics because they already take me in adults, but as far as I know, in adults they are offering it a lot and many are encouraged.I am sure that it is a good method and well, even if it is not firsthand, I also thought it was going to be a roll to take it but now I think it is quite easy, and nobody better than Velia or Alea to corroborate it.Anyway, I promise to count.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
10/31/2010 4:53 p.m.

Hi Luciana.It is logical that you have a thousand questions.Taking the pump will get used to it very fast.Molesar should not bother, because Angela never complains.He has not been hooked more than a couple of times or 3 in all this time, for carrying the cable out.Last summer we had a bad time with the catheter on the beach.The theme was solved by changing them for another type, the oblique ones.
Nor has he had any setback in the park, or playing sports, bike, skates, street games, ed.Physics, pool.It doesn't bother her to sleep, she leaves her loose in bed.
Angela carries the pump on the external or upper part of the buttock and hangs it from the pants or skirt belt.He carries it with the case, although it also has a clamp.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/01/2010 12:18 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.