The patient defender denounces ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/14/2010 10:12 a.m.

Link ... 04311.html >>>

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/14/2010 10:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We should do it all regional federations.I have already contacted Extremadura to inform me of this issue, which I fear is general throughout Spain.In Euskadi we have a serious problem with that famous absurd rationing of the strips, when they suppose a very small percentage of the global diabetes spending.Under alleged arguments of misuse by type 2 patients, we are seriously harmed by type I establishing absurd distribution criteria based on past fashionable generalities and incompatible with the protocols and control standards of any diabetic patient today.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/14/2010 12:05 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Gondurulo, how many glycosylated hemoglobins have been made in the Basque Country in 2009?
In the Valencian Community, in primary care it is assumed that 53000 registered were made: shock: ...... a nonsense.

If we go to the figures, as you point out, the thing is indefensible for politicches ...
Daily bed cost, low labor costs, complications costs etc.

For me, the problem is not the number of strips a day.
The problem is diabetological education.
The majority of type 2 do not have a diabetological education and many of them the information given by the glucometer is useless: they do not modify the treatment or communicate them to the doctor/nurse ...

Rationing reactive strips is barbarity and disproportion.
But, giving reactive strips without a basic diabetological education, without being used to optimize the treatment, without the figures of 2-3 months seeing them by a doctor or nurse ... It is not useful either.

In my opinion, you have to fight because there are educators in trained diabetes and working with patients, with sufficient time and sufficient materials ... the number of reactive strips will come later and with an authentic scientific base where to claim (the economic base we already have it).

DiabetesForo
10/14/2010 4:52 p.m.

I completely agree with everything Owash has pointed out, the truth is that they do not have as shame of the politics on duty, which seems a lot of expendTaxpayers, with their visas that we pay among all, do not seem faces: Evil: more than one of these vomitable characters I would like to see in our skin, begging for reactive strips, they will be children of whoreaaaaaaaaaaa .......

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
10/14/2010 5:33 p.m.

We are paying the consequences of waste in all the senses that have been in healthy during many years ... now they don't even know where to cut.They camouflage him as control but what they do is intimidate patients, I would not be surprised that they are prevailing those who save in this regard (it would not be the first time).If not, it is not explained that some health professionals are supplying 1 boat of 50 strips for a month, to a type 1 that is athlete and needs more determinations, when there is a protocol (good or bad) that it is supposed to be general forThe entire community .... Anyway, a shame.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/15/2010 5:18 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Owash, what you say that type II (some) do not know how to interpret the figures of a meter is true.This is the argument that wields (at least here) medical managers for the rationing of the strips.They say that it is misused by type II, that many accumulate them meaningless, that many others do not know howAnd now everything has it and many do not need it.

and I absolutely give them the reason !!!!!

Peeeeeeero ... Who has given those meters right and left ???THEY!!!!!!So what they have to do is rationalize the consumption of strips.And analyze individually and in an agreed medical-patient what consumption each diabetic needs.Some will need 3 strips a day ... another 9 ... regardless of whether they are type I, II, X, or if they are pregnant, or they are half pensioners.Those parameters that are handled here from x strips a month if it is type I, x if it is II, x if it is pregnant ... are absurd.

To me this theme unnerves me.And year after year, we took it out at our meetings with the Ministry of Health of the Basque Government.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/15/2010 6:16 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

If they had not waste the money of the taxpayers for years and years.
If they had created education protocols for all types of chronic diseases.
If they had trained health professionals in these protocols.
If they had trained patients based on these protocols
If these protocols will be reviewed continuously based on the new scientific discoveries.
Everything would go much better, but for years all politicians have dedicated themselves to living as parasites of others and they are not worried about the possible diseases of voters, and now it may seem that they care but the reality is that they need moneyAnd since they are not going to take it from their salaries or their assignments to parties or concessions to do market studies and analysis that nobody needs, concessions that are usually made to companies related to them or their parties, they are looking at itWhere from the strips, how much they will save with regulating the strips either to type1 or type 2 (sometimes it gives the impression that they seek confrontation between them, if a type2 accumulates strips is because someone gives them, then orThe one who gives them does not have enough formation on type2 diabetes and probably no one has bothered to form the patient either).
When Spain won the World Cup, the selection visited the Moncloa, in the published news they said that they allowed each of the Moncloa workers to take 2 guests and that there were 2,000 employees in La Moncloa.
2,000 employees are really needed to do what they do, nothing, be it this president who is now like the one who seems to enter, I do not base my criticism in some acronyms but on all.
Eliminating two or three advisors/advisers of it is not known that, problem of the strips solved.
Lowering the budget allocation to political parties by 10%, we would possibly have a better training of health personnel in action protocols for chronic diseases.
And if we continue to eliminate small sumptuous expenses that the citizen on foot or comeRecipe what can best in the five or ten minutes you can dedicate to us.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
10/15/2010 11:41 a.m.

Great Message from Antoni

I add and insist, since many months ago I wanted to hear in a certain site, that the problem is not the number of strips.
The administration is convenient for this dialectical battle for a minor theme, such as strips.Thus it is not discussed about the real problem that is diabetological education (in the case of diabetes) and that we could extrapolate any other chronic disease.

Without educators and without training, patients are useless, in most cases of type 2.
Luckily, type 1 mostly have had educators and we have access to them.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2010 3:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.