Hello everyone, I'm new

ESTEF's profile photo   10/26/2010 7:41 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I am 27 years old and today two months ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, the truth is that I still have a hard time getting the idea ... At first I was not aware, in the hospital I was strong and the truth is that as they passThe days sometimes I wonder why?I guess it is inevitable to ask that question and worst of all is not to find an answer ....

On 08/27/2010 I will never forget it, that morning I had asked for my vacation day at work, because I had an auto -school exam for the BTP card that I needed for the opposition to the National Police, so I made my exam and thenI directed my head doctor to comment on the symptoms that I was experiencing for 15 days, lately I drank a lotStop, then the last days ate and ate non -stop (I thought it could be anxiety since I had an exam), sometimes I had the blurred vision and also the days I went to run I ended up wanting to vomit (to the latter conclusions I have arrivedThen in the hospital because at that time I did not appreciate them as important).

So, once there the first thing they did was to do the glycemia test and the nurse said 580 "This device is not going well ... I'm going to do another" and gave error, and everything started there, they told me that it would be diabetes andthat I would go to the hospital to enter and control my blood glucose, etc, etc., suddenly everything was new to me and I didn't understand anything (to topOthers ... During that week everything was new, the sugar went up-underbound ...Humalog and now for about 20 days I have only 9u lantus, they tell me that I have entered the period of "honeymoon" in which the pancreas still generates some insulin, until it lasts (.....), theTruth that now the levels are good, to see what the endocrine tells me on day 9.

Well nothing, this is my story, now I just think about it and fight to move forward and look for new goals in life ....
Greetings to everyone !!!

ESTEF's profile photo
ESTEF
10/26/2010 7:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Estef.I have been in this for almost 20 years and those that still have!Head.(I hope so).Well now to take care of yourself, at first it costs a bit, there are many news, many doubts, words that you had never heard before but you will go ahead and learn to control your alone.I feel that you cannot introduce yourself to those oppositions .... in short.
Anything we can help you ask.Salu2.

david29's profile photo
david29
10/26/2010 8:44 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Welcome Estef, we have all felt like this at first but you will see if you have read the forum that can lead a very normal life and say normal because over time click insulin, measure the glucose and count hydrates will become something everyday: Mrgreen:
Here we are here to help you in what we can so do not hesitate to raise everything you can think of ...

A kiss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2010 4:26 a.m.

I encourage you through the hardest, I debut in March, and I can assure you that I no longer see it of the same color.

P.D. Do not make cases of comments made by people on the street, people have no idea of ​​diabetes, just like you did not have it when debuties.
You will see how soon you take the truquillo.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2010 4:31 a.m.

Welcome to the club, Estef.I understand perfectly how you feel, my daughter debuted with 5 years, now she is on her way to the 13th. As they tell you from a distance things are seen in another way.You need learning, and a few new habits.As soon as I spend time everything will become more routine and your life will begin to be normal again.
Here we are for what you need.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2010 5 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome Estef!
I debut in April, I still remain in a honeymoon, and that it lasts ... I take it great from the beginning, I make super normal life, nothing has changed from diabetes, unless I have to put insulin and control the sugar, the rest of all the same, no inconvenience until now, I hope I would not have had diabetes but there is no evil that for good does not come, yesterday I had an educator, and everything great, since I debuted I have lost 9 kilos, and I am taking care of myself as never before, I have beenA super healthy life and exercise, I am delighted
In this forum you will find wonderful people that will help you a lot
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/27/2010 7:40 a.m.

Jolin Anabeg that I am glad to read how you have taken it hehe: P and Estef I understand you perfectly I have debuted 5 months and I still don't believe it: S But Weno, are things.Welcome.

Lury's profile photo
Lury
10/27/2010 5:22 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone: D,

The truth is that everyone at first will have felt like this, everything is new, the words, the information they give you, the habits, etc.etc., so I suppose it will be learning, time and experience that will make me make me to this new situation that we have to live, hehehe ...

A kiss

ESTEF's profile photo
ESTEF
10/29/2010 11:40 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.