I Solidarity Festival "Paula Project" Castro Urdiales

tercer mandamiento's profile photo   07/14/2012 2:26 a.m.

On Saturday, July 28, the I Solidarity Festival "Paula Project" of Castro Urdiales will take place, starting at 7:00 p.m. in the Bullring of Castro Urdiales (Cantabria)

Project Paula is a foundation that tries to fight and raise funds for the investigation of type 1 diabetes mellitus, the toughest and most aggressive diabetes since those affected by it, usually children and adolescents under 18, need controlExhaustive very expensive day to day, also trying to conduct research to seek an improvement in the day to day of its affected since there are very few advances still due to the cuts that have been made in research and health, and why not, continueInvestigating for a future cure, so this festival aims to raise funds for the investigation of this emfer.

The entrance is 7 euros for this foundation and is on sale since a few days ago at: On the Internet at Ticketea.com giving the possibility that who cannot go can buy a row 0 entrance to collaborate for the cause,In Arson Sony by Castro Urdiales as a point of sale, and in different bars of Castro Urdiales ....

It is a great festival since it has the performance of the following bands:

Univers from Barcelona

third commandment of Castro Urdiales

Degeneraos from Extremadura, which already have a long musical trajectory

to Palo Seko , with leftovers known for all, of great musical experience and from Madrid

And as the head of poster def with two , Madrid band that does not need a presentation, because we all know them and we know that they have just released their last album, very interesting by the way.

Thus, if you want to enjoy a night full of adrenaline with all these bands, enjoy a tremendous festival and also to collaborate for a great cause and thus with your entry help these children, we wait for you !!Do not wait for what they tell you, come, enjoy and collaborate !!!

tercer mandamiento's profile photo
tercer mandamiento
07/14/2012 2:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems fantastic to help finance research on diabetes.
But you have to do it rigorously.

Paula Project is a foundation that tries to fight and raise funds for the investigation of type 1 diabetes mellitus, the toughest and most aggressive diabetes since those affected by it, usually children and adolescents under 18,They need a very expensive day -to -day exhaustive control, also trying to conduct research to seek an improvement in the day -to -day life of their affected since there are very few advances still due to the cuts that have been made in research and health, and whyNo, continue investigating for a future cure, so this festival aims to raise funds for the investigation of this emfer.

And this is not rigor.

Type 1 diabetes is no longer exclusive to children and adolescents ... This forum is a sample of many cases where the debut is above the age of majority.

To say that type 1 is "the hardest and most aggressive of diabetes" is to miss the truth ... In Spain 10,000 people die per year for diabetes, most of them because of type 2 diabetes and in the same wayIt happens in complications.

Very few advances?
One thing is that we want all our strength to always have "more and better" ... and another thing is to affirm that.
Insulin has less than 100 years of existence.
Long -term insulins barely exist 15 years ago.
The popularization of glucometers, something that we have as normal today, 15 years ago was an absolute chimera.
The evolution of insulin pumps and continuous meters continues to be done ... slower than what we want?Of course, I would want it for tomorrow.
Nor in the US, Sweden, Japan or Germany have been able to find the response to why the autoimmune mechanism ... and have been seasoned with many years (euros, dollars or yen) investigating this.
In the end.

Finally, I do not doubt at all that the money obtained is fully dedicated to direct research on diabetes.
But it would not be, advertise in the Paula Project blog (by the way, without activity since last year) an explanation and a detail where the funds go, what exactly are they dedicated, who are their receptors (natural persons) andwhat are your results.
Come on, what is usually normal in a collection of funds.
Because money began to the pompous CIPF: Center Research Prince Felipe of Valencia and now it seems that the Valencia Hospital Foundation is going to the foundation of Carlos III Hospital (the news or the BOG does not clarify it):
Link ... 11964.html >>

And in the times that run a foundation in which the main patron (and president) is the Department of Health is afraid.
As much as the Rafael Carmena (Endocrinologist Errito already retired) is directed ... in the lines of research that its website does not appear anywhere the type 1 diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/14/2012 4 a.m.

Let's see, we are a rock band .... We have made a summary for the information they have given us, we do not intend to make a conference on type 1 diabetes mellitus, we surely do not know everything within what it entails, what we intendIt is that the information of this festival reaches the greatest possible people, we are third commandment, and in solidarity with the cause we play at this festival and just want to make it known so that everyone who wants to go;

We did not think to announce a festival from a rock band was going to cause so much controversy ..... We are not the experts to talk about the subject, we simply do the PAULA project to promote the festival ...

So please leave the controversies apart, and do not have a good cause, if you want to know more about Paula project, search them on the Internet and contact them and they will inform you of what they do.

thank you

tercer mandamiento
07/14/2012 6:29 a.m.

The first apologize if I have offended you in something.

I repeat that it seems fantastic to support diabetes research.

That there is someone to be offered for a solidarity project, it is appreciated, especially if it is related to diabetes.

I know the Paula project and that's why I have written what I have written.
I do not doubt the good intentions or the participants of the concert (only lacking) or the project itself.
But both the project and the concert would win if things were clearer.

DiabetesForo
07/14/2012 6:41 a.m.

Thank you, I understand you perfectly ...... But I have written this info (Begoña de Tercera commandment) as a summary .... Let's see that I am not an expert on the subject, I simply make the promotion and it is a reduced infoWithout more

I am not the ideal of talking about the emptiness itself, but I assure you that Paula project when it has spoken to the media about the festival and what the project is much has expanded much more and has given much more information about whatWhat they do.

Just tell you that I have put the post to announce the concert and I have made a very brief summary about Paula Project, the post I have put is not to promote Paula project that they know how to do very well and know very well how to explain, this post thatI have put is to simply announce the festival why there will be people who in solidarity want to go and also enjoy a poster because there are important groups in it

Without more, thanks, greetings

tercer mandamiento
07/14/2012 6:49 a.m.

Cristina Ponce (promoter of the Paula Project):

First of all, I apologize for not having updated the Paula Project blog, everything is due to my inexperience and above all lack of time.I communicate and try to answer everyone through my email And thanks to the collaboration of the company SIJA, on its website: www.sija.es They keep the information updated and last acts performed (summarized)., collaborations, etc.
It does not apologize but I can only say that I dedicate many hours to carry out this project, that I do not have economic means to do it better and of course I do not use a single cent of donations to have better tools, shortly a collaborator will manufacture aown website and will keep it updated.I
I am only administrative, that I work away from home, that I have a husband and two teenage children and I take care of the tasks of my house and my family with the help of my husband and also dedicate at least 3 hours a day from Monday to Sunday (on average) organizing acts, getting collaborators, adding followers and collecting donations because I firmly believe in what I am doing.

What worries me most about what has been commented is the lack of credibility with respect to where donations have been directed:
In the first place to say that I am not impressed by buildings, but people, in this case scientists of great intelligence, dedication and vocation that I have had the luck to meet.I went to CIPF in the first place because I was directed by Dr. Carlos Simón, one of the best scientists that our country will give in history, he introduced me to my dear Dr. Déborah Burks Directorara of the Diabetes Laboratory and thus I started working.
With the donations collected and admitted directly to the CIPF account of which of course I have the economic memory, Dr. Silvia Sanz has been hired from 12/1/2012 to 12/31/2012 and to a researcher's assistantpart -time from July to October.
Regarding the scientific memory of the CIPF Diabetes Laboratory, nothing has been published yet (it will be done before the end of the year and informative newsletter will be sent to all donors) for legal reasons, since the laboratory has sent an article related toDr. Silvia Sanz's research line to the scientific journal Diabetes and until it is published in the magazine, the memory cannot be sent (so I have believed to understand it in the explanations that have given me and of which I fully trust, ifDo not explain it well, I apologize).
Regarding the beginning of collaboration with Incliva, where the Ilmo is effectively.Prof. Rafael Carmena and Scientific Director Josep Redón, in addition to a Governing Board and a very important metabolism that has several research lines in associated Dibetes and diseases.I can only say that it is the objective of the Paula project not to accumulate money but to give way as soon as possible by manufacturing science and in the more laboratories the better laboratories, I chose inclusive because it is one of the foundations that collaborates very actively with cyberdem and also has its very sanitized accounts, notThey have economic difficulties and since I am not an expert in science, I took all the interest of the world to get a meeting with the directors of the Carlos III Health Institute, to agree with them my decision, which also had another reason: the proximity and the possibilityTo meet with all of them as necessary because as I have already said, my displacements, paper expenses, printer ink, shopping, reprography, gasoline, telephone and other expenses that lead to perform solidarity acts and make them known inAll Spain, they leavedirectly from my payroll as administrative.
Of course, the Paula Project is a solidarity project for collaboration with any laboratory that investigates diabetes and personally I would love that there were many laboratories throughout Spain working actively working in investigating diabetes with the collaboration of our project, this possibility is open for any collaborator who wants to take itIn another city other than Valencia, since when I instructed the Paula project, I did it so that it could be, it is free and any person can add to him and allocate donations where he creates more convenient.At the moment the most active collaborators support my decisions, but I am nothing more than anyone.
Finally, little by that they know diabetes and science, it is easy to understand that any scientific progress will benefit people who suffer from type 1 and type 2 diabetes, in addition to other diseases such as cancer or Alzheimer's for example, since scientists are put in commonAnd they share with all the laboratories of other specialties the progress of each of them and many of them serve for various diseases, in conclusion with science we all win and benefit.
I still believe in the Paula project firmly and working with great enthusiasm and very hard to raise donations, but above all my goal is to raise awareness that diabetes needs science, what science is health, progress, well -being and happiness and I know that what I am doing littleOr much, it will serve more than 300 million people suffering from diabetes, since a single year of a scientist's work provides insurance more benefits than hundreds of workers not to mention millions of politicians, since I do not understand politicsAnd I'm not going to talk.

Thank you, only Cristina Ponce, administrative, with a 3 -year -old diploma, 43 years, very normal and simple, with a great need to do everything possible to help my children who are the best of my life.(It's not sarcarsmus is for you to stand.

cristina ponce's profile photo
cristina ponce
07/19/2012 7:43 p.m.

Hello Cristina

Welcome to the forum.
It is appreciated that you take the trouble to clarify some things in this forum.

I think I have already made it clear in my previous messages, which I do not doubt that until the last penny he has gone to the investigation.
Personally, by various ways and different sources, I know that has been so.

The doubts I have raised is because the news led to confuse people who were interested in the project, if information was sought through the Internet.
And I think that in a project like yours you should not leave space to doubt.

The doubts about the CPIF were neither about the building nor about the researchers, but about the political direction of the center ... that we want or does not end up influencing all workers and their performance, such as their trajectory (brief) so weHe has taught it.
I have those same doubts about the inclusive, not about R. Carmena or about Dr. Redón ... but about the political direction of the Foundation.
For example, now there is a strong controversy about the construction of a building for research ... where 2.6 million have been spent: shock: ... and next to it they have the closed and unused agricultural building.
With which it is falling and having other solutions, spending 2.6 million does not seem very reasonable.

Regarding what type of investigation the funds go ... experts say that what is most lacking is base research, not specialized ... but of course, that "does not sell", so I understand that aids towards research are diversifieddirect and base research.
But that, perhaps, and seeing it from the outside, you should explain it very well because it generates confusion around the objective of the project.

Friend José Vicente also has similar initiatives:
By the way, he is also Valencian.

CIBERDEM also has its own campaign:

None is (or you are better neither worse, neither more nor less necessary.

In my opinion, it is better to go together than each one on their own. But it is just my opinion.
And of course public research, in public agencies, with public workers and public results ... because it is the best measure to guarantee the objectivity of research.

DiabetesForo
07/20/2012 1:16 a.m.

Estimated Daniel (Owash), I see that you handle you phenomenal on many issues so I would love that instead of giving me advice you would be to me as an active collaborator if you agree with what I have started.As you live in Valencia we can stay for coffee.As I explained in the message I am doing everything I know and that I can and with my best will, I sincerely believe that I can not ask for more.I need to surround myself with intelligent people like you who help the Paula project get big and get ahead.
Since you have taken the trouble to look for several ways and fountains it is easier to contact me directly and collaborate.For example, it would be helpful for you to take care of the blog. And since you understand a lot of science, you could also come with me to meet with the research centers and laboratories to choose the most convenient.
I hope you do not confuse the tone of the answer and you decide to call to talk personally with me if you are interested in collaborating, I personally do not like pseudonyms, or conversations in forums, etc.As my phone told you yesterday is 608679707 and my email <!.
With what I wrote yesterday and my answer today has finished my intervention in this forum (more than anything because I have no time for explanations and justifications, I have a lot of work to do in which I believe what I am doing).
Finally, just say that I have put a couple ... to start something that is important for me, I do not force anyone to join, I would love to take an effective initiative to cure diabetes, for me theMore effective is science, it is perhaps confused but in any case it will be my problem, I am not flagging of anything or anyone, nor do I consider myself a reference either.The safest thing is that if it were me who suffers from diabetes as is your case or not having children as I think it is your case I would not have had the initiative to do anything and I would have resigned me, but it turns out that my children are my life and I will fight until the dayThat I die for what I love most.

Regarding the expenditure of the building I agree with you, only that the construction also began before the one that is falling.And dear friend Daniel, if you find a country in the world where nothing moves for interests, political, economic, religious, etc., I beg you to let me know as soon as I go to there immediately.

A hug, Cristina Ponce

cristina ponce's profile photo
cristina ponce
07/20/2012 11:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.