Catheter question

móntrial's profile photo   11/06/2010 12:12 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone.

I am new (very new :))) In this pump.I have it since Wednesday, and today, when I have made the change of catheter, I have left a mark and a bulld where the catheter was with the teflon tied inside.I suppose it is normal because it looks quite a lot to the brands that I had left when they have put a way, but honestly, I did not expect mini-inflammation and the Bultillo.I have a horrible healing and nothing that I make a scratch comes out and sometimes scar, and this has happened to me with the needles, so ... well, do you also happen to any of you?Could it be that I have been infected a bit?The same is a stupid question, peeeeeeeeeero ... I am calmer!

Thank you in advance

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/06/2010 12:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Quiet, it also happens to me but in a few hours it disappears, it is normal for you to mark you and a brush that disappears, think you have had a foreign body for 3 days;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/06/2010 12:45 p.m.

I asked you why within normality, some had passed how many horns (7h, hehe) and it was already beginning to seem suspicious.What do I know.The truth is that yes, Prado, you are right and is already referring, but as it bitten me, it was more rare.Thank you :)

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/06/2010 1:34 p.m.

Celia is the same.It is like a small crater in the middle of a mound, but it passes in a few hours.
Do not forget to rotate, which is fundamental.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/06/2010 2:01 p.m.

Montrial is normal what you comment, both Angela Cooper to Juan Luis happens, as they tell you, he leaves in a few hours.If you have aloe vera put it after removing it, it will improve a lot.It is also recommended to use Pomada, in case of infection, or if you see it ugly ... Comment it with your doctor.
And as Alea says, rotar is very important.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/06/2010 3:03 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

No, if I have already seen it today ... I have put it on the other side of the navel :)) I did the moisturizing cream, thanks for the advice, Velia.I almost gives me more problems the tape with which subject the cannula so that they have not around 50 cms of loose cables than the catheter sticker, but the truth is that it helps a lot.

I will ask about the Bactroban the next time I go to the doctor, to see what they tell me.The truth is that this is to learn without stopping, because there is no other!:) But I am very happy.Thank you!

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/06/2010 3:23 p.m.

The Bactroban when there is an infection (some grain that does not come out or infection of some injury) is a wonder of cream.
As for the healing no longer because of the pump's catheter, but for the punctures of the fingers, I do not know if I read here that the pink oil oil came very well ... isn't it like that?Or is there something better?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/07/2010 3:35 a.m.

I guess rose oil will come very, very well, but it had never occurred to me to use it on my fingers, the truth.Nor would it serve as much there, I think, because in fact small coasts are formed (well, brown dots) in the yolks.Does the same happen to others?In fact, I am already using all my fingers (before I only punctured me in 3/10 at most) because with this thousands and thousands of capillary controls with the pump ... I have the destroyed annular.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
11/07/2010 6:43 a.m.

Well, I did use the oil, I saw it that many people used as a scar for the fingers, and well, at least it helps a little.
It happens to me as to you, in all the fingers, of the punctures, they form as brown dots, like the brand of the puncture. They do not hurt, but they look, and it is a bit ugly, because it seems as if youI put the "red", which then the same is nothing more than a small coast. The worst is when you have the mark like dark red, or MORADITO, which is when the needle has entered but well, there to the hygadillo :)) :)), and a Monton hurts.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/07/2010 7:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.