{'en': "Why don't the pills work in type 1 diabetes?", 'es': '¿Porqué las pastillas no funcionan en la diabetes tipo 1?'} Image

Why don't the pills work in type 1 diabetes?

Jorgelui's profile photo   07/23/2012 5:49 p.m.

Hello,

I hear a lot that the pill has no effect on a type 1 ... the question is why ???

The pill and insulin are chemical compounds whose purpose isnecessary to get to insulin?

Thank you!

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
07/23/2012 5:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What pill?:-/: Shock:
Metformin?

Type 1 diabetes is characterized by the pancreas does not produce insulin.
Without insulin we die ... all, type 1, type 2 and type 27 ... without insulin we die.
That is why insulin is mandatory in type 1 diabetes.

Metformin does not act on pancreas, reduces intestinal glucose absorption and reduces hepatic glucose production.

Metformin is usually used, in type 1 diabetes, to improve insulin sensitivity or reduce insulin resistance (as we want to say) and this usually happens when there is excessive body weight

In some cases of Lada Diabetes, some scientific currents advocate to guide metformin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2012 1:04 p.m.

If a person eats everything, I think there is no medication that is worth, neither metformin nor exogenous, and the theory we know falls short

There is something I could check with metformin (and it will be the same as insulin), when consuming a paella
Paella, according to the case, can be made of a bit raw rice and the excessive dye that is thrown out

Nature has its priority by wanting
Once your task was over, the metformin entered to reduce

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
07/24/2012 3:44 p.m.

I insist, in type 1 diabetes insulin is essential.
In Africa, unfortunately, there are no patients with type 1 diabetes, they die ... because they have no insulin.

Metformin is not hypoglycemic, neither in type 1 diabetes nor in type 2 diabetes nor in any type of diabetes.
On its own it is not able to lower a glycemia of 300 mg/dl

What does the dye have to do?: Shock :: Shock:
What if you throw saffron?Then change?

Hilarious, as little.

DiabetesForo
07/24/2012 4:14 p.m.

I have not yet understood what I try to tell us or ask Jorgelui, I must be a bit silly;) ....
Jorgelui, if you inject insulin you can eat everything, in moderation but everything.And the rice because I don't understand you either, the dye of course does not affect at all the faster or faster absorption of it.

DiabetesForo
07/24/2012 4:44 p.m.

I tried the metformin 4 months, and reached 67.
Prado, the approach is only that if we do not control food, there is no medication that makes sense.
Owash, I don't close to see things differently.I don't try to be more papist than the Pope

It gives the impression that the forum, adjusts to an established line and hence any different point of view can be hilarious.

In the end,

Luck

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
07/25/2012 3:17 p.m.

I agree Jorgelui, food is one of the fundamental pillars to control diabetes, we can eat everything but in moderation, if we do not control ourselves there is no medication that is worth.
I think we didn't understand you well, or you didn't explain well;).To start you should tell us your treatment, what kind of diabetes do you have and then your doubts and so we can help you.

DiabetesForo
07/25/2012 5:06 p.m.

I tried the metformin 4 months, and reaches 67.
Prado, the approach is only that if we do not control food, there is no medication that makes sense.
Owash, I don't close to see things differently.I don't try to be more papist than the Pope

It gives the impression that the forum, adjusts to an established line and hence any different point of view can be hilarious.

In the end,

LUCK

Illustrate us ...

At the moment, the only thing you have done is to say that the excessive coloring of the paella: or generates glucose along with the rice
:)) :)) :))

And compare metformin with insulin ... of traca.
This is having an established line?: ((: (: ((: (: ((: ((: ((((((

DiabetesForo
07/25/2012 5:12 p.m.

I started in 330 glucose.After 5h he had dropped to 190.

They gave me an oral medication, I suppose metformin and at the next time I was in 130
At night, I had a cup of milk and integral cookies and the day is still fasting,
Again in 190.

If I repeat this 'medication' routine and inappropriate diet, there were possibly
Arrived in insulin

There is a widely used food coloring in South America called 'Achiote', it is a very powerful HC
I tried the same food without said dye and identified the component that had raised my level to 330

Aza is more bearable, I have tried it
And the tb paprika

Exogenous insulin is still a chemical compound and obviously does not have intelligence to determine:
'when',
'how much' and
'Until when'

According to medical literature, my profile should be Lada (+35, Delgado, etc), but in the health center
The doctor who attended me told me: Keep the diet, fill the pill and if nothing works then the insulin

But he stressed, diet and food combination

I left the metformin and maintain the diet

Prado, your predisposition is appreciated

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
07/25/2012 6:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.