Diabetes+Surf

Christian's profile photo   07/23/2012 7:13 p.m.

Hello, good first of all, my name is Christian, I am 17 years old, they declared me the diabetes 7 months ago and very sad state in the end I am diabetes type 1 dependent insulin but, well, we will have to learn to live with this :) ... ...

Now I start: I'm going to start surfing and I'm afraid that with adrenaline I can upload or lower the sugar I don't know much, I went to my doctor and told me that before doing the sport I would take a glass of Coca Coca

Someone who knows = who recommends me!Well I hope you can give me a advice you would help me a lot

SLDS :)

Christian's profile photo
Christian
07/23/2012 7:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Christian,
Welcome to the forum

I would do a control before starting the exercise.If you are below 100, you take a ration of hydrates for each hour of exercise you are going to do.The Coca Cola depends, because if you start with high levels, the exercise can get more.
I do it like that, I do not surf, but when I do aerobic or swimming, and it works for me.
You will have to try how the exercise affects you, if you need more or less food before starting ... you can control every hour to see how you evolve.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/24/2012 4:47 a.m.

There will be no choice but to try Christian, because the sport does not make the same effect to all, it begins little by little until you know how your body reacts, wipe yourself every little.More than a cocacola I would take some slow absorption hydrate so as not to have hypoglycemia during exercise, but the best thing is to try.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2012 5:58 a.m.

Welcome to the forum and diabetes.

Before there was a bundle: Nita Wave ... who also did strange things about surfing :))

Cookies.
Holy hand.
Easy to calculate, they carry sugar and flours, combine slow and rapid hydrates ...

cookies+glycemia
And you can exercise everything you want.
Of course, with time and experience.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2012 12:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.