aid

veroyjoaqui's profile photo   11/09/2010 1:50 p.m.

Hi, I'm Vero Mama de Joaqui, he has been five years old and diabetes for six months is evident that with this age I take care of his care and needs. And sometimes as now it is very hard, I do not understand that I have to prick you have to be strongAnd sometimes it lasts and my soul leaves when I ask when I am going to get good alive

veroyjoaqui's profile photo
veroyjoaqui
11/09/2010 1:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum, Vero !!!!
I am also a mother and my daughter debuted with the age of Joaquí, so I understand you perfectly ... the early days are hard, more for parents than for our kids, who fortunately adapt to the new situation much faster, although it is true that any comment or question makes us absolutely vulnerable because of the sensitivity of the moment ... you will see how as time goes by and you learn and have better control, your life will be much better.
Tell us what the child carries, how are his glycemia, and all the doubts you can think of.
In the section "I look for someone" there is a thread of parents, there is always someone new who is entering and we seek among all respond and support ... who better than those who live with it day by day.

A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/09/2010 2:40 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, Vero.

My advice is that you try to remove all drama to the issue of diabetes and punctures.Children do not have the same feeling of fear of the future or anything similar, and the punctures really hurt us than them.Try to make it a game.Let him click on a doll, or a ball, so that he becomes usual not to see the ball or the syringe as something odious, but natural.

And here you have us for what is offered.I am also the mother of a diabetic girl, who debuted with 8 years and now is 16.

Health and welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/09/2010 4:44 p.m.

Thank you very much. It is very comforting to find people like you willing to share your experience.I would also like to let off steam for the first. The truth is that I had no idea of ​​diabetes only take the child to the pediatrician because he drunk a lotAnd we spent a week there learning and adjusting its dose that is from Humalog and Insulatard I make the mixture of the two and I put three and three in the morning three HP and one NPH noon and three and three at night always with syringilla. AndGetting to the idea of ​​all this has not been easy in day to day is an absolute delivery I go to school five times a day and the nights you already know although the important thing is that he is very good.Is it awake very high 380 300 Every day is normal?I was recommended

veroyjoaqui
11/10/2010 4:31 p.m.

Yes, I think you have to increase the slow one because it wakes up high.Upload a unit (or medium).So that you don't go down at night, you can give you some reef before bedtime (milk and a cookie ..)
Insulatard insulin and mixtures are not very predictable.You can tell the endo to change the basal for a flatter insulin (Lantus or Levemir), avoid hypoglycemia and give freedom of schedules in meals, which is already a lot.
Another option is insulin pump, which for children is the best treatment.
My daughter also debuted with 5 years and in the same way as yours.I thought I had urine infection ... and from the pediatrician to the hospital. So I understand you perfectly, I do not want to remember those first years with this, but everything is normalized and the treatments are improving.
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/10/2010 5:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Vero !!!Insulatard is for my taste "a horror."I would advise you to read about Levemir or the Insulina Bomb and propose to your doctor the change in treatment because it is truly complicated to hit and live quietly with the one you carry ...
If at 3 in the morning it is fine and then it goes so much it is because it lacks insulin at dawn "phenomenon of dawn", quite common especially in children because the growth hormone increases producing hyperglycemia from 5 or6 in the morning (that's why it's called Alba phenomenon).Solution: Insulin supply to cover that time.As?: Well, or delays slow insulin so that the action peak coincides with the ALBA or, without a doubt the best option, request the insulin pump, since if you increase the slowThe 3 your controls are within normality.
To verify that this hyperglycemia is due to the phenomenon of ALBA, you must first discard that is due to a possible rebound effect (somoyi effect) of some hypoglycemia produced at night.(It seems that you can rule it out for the figures you point in the early morning).
And why do you have to go to school 5 times?Of course, I would clearly comment to your life (that cannot be consent, because it is already quite complicated without so many excesses).
Much encouragement, and above all stay with your problems, there is a solution.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2010 4:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you for your real aid that I had no idea of ​​the problems that this insulin gives thought that this was that difficult to control and it is very frustrating not to find an explanation to some upsI was in X and I have put x because it goes down to 32 or rises to 300 of course that any guilt of insulin cannot be my lack of experience also influences but it is a relief to discover thanks to you that not all insulins are good in the hospitalThey explain to you if the curves and the guideline to follow is fast or slow but the poxima visit that is the day16 I will comment all this and what you continue telling me a lot in your experience I go to the school five times the day in the morning at 9To leave it I return at 11 before lunch for the proof of El Dedito I pick it up at 1 because I cannot stay in the dining room I take it again at 3 and pick it up at 5 and the rest like everyone elseEXTRA SCHOOL ACTIVITIES BATH

veroyjoaqui
11/11/2010 1:09 p.m.

Well, we are glad to be useful.
We all know how complicated the beginnings, and more with those insulins.
Do not have a repair of raising all your doubts.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 3:07 p.m.

Of course children are much more difficult to control than an adult, Vero.There is nothing more to see the activity so varied that a kid can have throughout the day, but with insulin pump or finding a good pattern of Levemir + Novorapid or Humalog, surely it will be much better.Ah, you can even consider leaving it in the dining room if you need it.In any case, the mogollón of the beginning there is no one to take it to you, I remember (and I have already told it a thousand times), that I put me 1 hour before to prepare their food and dinner, I got some purees for 18 people doing theRations count: Oops:, everything caused me insecurity, but of course, experience and time help naturalize everything and things are already shot.
Why don't you write in the thread parents? I tell you because there are users who only read certain threads, and there are several moms with young children, some who are also starting, sure they can help you a lot.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/12/2010 3:31 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.