Count the rations of ch.Clinidiabet is wrong?

superman1's profile photo   11/11/2010 4:17 a.m.

After being in consultation with my educator on the 9th of the current and passes from eating to "eye" to counting the HC I see myself more lying than ever.To start it gives me a saucepan that seems for an urine analytics for measures in which a saucepan is supposed to be 2 portions.How do I put the fried potatoes there, or without frying?Ok for some things but for others it is a roll.
I believe that for the calculation the best is the weight and already cooked and everything.Instead of 15 gr of unoccinating rice I think a ration is 35 cooked because.
To top it off if we put in the search engine to look for the rations I get a page www.clinidiabet.com/A> <!be.
How do you do it?Do you use the saucepan?to weight?Where do you take the weights?It is that my educator has given me a role in some things and that but others not.For example yesterday when I went to eat some fried potatoes and had no idea, thankfully a compi told me that 1 ration was 35 gr.I don't know if it was fine!
All the best!

superman1's profile photo
superman1
11/11/2010 4:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I use weight, and with raw foods.I consider 1 RAC.of HC, S 10 GRMS.Of them, but that's the least, some use 10 and another 15gms.The important thing is to always use the same criteria.
It is easier than it seems and over time you will be an expert in Mates, hahahaha.Just seeing the nutritional table you will get an approximate idea of ​​the grams that you have to weigh.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2010 4:33 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

More or less I am like you, learning everything that the carbohydrate count is, and at first, it is very expensive, or quite mess for a person who does not give the numbers very well, hehehe ...: Oops:
From what I understand, the little bush that also gave me, is to measure legumes (already cooked, I think), rice, and pasta.
The potatoes and everything else, because using the weight ... and did not give your educator a list of food and carbohydrates?
Yes, and I was guided by that list

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/11/2010 4:51 a.m.

They also gave me the glass, but I don't use it.And they also told me that a ration was 10 gr Hc.
What I do is the following, I give you an example of simple lentils:
Raw ingredients:
* 600 gr of lentils -& GT; 244 gr hc (3 rule: if 100 are 40'6, 600 will have x. And rounding)
* 200 gr of onion -& GT; 11 gr (100 have 5'3 ... rounding ...)
* 200 gr of pepper -& gt; 8 gr (100 have 4'2 ...)
In total: 263gr of HC
If everything has been cooked together 1300 gr for example, and what I put on my plate are 250 gr,
On my dish I will have 250 (my dish)/B>.Approximately 5 rations.

At first it is a mess, but everything summarizes:
* Weigh all ingredients with raw HC
* Weigh the total after cooked (subtracting the casserole, of course)
* Do the accounts well, that in the end the trick is taken to the mates ...

And to look at the HC, or on the Internet Link food.Aspx , or in a book that has the tables ...

There are several ways to make the accounts, I hope someone helps this: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 7:08 a.m.

Why do I hate that system and I have it as a mania to the point of not having learned or put into practice in life?

It will be because I went to a course to count for rations as soon as you start the diabetes back in 86, and with the mental empanada that I already had with my new diabetes, that seemed to me a frightful mess and I ran with my mother in the direction of homeHow soul that the devil carries?

It will be because it has always seemed to me that the type of HC does not discriminate, although a ration of glucose, fructose or starch is not the same?(That is, a ration of Coca Cola, honey or bread, for example)

It will be because I consider that my diabetes is unstable enough (as the canons of this damn disease send) that makes me absolutely impossible to determine categorically and universally how much insulin I need for a ration and that ratio fluctuates me a barbarity depending on the day,What do you do, from the quotation of the Yen and the position of the Luna Titan?

Will it be because I love you?Vueeeela flies and you will see
that it is not difficult to fly,
Vueeeela that flies and I will see
to the crazy world to tie ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2010 11:20 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

PS: I have not one, but two cups.And I have some rubbers of erase and in the other bolis.:)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2010 11:21 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hahahahaha Gondrullo, how much reason you are: D, I think that and that's why I have been and I am so reluctant to count rations or hydrates, peeeeeero now when I change my bomb my endocrine "forced me" to count and point everything again to update theratios and the awareness index in the new bomb and well surprisingly :)) :)) :)) It is not going badly, but above all it helps me a lot when it comes to corrections .....: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 11:40 a.m.

The diet for rations without the glucometer is of no use ... as Gondurulo says does not discriminate the HC, but then each one has a different absorption and food goes as they go ...

That's why I don't like sensitivity index either ...

The 2 things as theory are great to understand everything, but then comes the reality that gives you in the face ... and you have to reformulate according to the body, the one of each one wants to say.

DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 12:30 p.m.

They also gave me the glass, but I don't use it.And they also told me that a ration was 10 gr Hc.
What I do is the following, I give you an example of simple lentils:
Raw ingredients:
* 600 gr of lentils -& GT; 244 gr hc (3 rule: if 100 are 40'6, 600 will have x. And rounding)
* 200 gr of onion -& GT; 11 gr (100 have 5'3 ... rounding ...)
* 200 gr of pepper -& gt; 8 gr (100 have 4'2 ...)
In total: 263gr of HC
If everything has been cooked together 1300 gr for example, and what I put on my plate are 250 gr,
On my dish I will have 250 (my dish)/B>.Approximately 5 rations.

: D

My God, I hate and give me badly, no, fatal the numbers, if I have to do all this fuss for a lentil plate ... I can throw myself all day going around to calculate, and reach theDinner time !!!!
Ppfff ..... This of counting rations is a fuss ... and I do not come out of the accounts to me. The count more or less I carry it, but then the sensitivity factor, which is that you run insulin units byRation of hydrates ... na.A days in the food the same I need 2 units of insulin by ration, other days I cut me with those 2 and I would have needed 3 .... ains .... I would prefer to make poems to so many calculationsmathematics. I know that glucose would do better :)) :))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/11/2010 1:52 p.m.

My God, I hate and give me badly, no, fatal the numbers, if I have to do all this fuss for a lentil plate ... I can throw myself all day going around to calculate, and reach theDinner time !!!!
Ppfff ..... This of counting rations is a fuss ... and I do not come out of the accounts to me. The count more or less I carry it, but then the sensitivity factor, which is that you run insulin units byRation of hydrates ... na.A days in the food the same I need 2 units of insulin by ration, other days I cut me with those 2 and I would have needed 3 .... ains .... I would prefer to make poems to so many calculationsmathematicians. I know that glucose would do better :)) :))

Hehe, if it seems a bit mess, but I imagine that doing it at the beginning, then I will be able to better approximate the amounts.I will not be forever with the scale and the calculator ... I take it as something passenger until I learn.
Anyway, it shows that I am of numbers and not of letters, to me the poem like not :))

DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 2:37 p.m.

Well, for me, it is a ration ... I will see then if that ration is slow, fast hydrates, if I have 150 or 80 and if I go to take my nap .... come on what I don't understand whatIt has to do with how the HC tell, s for the rest ...
I think that sometimes one is reluctant for anything and resists trying ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2010 4:34 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Helloaaaaaaa,
I still don't tell rations, but I see it a rollazo, I for now and I am going well, I am weighing for the mates, I am from letters, hahaha and tb I prefer to write poems, :)) :))
Today I went to the association, on the 27th a dietitian is going to explain the entire issue of portions and others, I will go that will come great, it seems interesting

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/11/2010 5:22 p.m.

The truth is that we do not count on rations either, we count on dishes: D, a plate of macaroni, a plate of chickpeas, a plate of lentils, a plate of potatoes ... the same imulin!Hala!And if there is dessert cake, then two more humalog units .. and walking! ... and it goes well: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2010 6:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.