Measures in Glucometer Expert

aurora2's profile photo   08/14/2012 8:37 a.m.

Hello, you will see ... As I said in another post, my educator gave me the meter a while, but without any
Data inside, I used it as a normal glucometer and as they don't call me to put the data ... I manipulate it, what I could
Understand the apparatus brings them, I could only put the amount of sugar that I can aff
And Maxima 200, when I have the highest a warning comes out and if I have it less than 7o, are those amounts good?I call every day the educator to advise me about the measures even if it is by Tlf, but it is seen that it is on vacation ... there is no answer.Does anyone have the meter?Can you tell me your glycemia stops that they really put him?

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/14/2012 8:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have it aurora (well that of the pump that is the same) you can put the limits according to different sections (when you get up, food, dinner ...) for example 200 for the time of getting up, it is a lot, for my liking, maybeFor another moment of the day is fine.

The most interesting thing about the "pot" is to put the ratios of the meals (how much insulin you have to put yourself for each ration of carbohydrates) and the sensitivity of insulin (how much low an insulin unit) with that data advises you how much to put on

tica's profile photo
tica
08/14/2012 10:16 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

ethics, I always have the same amount in the device, it is as before and after meals 70 and after it does not pass me from 200, (se, that 200 can be
A little high but if there is more, I correct myself and the rest you say about the device!Huy!There they hope they put it on me, anyway I hope they call me
From one day to another.Thank you very much for your jerk, I hope you don't spend much heat with your beer

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/14/2012 12:29 p.m.

Hi Aurora:
My endocrine also gave it to me, but he scheduled it.I have made some modification and it is not much roll.
I have it for time blocks and what my endocrine scheduled me was 70-150.And from there I correct.
I do not know if you will know that when you have a hiccup, the device has an alarm to notify you at 15 min.For me it is a great advantage, since with hiccup time it is very slow and with this I do not rush.In case you are interested in that is in adjustments/reminders.
And for warning limits I have 70-280.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
08/17/2012 4:16 p.m.

Well, thanks for the Garbitxu explanation, notice that I enter every day and I did not realize your answer
And see what I look at, well I will look in adjustments and reminders in case I can put it, ah!and about the measures that the endocrine put you .. more or less as I put it on my own good ... the high is a little higher than mine but ... if the endocrine put it well this .Thanks. Thank youagain .

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/22/2012 8:47 a.m.

I started using this "pot" yesterday .. in the theory is the cane ... a girl came to give us a course of how to use it to another person and me and all good, they introduced all the data and taught us to modify it.

In practice I find it a bit complicated ... I before punctured me from 70-130, 4 units, the normal diet but without counting the CH.The normal thing is that at the 2 hours of eating I had it in 130-140 ... I have never corrected myself with insulin ... I only put before meals.

Yesterday I started the plan ... I did the analysis (86), I put the rations (7) ... and put me to punctu me 3 units ... Until everything well.At two hours the alarm sounds to me (this is the repera) to do me control after eating and he tells me that I have 178 ... you can cancel there or continue and that it guides you on which insulin put on you, I put it that it was laterFrom eating and told me to put 1 unit: shock :: shock: and here my problem appears ... have that after a meal is high ??Should that unit put me at two hours to eat?

What the girl told me yesterday is that what was not normal is that I had 105 before breakfast put me insulin, breakfast and have 105 at two hours ... he told me that it seemed strange that at two hours of eating he always hasVery little about 129, 130 having about 90 before eating.: ((: (((

I don't know ... how do you do you?:-/

Thank you

LADA's profile photo
LADA
09/04/2012 7:25 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Having 178 at two hours of eating is high?Well, it depends on each one, it depends on what you have eaten, it depends if you are going to do some physical activity .... uffff .....
If I am going to be sitting all afternoon without hardly moving then I correct, if I have also eaten a fatty meal, a lot of protein or slow hydrates such as paella then I correct myself and not with a unit ..... so everything depends:Mrgreen: We cannot generalize ......
And that it seems weird that you have such good glycemia after eating because it is nonsense, if you calculate the insulin to me it does not seem so strange ... I usually have good glutemia at two hours of eating, the strange thing is whatotherwise ...:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/04/2012 7:39 a.m.

When do you say "I corrected" is what I have put ??that at two hours you do the analysis and tell you the little machine that you have to get 1 more?

LADA's profile photo
LADA
09/04/2012 7:45 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Yes, but the little machine is only the guidance, you are the one who has to make the decision to correct or not, with one or more units because the machine (in my case the bomb) does not know what you have eaten, or whatYou're going to do .....

DiabetesForo
09/04/2012 7:52 a.m.

: Shock:
Thank you very much ... bufff pos to me that of correcting seems more difficult without ever having done it ... because as you say it not only depends on the food ... also if you are going to take a nap, if you feel like going towalk ... I don't know ... :(. To start it is complicated.

LADA's profile photo
LADA
09/04/2012 8:20 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Well, it begins little by little, the trial-error is the best way to learn to be able to adjust the treatment and get better control ... and a lot of patience;)

DiabetesForo
09/04/2012 8:24 a.m.

There are temporary that sugar for some motibo goes on his own, it is rare but at -My she passes me, to start my still they did not call me to put the data
Inside (after almost 2 months with the glucometer at home), and now that I work .. I am sure they call me for the course, "chance" but I will have to postpone it, there is the work to miss, about the corrections I always start by2, and from there I boy doing the test to see if it goes down.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
09/04/2012 10:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.