More than 40% of diabetes complications

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/17/2010 5:12 a.m.

Diabetes More than 40% of diabetes complications could be avoided with good control
Jano.es · November 16, 2010 09:17
The development of in vitro diagnostic health technology (DIV) for the measurement of house glucose has been essential in the control of the disease, recalls phenin.

More than 40% of diabetes complications, such as cardiovascular diseases, renal failure, lower limb amputations or blindness, could be avoided with adequate care of the disease in which regular blood glucose analysis constitutes an essential part.
And it is that the measurement of blood sugar, for whose development the health technology of in vitro (div) diagnostic has been key, significantly improves the control of diabetes and prevents or drastically delays the complications of this pathology.This was recalled by the Spanish Federation of Health Technology (FENIN) on the occasion of World Diabetes Day that, promoted by IDF (International Diabetes Federation), was held on November 14 under the slogan, let's take control of diabetes.Already!.
According to Marisa Abad, president of the in vitro diagnostic sector of the Federation, within the current direct costs of diabetes, “only 0.6% corresponds to self -analysis tests, while the rest of the costs are associated withthe pharmacological and hospitable treatment of the consequences of the bad control of the disease ”.And it is that a patient with micro and macrovascular pathology derived from diabetes can multiply up to 10 times the costs for the health system against a well -controlled and without them, which “very seriously threatens the economic sustainability of health systems if notAppropriate measures are taken urgent, ”says Marisa Abad.In addition, diabetes and their complications are among the main causes of life expectancy and loss of quality of life.
Education, key piece
The patient is the main protagonist in the care of his illness, so that his circumstances and expectations must be taken into account by each of the agents responsible for the care of their health.In this sense, the education of people with the disease is essential to control the epidemic it supposes.
In this regard, the president of the in vitro diagnostic sector of Fenin indicates that, after the discovery of insulin, “the most significant progress in the control of diabetes has been the home monitoring of blood glucose levels to keep themcloser possible to normal. ”Since then, research has led to the development of more convenient and adequate self -analysis systems for each person based on their type of diabetes, treatment and lifestyle.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 5:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

More than 40%?Does that want to say that almost 60% are inevitable?
It seems to me a terrible and unintentivating news (what word, I will have to see if it exists)

Health

DiabetesForo
11/17/2010 8:04 a.m.

Unfortunate I think they are inevitable in many cases, but be careful, you don't have to relax, it is not the same to have twenty 200 figures for a month than to have them for 2 years.Micro and blood macrovases deteriorate with high blood glucose figures, but it is logical that a person who does not fall from 200 is exposed to an attack against those vessels much larger than one that reaches those figures punctually.
I believe that what a good diabetes control can do is allow complications to appear later, instead of 10, because 20 years, for example.If you look, no matter how good control that we have, we after eating we reach 180 or 200 figures, then stabilize, but a normal person never passes from 140. These differences, over time, translate into damage.
Eye with one thing.The damage does not have to be catrastrophic.A good control also allows when they appear, the complications are mild and treatable and can stagnate at that point or invert even a normal situation if strict care is followed.This is the case for example of microalbuminuria, which can be reversed ...
I am afraid of complications, like everyone else, but we cannot live like this, let's think that there are people who are not allowed to live because it has for example an intractable cancer or a degenerative disease of the chungas.
We must take care of ourselves so that when something definitive in research is achieved, we are more or less well to receive it and forget about this **** disease.More and more things come out, the artificial pancreas is falling and if this device is effective, which will be perfected over time, the control of glucose could be the same as that of a non -diabetic person, then the complications would not have forWhat to appear.
Courage companions !!:)

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
11/18/2010 5:40 a.m.

About 10,000 people die in Spain due to direct cause of diabetes complications.
I would say that more than 90% are avoidable.
Mostly have type 2 diabetes

Eye complications statistics should be compared in age groups, pathologies and gravity.
Most likely, the percentage between patients with diabetes and without diabetes is very similar.

Metabolic syndrome (hypertension, obesity, diabetes, triglycerides, cholesterol), present in many type 2 patients, often hinders the award of complications to a specific pathology.

DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 10:33 a.m.

In these times thousands of ways have been discovered to be able to control diabetes I believe in particular that if we have a good control of the disease we will not have to worry about diabetes complications

carlosalvarez's profile photo
carlosalvarez
05/19/2014 1:45 a.m.

Hola me llamo carlos alvares y me gusta investigar sobre las dieta para diabeticos

@Carlosalvarez, as not much was treated in another post, many people are practically impossible, not due to lack of care, take better analyzes.

Hopefully science advances fast, yes, because you don't live very well knowing that all those things will happen to you.And it is its own responsibility, but also of the institutions, to lead us to the best achievements available instead of leaving each one to the Albur of a Funesto destination.Which is no longer a matter of science, but of political will.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/19/2014 5:09 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.