HELLO!!I am new in the forum

myriamm's profile photo   11/20/2010 5:40 a.m.

Hello everyone!!!I am Myriam and I am the mother of a 4 -year -old girl, who debuted six months ago.It is the first time that I register in a forum but the truth is that reading your comments some doubts have emerged and I have decided to enter.
I was surprised that your children even being so young already carry the bomb.How long did it take to put it from the debut?Isn't it complicated for them to take it?We still have the second revision with the endo the next week but they have never told us anything.The truth is that I am happy like this, the only thing I would like to get is the continuous glucose meter.I would be so happy with him ... !!!But it is so expensive ... Let's see when social security subsidizes it, even if it is the sensors
Well, for the moment I leave you.I will connect again.
By the way ... Is there someone from Pontevedra in the forum ???

myriamm's profile photo
myriamm
11/20/2010 5:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

hellooo
Welcome to the forum.
Normally the pump needs a learning of both diabetes and care for what is usually recommended when parents and/or patients are already autonomous in the control of the disease ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/21/2010 3:09 a.m.

Welcome to the Myriam forum !!!!.
According to our ancient endocrine, the ideal is that they leave the hospital with a bomb, after the debut, just as you learn a technique (click for me was a suffering) if you are a bomb candidate (not everyone is trained for it, and I amReferring to the management of it) you learn the handling of the bomb (Dr. Arroyo was a pioneer in new technologies), but it is normal to send you home with an injection pattern and later when they see the handlingGo opting for the bomb .... In any case I think that if you are interested you should go.
With respect to the continuous meter I can tell you from your own experience that it is great when it works well but also has its inconveniences, we in summer could not put it because it took off with sweat.I also recognize that it is too invasive, especially when placing it, then it seems that it does not bother so much, it seems that they commented that they were going to make smaller and more improved sensors but they still do not sell them, that I know.As advantages, it undoubtedly teaches us many behaviors and trends that facilitate the schedule to achieve greater stability.In some hospitals, like ours, the sensors subsidize us, I have no idea how the subject works in your area, but by asking nothing is lost.
Stop for the parents of parents and ask how much you need.
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/21/2010 5:47 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!!!
Thanks for your answer.I will tell the endocrine, both the bomb and the meter, which we have the review this Thursday.
Velia, what is the continuous meter you are using?I have been looking for information and those I have found is the Dexcom Seven and Guardian Real Time.
And another question regarding the pump.How do you bathe or in summer, on the beach or pool?

myriamm's profile photo
myriamm
11/21/2010 5:59 a.m.

Hi Myriam ... One thing, many endocrine are reluctant to the bomb, I no longer tell you to the meter theme, I would be well prepared to argue without disarming you.Believe me that some seem to pay them from your pocket.I hope that the "involved", which there are also a few.
We carry the Medtronic bomb and therefore the meter of the same house, is the real minilink.Guardian Real Time is the same but its receiver is not an insulin pump, but a speech similar to the bomb that only serves as a receiver and is used by people who use injection therapy.
The pump is linked to the body by a head and a catheter that is inserted subcutaneously, the catheter is attached to the skin with a dressing and hooks that cable that is disconnected for the shower or for the bathroom in summer.Obviously as long as it does not carry there is no active insulin in the body and if you are going to be disconnected more than 1 hour you must check the blood glucose and correct if necessary.There are several formulas depending on the disconnection time, of course for a shower nothing is done.
If you go through the pump section there is a thread called a continuous meter and the children, which I opened when they put the minilink, may help you understand something more about its operation.
Ask how much you want.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/21/2010 6:11 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

My endocrine, for example, is very reticent, I told him about the bomb and told me that until the "intelligent" bomb would not put it on me.This is something similar to arfing pancreas, the pump itself would take care of every moment of looking glycemia and apply itself how much insulin I need.

david29's profile photo
david29
11/22/2010 6:28 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Joer, David29, I hope you are not offended, but go faster than you have: shock :, shock:.What you have to invent in order not to spend time and learn ...:-/

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/23/2010 4:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.