{'en': 'Someone explains me ...?', 'es': 'Alguien me explica...¿?'} Image

Someone explains me ...?

María2542006's profile photo   11/20/2010 1:54 p.m.

Hello!I just wanted opinions and explanations about insulin bombs ... I consider putting it on or not in the future, but I have many doubts about the subject, I would appreciate someone to answer me :)

Do you have to take it day and night, right?

Does fast or slow insulin have?Or both?

How do you get and where?I have read that it goes for a catheter, but I suppose you would have to change every 3 days, right?

How is big?

Do you show you with the bomb or without it?

Are you subsidized by the SS or do you have to buy it?In that case how much do they cost more or less?

Where do you keep the pump, in your pants pocket for example?

What are the average levels you have carrying the pump?also tell me if you do diet, exercise, etc ...

I think I have no more doubts, if I have asked =)

Thanks in advance!greetings!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/20/2010 1:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

yes, day and night, 24 hours
Does fast or slow insulin have?Or both?
You only use with the fast insulin pump
How do you get and where?I have read that it goes for a catheter, but I suppose you would have to change every 3 days, right?
It is put in the same areas where you usually puncture with the bowling alley more or less, in gut, thighs, the high area of ​​the culete, and arms. Yes, more or less every 2-3 daysThe catheter-chart is changed
How is big?
Well, it's like a phone pack, or if you remember or knew it, like the ancient beaveper that had before leaving the mobile tfos, such as what the doctors carry.
Do you show you with the bomb or without it?
The pump cannot be wet, you disconnect it for the shower, and at the end, you connect it again. The cable, it is linked as by a kind of clamp to the cateter. Disconnects the cableAnd pump for that clamp, and leave the patch with the catheter, which if it can be wet. When you finish, plug the "clamp", and solved.
Are you subsidized by the SS or do you have to buy it?In that case how much do they cost more or less?
Yes, for Social Security if it is subsidized, although not in all hospitals they are very for the work of putting it on. If you go privately, a bomb is very expensive, about thousands of euros,plus monthly consumables, about 200-300 euros per month, more or less
You can save it in your pocket, in the case of women in the bra ... and now there are pages on the Internet where they do things to carry more comfortably (mini-riñoneras, harnesses, leagues ..And they don't notice anything)
What are the average levels you have carrying the pump?also tell me if you do diet, exercise, etc ...
I still can't answer this, since they put it for next month, but I know you have less ups and dotter than with the bowls ... obviously as long as as with everything, takean acceptable control

I think I have no more doubts, if I have asked =)

Thanks in advance!Greetings!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/21/2010 4:18 a.m.

Hello,

I answer you in what I can:

Do you have to take it day and night, right?

You have to take it all day, except for certain moments when you can/have to remove it: in the shower, if you have sex, if you bathe in beach or pool, if you exercise and see it necessary to take it away because you have hypos, certain daysIf you see that what you are, you cannot wear it (for example, if you go wedding with a stunning and adjusting dress and you do not know where to place it hehehej) .....

Do you carry fast or slow insulin?Or both?

It is ultra-drain insulin of duration of 2 or 3 hours.

How do you get and where?I have read that it goes for a catheter, but I suppose you would have to change every 3 days, no?

You have several elements:
- The needle (it is changed every 3 days) that is removed, and inside there is only one small plastic.It is hooked to the body with a park.I suppose it depends on the brand, but in my case they gave us an injector to facilitate placement.
- The catater that connects the needle with the pump (it changes every 6 days)
- The pump, where the insulin cartridge is changed every 6 days and is rechargeable.That is, you have an empty cartridge that loads it with an insulin ball and every 6 days you throw it and load a new one.Time will be modified depending on your insulin needs.In my case, at 6 days I still have insulin for 3 more, but also change it.
- The battery lasts approximately one month, the bomb warns you when it is about to finish.
- There are also two pieces that are changed every 2 months: the pile plug and the insulin cartridge cap.

How is great?

I guess you mean the pump.In my case (accouchek combo), it is like a mobile but wider (think the cartridge goes inside)

Do you show up with the bomb or without it?

Without it.Although it is waterproof, it is better not to wet her.

In my case (Catalonia) it is 100 %subsidized.Pump and materials.

I almost always carry it in my pants or skirt pocket.

They have improved in the sense that I no longer have beast hypoglycemia every day as before.I am more stable, but we are still regulating the levels of Basal and Bolus, so I cannot tell you that it goes well 100%.Of course, as before, the levels continue to depend on the control you have over diabetes.I do not diet, but as well, based on vegetables, fruit, cereals, chicken, fish ... and I do it at home without sugar, except for few occasions.I exercise 3 times a week and I have a rather active lifestyle.

Alé, what a roll I have released you.

All the best!

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/04/2010 11:22 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am vanesa and I put on the insulin bomb the combo yesterday, and the truth is that it gives me a lot of fear when I have to disconnect it ... the time you are not uploading the sugar?Why isn't I insulin by body, right?Someone who has experience please!: (((

vanesika's profile photo
vanesika
11/04/2016 3:42 p.m.

@Vanesika each is a world, but as a general rule they indicate that you can be up to an hour without a bomb and without problem, but it is proof and error in the end, it will depend on to disconnect and the time you are.Also ask your endocrine to tell you the guidelines in case you want to disconnect more time.
At first I was afraid like you, but you will not get everything, you will see !!The same if you have more doubts asks.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/04/2016 5:01 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thank you very much Gema!I hope so ... hehe I only have one day and I feel so strange ... I will disconnect later to shower but for now I will start by disconnecting only 10 min or 20 just in case ... hahaha gives me yuyu!Kisses and thanks for answering!It is appreciated being able to talk to people who share this common friend named Diabetes!: -H

vanesika's profile photo
vanesika
11/04/2016 5:06 p.m.

Joooope!What a roll of the pump, right?You have to change one thing every 3 days, every 6 another, every month another ... I want to put it for pregnancy but I didn't know it was so cognizage x_x

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/05/2016 12:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@vanesika
There are some disconnection guidelines that your endo should give you or try you.In the end this is error proof.If you disconnect for a while to shower for example, I do nothing.In 20 minutes, it will stop administering a very low dose of insulin.

It depends on the pump, in mine the piston rises every 3 minutes and is managed a little.

If it is more time (up to 3 hours), I attach a photo with the guidelines they usually give.In this case they put the entire dose before disconnecting, in other presentations I have seen that they put half before and half later.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/05/2016 10:02 a.m.

Thanks Alberto!It is that Tooodas arise the doubts suddenly, and although the opinion of the endocrine and the educator are very important I like and help to know the practical opinions of diabetics like me!: D

vanesika's profile photo
vanesika
11/05/2016 11:36 a.m.

Hi @vanesika I also wear the combo.When I disconnect more than half an hour I usually put on what the basal asks me.The canula every 3 days although sometimes I have it 4. The reservoir is so much to fill it for 6 or 7 days and I change it when 3 or 4 units have left.But at the beginning until Cojas practices, trust and do not have bubble problems do it as indicated.For me, being able to use different temporary profiles and basal together with a basal for every hour of the day was a great improvement and freedom.
I tell you how it works to me but it does not mean that you work better in another way.Take your time.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/05/2016 5:29 p.m.

If I need time to get used to the truth ... I go that I look like Robocop ... Thank you for your bundles!

vanesika's profile photo
vanesika
11/05/2016 6:27 p.m.

vanesika said:
If I need time to get used to the truth ... I go that I look like Robocop ... Thank you for your guns!

At first it is very important to have a lot of patience @vanesika.What you need a question woman without fear will always be someone here.
I think we all disconnect for the shower at least for that.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/05/2016 11:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hahaha if the truth is that I have to lose fear ... it's so different from bolis!I'll ask you asking you for several on there .. Thank you!

vanesika's profile photo
vanesika
11/05/2016 11:44 p.m.

@Vanesika as they told you is patience at the beginning, because you want not to you for you is a different insulin administration method than what you had, but neither more nor less, than the basis of how to control yourself or how your body acts nobody better than youKnow and go see.Come on zero, because in the end it is to use insulin as you have already done, but adding that it gives you the freedom to modify as @Carlos71 tells you and that you will carry a basal that will adapt at all times to what you need.
@nigiri If it is true that you should be aware of some things that you do not need to think, but we are summarizing to put every three days the new route is as simple as squeezing a button, every month to change a stack and every six days fill aInsulin cartridge.Alerts in the mobile and fixed !!Hahaha in the end you add it to your day to day like the bolis, the needles, the lancetas or change the sensor and at least for me it is worth the change, but since all that is very personal;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/06/2016 12:56 a.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Yes, if the most important thing is that my hemo from 8'1 came down because I would love to get pregnant this year!That is the purpose of putting the bomb apart from my health of clear ... it is time to get used to because these 2 days that make it I feel everything except free![-O <

vanesika's profile photo
vanesika
11/06/2016 1:01 a.m.

@Vanesika is that at first going with the cable and that hanging costs, I fight with the closet enough hahaha but little by little, that you will see how you are done an expert and you have everything better, I put it for what I put it forsame and after just over a year I have dropped from 7.8 to 5.7

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/06/2016 1:07 a.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Mine that little!And what glycemia do you usually have to have the hem so good?Uff I see it so distant ... I hope.And you keep the glucose in 120 for eg hours without going down and without eating?Because no ...

vanesika's profile photo
vanesika
11/06/2016 1:11 a.m.

@Vanesika at the beginning were not maintained either, I became goals to improve little by little.At first that it will not pass from 200 in post and in 120 before eating.Then I went down goals and little by little you would arrive.
I have better days and worse days like everyone else, but I do not press yourself at this time, it is not to put the bomb and now, at first they will adjust basal and you will see that you will gradually reach the goal that they ask you for pregnancy, we have all passedFor the same and mothers with diabetes there is more than one.Get through the thread of diabetes and pregnancy that I have learned a lot from the experience of others.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/06/2016 1:29 a.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.