consult some attention to the diabetic only

noelia2004's profile photo   11/24/2010 5:28 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I follow your forum that is of great help and encouragement sometimes, I am not diabetics but my mother who died last year was type 2 and my brother is the type1.
My brother is 40 years old and always lived with my parents, but as with my father they are missing, and with me as I live with my partner he does not want to come to live.
So he is looking for an apartment to live alone, since he was looking for a person who had his same or similar circumstances and did not find him.
And I am dying, because some night they have given him very strong hypoglycemia that hits his face, etc. and we have put glacamon and called to the ICU, and then he does not remember.
I am welcomed.
Isn't there anything for people who live alone?I don't know .Telecare, guardians, or with other people in the same case, etc?

noelia2004's profile photo
noelia2004
11/24/2010 5:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

May I know, and unless I had any recognized disability, I don't think there is anything you say.
The telecare would serve little.Perhaps a continuous glycemia meter was more useful, with alarm in case of hypoglycemia.That would make the alarm notify him in time to react and take something.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 8:36 a.m.

Thanks alea for answering.
He has a 33% disqualia because he also has Adison's disease, and the last time we went to the endocrine they gave him a cholesterol pal pill.
What is a continuous glycemia meter, with alarm in case of hypoglycemia? Where can you find?
Thanks, greetings

noelia2004
11/25/2010 11:05 a.m.

Hi Noelia .... and how control your brother does?Have you received diabetological education?What treatment do you have?To try to avoid them.
The continuous meter is a device that measures glucceia every few minutes and presents the results on a screen in which they can be observed apart from the aforementioned values, their trends and the intensity of up or down ... as it saysAlea can be programmed alarms that let you know whether blood glucose rises or lowThat time), as of the sensors you use (about € 60 per sensor that would last approx. 1 week) .... in some hospitals consumables are financed.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/25/2010 12:45 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Noelia, where do you live?
In Valencia, there is a telecare service consisting that the dependent person who lives alone has a command, when he has an emergency presses and automatically generates a warning to the emergency service that coordinates the Red Cross, they call by telephone to make sure that it is notAn error and according to the emergency send an ambulance.

Normally this service is granted through the Dependency Law ... to people who live alone and with a high degree of dependency

DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 3:37 p.m.

My brother has diabetes for 12 years to be detected, but strong nightly nocturnal hypoglycemia passed him between these last 5 years.
He has been in the hospital admitted to control the diabetes and they have not been able to.
We are from Asturias.
I did not know that the continuous meter existed must be very useful, but the price is barbaric.Do not give help to buy it?
Thank you all.

All the best.

noelia2004
11/26/2010 10:56 a.m.

Noelia, we are also in Asturias, specifically Llanes.What hospital do you take your brother?Who is your endocrine?
My daughter has put the bomb in the HUCA, and have an excellent team of endocrine.
Health

DiabetesForo
11/26/2010 11:07 a.m.

We are from Gijón, so we go to the hospital of Cabueñes, and the endocrine that touches us is dr Prieto.But the truth is that we are going every six months and the last times we were were different endocrine.
The last time, I asked the endocrine that touched us in question, if it was better to put the insulin pump because as it is uncontrolled so much, and I answer that it is the same as puncturing only injecting it into the pump, but hey does not bothera lot.
All the best.

noelia2004
11/28/2010 4:54 p.m.

I took my daughter for a couple of years to Gijón, Cabueñes (it is a long history) and there I tended it just dr.Prieto, who is the Head of Service.He is a short, friendly and few words.Celia did not want to put the bomb, because she did many nonsense.However, I think it is the endocrine that puts more bombs in Cabueñes.Another thing is that you want.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/29/2010 1 p.m.

If you live alone, is it better and more controlled to have a pump than to have pen insulin lantus (the slow one) and Humalog Mix (the rapid)?

noelia2004
11/30/2010 5:45 p.m.

The bomb is much better if it is involved in its handling and knows how to take advantage of it.With the pump you have to be more pending and value many parameters, although it allows, if it is handled well, greater freedom and versatility in the treatment.

When you say Humalog Mix as fast, I suppose it will be a mistake and you wanted to simply Humalog.The mix is ​​not fast, but a mixture of slow and fast that I doubt it is used as fast.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 7:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.