Medtronic / Bayer Contour Next Link

mikeinspain's profile photo   09/07/2012 5:02 a.m.

Hello everyone

I'm not sure if you've seen this from Medtronic.It has been presented in the US, but I thought I was going to publish a link here.

Bayer Contour Next Link is now a Medtronic Standard
Link ... ronic.html

I am trying to find out if this will be available in Spain soon!Hopefully yes!

I'm sorry if there are some mistakes with my Spanish, I'm trying to learn.

Greetings, Mike

mikeinspain's profile photo
mikeinspain
09/07/2012 5:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Mike

In Spain, the Contour Link glucometer already communicates with the pump and with the continuous meter, but so far it only communicates the results of the blood glucose through radiofrequency to any of the 2 devices (Medtronic's pump or continuous sensor)

The new version that you tell us (Contour Next Link) seems that from the same glucometer you can order the bolus to the pump ...

Here we had some comments on low reliability in the glycemia results of the contour link:

I read somewhere that Medtronic was thinking of buying the Bayer Diabetes Division.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/07/2012 1:01 p.m.

Oh!Owash, I hope you say and the glucometer serves as a "remote control" but I read the news in English, and I think it's not about that (although to trust my English: Mrgreen:), I think it's the same glucometerthat the USB contour but that transmits to the bomb just like the contour link.It is smaller, more modern, it has light, colors, USB connection and that ... a glucometer.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/07/2012 5:34 p.m.

Well, you're right and I understood badly ... Then it would be the contaur USB but connected to a pump and sensor, without further performance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/08/2012 5:32 a.m.

I sent an email to Bayer and they told me that they had no idea when I would arrive in Spain,
As I have been able to read right now in the news of MikeinsPain says that it is compatible with the
Minimed Paradigm Real-Time Revel, and for the moment in Spain the Revel has not arrived,
The last one we have is the I see.So I will arrive when the pump Revel I imagine, and I think
I did not serve as a remote control but it is like the contour link but more modern for a bomb
More modern hehe

noelia's profile photo
noelia
10/10/2012 5:24 p.m.

I have just been provided with the Coutour Next USB: D I get home (so happy to release a new apparatus) I configure but the surprise is that when I put a strip the boat that I have open tells me tira does not validate and I: shock: they justTo say that if it is worth then I look at the box and put "only for Next strips" have I gone to see?And they have told me that they have been given to be given to us
I wonder what will happen;that they will change the strips or that they did not know what to do with the things they had in the warehouse, or that they will stop Suminsitra that type of strips as I have read in another place in this forum .....
By the way I thought it communicated with the bomb but not because it is not "link":-/

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/30/2013 8:18 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Hello everyone

I do not find out, but those who wear the Medtronic pump do not have the glucometer Q at the same time that calculates the dose of insulin sends the order via bluethoot to the pump to inject it?

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/30/2013 8:47 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Not only sends the result of blood glucose and it is not for Bluetooth is on radiofrequency or something like this.
If I had echoed, I was thinking about a smaller and smaller glucometer compatible with the pump.The strip is put, which does not illuminate much) but to see how you click your finger in the dark the only thing that I have achieved is a prick for alternative places and ask for a long time it is something else that I use it

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/30/2013 9:53 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.