Just a small fast unit ...

notmy's profile photo   09/26/2012 11:20 a.m.

Hello!: D
I am currently injecting 22 you.Lantus newspapers in the morning, and I barely need a novorapid unit for breakfast or lunch (almost never in both) to maintain almost perfect glycemia.I am only 17 years old (I mean, I am young) and I was wondering if there is any pill (perhaps metformin?) That it helped me to eliminate that small fast unit that the push gives me to be well all day.I have tried suit (I still have an activity of the 0.3 peptide) but it does not seem to help much (although sometimes it seems yes).

PS: It seems that I have incredible sensitivity with the novorapid.As soon as I do a little sport, if I have taken fast insulin that day, they give me downs.

Do you think of something or pursue a chimera?:)

Greetings.

notmy's profile photo
notmy
09/26/2012 11:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I doubt that metformin helps you something, if you had overweight and insulin resistance because maybe ...
Nor does it have a logic that makes you effect ... more than anything because it stimulates insulin production (0.3 peptide C is to be below normal values, so little can be left ...)
Both may have an effect on the reduction of liver glucose production ... but little effect on insulin sensitivity.

And you have no sensitivity to Lantus?
22 units is already a good amount for a normal weight ...

Maybe you can have labile diabetes, but it clashes that amount of lantus ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/26/2012 2:24 p.m.

Yes, it is rare to need 22 units.Insulin, especially because I have a BMI of 19 (very thin) but I always have many nerves (which may affect blood glucose).Can it be typical hormonal changes of age?

My diabetes is not labile :)) In fact, I have always been quite stable, except when I am sick (normal)

notmy's profile photo
notmy
09/26/2012 4:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.