Attention and memory deficit

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/28/2012 5:18 p.m.

Hello again,
I have in my head for a while, consult you that I am going to expose you, but so far I have not decided.
I have been diagnosed for 2 years, and for approximately one, I notice a lack of attention and memory, which in some cases states the incomprehensible :?.It is not that it has always been a lynx, but it is true that I have noticed what is called "misguided" and of more consideration, than what had so far been common.

I usually reason saying that there are many things that I have in my head, but I have the doubt of whether this disease will have something to do with the neuronal loss in those areas.If you know something, you already tell me.

Greetings and thanks.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/28/2012 5:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In people with diabetes, deterioration, in this neuronal case, is always related to glycemic control.
All studies that are done on complications always end up pointing to glycemic control as the most important variable.

The brain has, like all organs, many veins and arteries, very vascularized, so it is another possible focus of complications.

A neuronal deterioration as evident as the one you mention should not be caused by an evolution of 2 years of your diabetes ... neither by hippers nor by hypos maintained.
Except for extreme cases of hypoglycemic coma or coma due to ketoacidosis.

A usual characteristic that we have almost all is to point with the accusing finger to diabetes, of many of the things that happen to us, that we feel or that happen to us.
It is logical, we pay so much attention to blood glucose, to the sensations of our body, how we feel, to the surveillance of hypos or hypers ... that we end up unintentionally putting diabetes in anything, even if it is notrelated

In my opinion, the study on the neuronal deterioration of diabetes is one of the weakest aspects of current knowledge in the field of diabetology.
I think there are very few real data, very few studies and it is difficult to investigate this field.
Let's not forget that insulin has been applied for 90 years and that modern insulins ( + pumps + meters) barely have a 20 -year route.
In type 2, it is another story.First for the huge number of people without diagnosing and second by the huge number of people who carry their disease poorly controlled (easily above 70% they have a glycosilada & GT; 7.5%)

To end this brick, in my opinion, hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia are not the direct causes of brain dysfunctions, rather they would be assistants of oxidative stress or underlying pathologies that are magnified.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2012 7:24 a.m.

From "brick" nothing, it has been the most instructive.I think the same as you, since for 2 years I am "hypervigilant" with everything I feel in my body.And I haven't had either comas either.
I had the doubt, if being something low, without reaching the extreme before eating time, and that this could lead to some type of long -term deterioration.I suppose that certainty is almost impossible to take it, taking into account the point where the investigation of this disease is now.

thank you.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2012 8:22 a.m.

My opinion is that diabetes having to be controlled by "sensations" and not by any "100% smart device" produces mental disorders due to the problems of this hypervigilance behavior.Obsessive neurosis and depression (like any chronic patient).

That for behavior.Organically I think that the evolution of cognitive impairment is clear.What happens is that as it happens with other diseases, it is attributed to the deterioration of age, for example of Hosea diseases.For me a hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia even if it is slight, it produces a mental shock that prevents simple tasks such as reading.My lack of memory is permanent so much that my relatives should riot.Much of my metabolic lack of control was because I forgot the doses that put me at the 2 minutes of putting it on.Thank God the bomb keeps everything.

In my case my evolution in cognitive impairment is clearly progressive and already quite important.
My educator says that the abrupt changes of blood glucose only because of change produces that neurons go crazy, and that it is very important to avoid those changes.

But until you are left without identity or have some important and irreversible disorder they will tell you that that is slight.
I of course also medical for this.

In short, this issue touches me the "fiber" since the mind is our first form of survival, and it is going to pique before other things.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2012 5:39 a.m.

The issue is to demonstrate, scientifically, that diabetes is a decisive factor for neuronal deterioration.
Therefore, I repeat, that neuronal deterioration is perhaps the greatest unknown within diabetology.

Could the number of dead neurons be measured because of hypoglycemia?
And where about the brain?Because the prefrontal lobe is not the same, than in the hypothalamus ...
Is there always loss in the same area?If so, why?
Are there individual differences? Maybe sex differences?

A slight or moderate memory loss has been demonstrated in patients with diabetes suffering from hypoglycemia
For example:

In that study, they choose 16 patients (very small sample) and measure performance of different types of memory (short term, working memory ...) in all results clearly below the average, which would be normal ... always measured during hypoglycemia

What happens when it turns to normal values?
Well, there are probably no significant differences, beyond normal deterioration caused by age, and in any case by glycemic control (glycosylated+glycemic excursions)

Although the study that links is done with a simple blind (the patient does not know what the study is for), let's imagine what it costs to convince someone to put him in a situation of hypoglycemia and measure according to what things ... let's not talk about putting itIn a cerebral scner or a tac

DiabetesForo
10/13/2012 7:11 a.m.

It happens to me that lately I have a lack of attention and I am slower in assimilating things I don't know if it will have to do or not but it also happens to me

Ali923's profile photo
Ali923
10/26/2015 8:59 p.m.

It also happened to me not to remember the insu units that I had put on, even if I had the insulin, it was so much the concern I had for these memory losses that I asked the endocrine to visit me a neurologist, and A SinThey did a question exam and the result was, that we had many things in our heads and we collapsed, the reuruso told me that she with how young she is has to sign up all things.

Joaken's profile photo
Joaken
11/02/2015 1 a.m.

Thanks to everyone, you leave more transkila

Ali923's profile photo
Ali923
11/02/2015 11:38 p.m.

@Ali923, when you have a big concern, memory fails a lot.Do not concentrate ..., but if they are needed anxioly, they are taken, that at low dose nothing happens

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/02/2015 11:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think that happened to us all ever.We go and be at work and say that I have forgotten to put the insulin because it has begun to climb.Puffff of those in 28 years a few.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/06/2015 1:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Not to remember whether I have put the lantus and tell you how many times and in doubt not knowing whether or not to get buffffffff !!

And of people without diabetes who do not remember anything and you have to be constantly remembering names, streets, labor issues, birthdays etc ...

Don't worry !!;;)

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/06/2015 2:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.