ACCU-Chek Aviva (problems!)

tica's profile photo   10/03/2012 4:09 a.m.

Someone more gives this meter problems, I am convinced that they are the strips.A few months ago he gave me a lot

Two examples:
Yesterday before eating the continuous meter I marked 62. Sensation of a soft hypoglycemia.The glucometer marks me 42, I am scared, I make another analysis 58 (in one case I run, in another I take something but without much stress)
Now, then breakfast.The continuous meter marks me 160. Normal sensation.The glucometer marks me 199, I correct myself with 3 units (1 unit lowers me 32 and I still have some active insulin).I hope a minute and I look again because I didn't just believe my figure.It marks 140, in this case or I would not have corrected me or at most with a unit.I'll eat in a while ...

If I call the technical service, it will tell me that it has a margin of error of 20% and that all the figures enter that margin, that it is most likely that it was neither at 190 nor ha 140, but to 170 (in this way it gives us aMargin of 204 - 136) and with hypoglycemia the same, but they do not tease me, these figures make no sense ....

tica's profile photo
tica
10/03/2012 4:09 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica
I always use Acu-Check glucos and the truth is that they always work very well, the measurements seem quite accurate and I think their strips have a quick absorption and need little blood.Among different brands of brands give different results.
When I started they gave me to try Bayer brand and I at that time used the accu-check.There were 40 point differences between them and I became very nervous because between 60 or 100 the thing changed.I will always remember an advice they gave me in the forum.-Do not become obsessed, just use the one you like and guide you-of course I stay with accu-check bayer a disaster.
Hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/03/2012 5:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The problem is that you calculate only the insulin for the pump, and if I was with another one month, but it is so comfortable that I put you just one click the corresponding bolus ....
The problem is that I am pregnant, I have to go as tight as possible, but every day the sugar does what he wants and I do about 10 analysis in a row.I still believe that they are very large differences to accept them "normal"

tica's profile photo
tica
10/03/2012 5:36 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, your calm, that, being a few days out of control to the baby, it does not harm him ...., the worst would be like this months, and months, but ...
It is not your case, with the Glukometers UF passes the same as with everything ..., one day the insulin for the bubble or because it is cold or me that is less or no effect.
The imo -emerging one is to realize on time, he chose a few days ..., I had the test and I was 560 my mother, I got nervous ..., of being well, I felt dizziness and everything and shicological theme
I wash my hands thoroughly something I did before but ,,, I hize again and na .. 142, what was it evido?That if I gave me an insulin chute that you don't see ..
If scheme ..., it is best to have two glucometers, in case one says a barbarity to try another ... equal, even if you carry the continuous meter, check with ,,, a glucometer
From hand, to, I had one the figures were always bad, I went to the doctor, he showed it to the nurse and compared it to his, and nothing gave me a new one,

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/03/2012 8:21 a.m.

Ethics, 20% is only when blood glucose exceeds 75mg/dl ... and is not completely true.

The ISO standard marks that 95% of the results of a hair glycemia of a glucometer must fall masmens 15 mg/dl with respect to venous blood glucose ... In the case of being less than 75mg/dl
And in case of exceeding 75 is when 20% is applied
But that only applies to standardize the glucometer to the norm.

There are glycemia that fall outside that range (regression curve) for whatever (many reasons can be or simply malfunction in that measurement).

In your case, the hypo may be out of rank ... It is normal for low figures to accuracy and accuracy increased more normal that with high glycems the lag is greater.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/03/2012 12:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.