News at ABC

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/04/2012 3:40 a.m.

The truth is that as news is little news.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/04/2012 3:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Gara,

I ratify what you say (and I am a journalist).That headline or has put a fellow to which they have made writing news to fill or someone has paid the news ...
I am a diabetic for 14 years and then news appeared with messages: "You have to move forward", "slow the impact within a few years", "in ten years there will be transplants", etc.But in most news it seems that they don't find out what the story is about.There is a confusing message.It seems that he does not understand who writes so that the reader doesn't even tell you.
As it is not possible that any journalist who writes health has not realized that diabetes information is the same year after year, I have no hope that the thing will ever improve.Well, laboratories will get better products, etc.But from there the priest really advances, I see it impossible.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
10/04/2012 4:43 a.m.

It usually happens with the news that we are excited and then nothing ... I remember that the Minister of Health Ana Pastor said that insulin bombs for all type 1 diabetics
And of that nothing ..., insulin bombs for those who want to buy them and on the authorization of the endocrine, and if they are free according to where you live, because in each town, city
Or wherever, there are not the health centers with the same economy, here in Andalusia this thing is fatal and they do not give in account drops, and the other advances like Pancreas
Artificial and others ...! I hope to see it with my own eyes!Well, as they go so slowly, ...

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/04/2012 8:38 a.m.

It is a news sponsored by Lifescan ... they expressly name a glucometer from you.
Too bad they forget to mention that the Spanish Diabetes Society does not advise to measure most people with diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/04/2012 1:31 p.m.

Despite not mentioning thirst, it is already recognized that the " administration " is not implied as much as it should.

If the forecast of the International Diabetes Federation is fulfilled, which estimates for 2025 in Europe, 9.8 (almost 10% of the diabetic population), it would be very burdensome for any public health system.

If we talk about America (USA) where obesity indices grow every year, the same in developing countries, in a few years diabetes will be little less than a pandemic, I think it is a weight of weight, so that it isUse all resources in looking for a cure.

I sincerely believe that there will be a solution, not only for diabetes, also for other diseases, with the current media I see it more than possible.

Greetings to the forum!:)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
10/04/2012 9:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.