With what hemo level is you considered to have diabetes?

Quim's profile photo   10/04/2012 5:26 a.m.

Well that is the question without further ado.In the last revision they made to my father, a 7th hem came out of 7. They tell him that he is in the limits for type 2 diabetes but if he does not take more weight and exercise at the moment they will not give him any type of treatment.Genetically sooner or later it will have that my grandfather is type 2.

Does this really say it can be like that?It is also hypertensive….Being type 1 I have better hemo 6.8 :?.I do not know if I would have to ask in another center if you need any type of additional aid type pill.

Thank you very much for reading me.Quim hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/04/2012 5:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it will be no, almost certain.
There are always exceptions.

A link:

Above 6.5% glycosilada is considered diabetes, it must be confirmed with fasting glycemia or glucose oral overload.
In cases of very advanced ages (+85 or 90 years) or terminal patients, a glyd of 7%could be acceptable ... more than anything because changes and restrictions could be worse or contribute worse quality of life.

As I suppose, and I wish, it will not be the case of your father ... Well, you better consult a doctor interested in treating him and not to give him a pamphlet taken from the drawer (which is what I have often seen the doctors of header) doctors).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/04/2012 12:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.