Hipp with loss of consciousness

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/05/2012 4:26 p.m.

That is what happened to me today and I still don't understand why.At 9:30, I like a chocolate croissant from 90 step a time to 174 by clicking 0.5 x 2 units of carbohydrates.What is very little but I kiss it knowing that I was going to be on the street moving.I correct myself again with another 0.5 insulin unit and about 12:20 I fall into the tram.I reacted taking dextroxa but I fell even if I reanimited a few seconds as they told me.It is the first time something like that happens to me and I hope I have not to relive it.I really spent so much time without eating and to faint?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/05/2012 4:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It may be that the correction has joined physical activity and has made you more effect than other times.The important thing is that nothing serious happened to you and that you see how insulin can affect you.It is safer not to corrected below 180, if you are full street .. do not take fear for that.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/05/2012 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Have you ruled out that it was another cause?
A lipotimia, a tension drop ...

Did you glymia when recovering knowledge?

It is rare that you will not notice anything, such a decrease should you notice that comes, unless you did not attend to the usual stimuli of your hypos (for the cause that was).

It happened to me for 1 time, I fainted without any cause, about 3 seconds, I almost didn't give time to fall ... I immediately ate everything I was wearing (cookies, glucose) and I measured, I was 120 masmenos.
I packed it on a decrease in tension ... It has never happened to me again.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2012 4:52 p.m.

When I could measure myself, I was 77 after eating fast and slow carbohydrates, 2 units.

DiabetesForo
10/06/2012 2:38 a.m.

Have you taken into account pregnancy?In the first trimester I had impressive hypoglycemia that I had never had in all years of diabetes, I had glycemia by up to 29 but without losing consciousness.While in 50 I was so normal and clear, from there to 30 there is a step.Already in the second trimester I have once again had symptoms with 60 glycemia.
And some other tension descent I have also had, but the symptoms are a bit different, it is like a weakness that suddenly enters you although the first time I confused it with a hypo.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
10/07/2012 7:47 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

My opinion is that it was not a hypo.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/09/2012 11:18 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.