INTERNANT SUBJECT I NEED PRACTICAL OPINIONS

cronista's profile photo   10/10/2012 8:19 p.m.

greetings one more to the world of diabetes
I present myself, I am Fran aka (chronicler) I am from Barcelona Anque Mañico by birth I am 56 years old and said.
I wanted to ask one thing makes me inject insulin for a week but I have panicoo to the prick to the fingers my question is, today I rub my thigh that has been put red once it is red punctured me there and I have left the drop of bloodAt the moment ... my question is the same?Total that more gives a drop of blood on one side or another or not?
Greetings: Mrgreen:

cronista's profile photo
cronista
10/10/2012 8:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The advantage of clicking on your fingers is that you can measure any site, and the measure is more accurate.With insulin it is convenient to measure before and after meals and if there are symptoms of hypoglycemia.If you put the prick at least, it hardly hurts and your fingers get used to.Of course, you have to rotate your fingers and the area, wash your hands a lot and change the lancets often.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/11/2012 5:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Click on the side of the finger, hurts less.

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
10/12/2012 4:29 a.m.

The glucometers are designed to measure the blood extracted from the fingers, use blood extracted from other parts not completely invalidated the results, but there may be large differences with respect to reality.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/13/2012 7:14 a.m.

well already expected what is the question and proven a few times to prick at the same time in my fingers and the thigh and the result is the same varies some tenth ...I say for those who want to provise it, I have the fingers sensitive to the first punctures on the thighs, you also put it at the minimum when you have the red zora (rub the area or tighten with two fingers as a clamp of the clothes)And I do very well ... Greetings chronicist

cronista's profile photo
cronista
10/13/2012 2:51 p.m.

I can't stand the puncture on my fingers is superior to me ...

cronista's profile photo
cronista
07/22/2013 5:20 p.m.

Have you tried some continuous glucose monitor?, Does not eliminate the punctures but reduces them a lot, I now use the Dexcom G4 and with 2 punctures a day is enough.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/22/2013 5:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.