Manifest or not manifest

ray-ban's profile photo   10/16/2012 7:22 p.m.

Good to all
This is a subject perhaps similar to the 'Panico in the restaurant' and above all he wanted personal advice and opinions on the following issue.
As you face situations in which you have to decide whether to say that you have diabetes or not or if you click with naturalness and indifference to people you just met, friends or unknown people.You think it is better not to have any repair to say it (or to puncture) even though they are people who just met (and you do not want to cause a strange impression by taking out a ball and clicking you) or trying to avoid saying it unless it is necessary.And if you, what you do most is to tell people a few days later, taking out the subject a little, which you have diabetes.
I wanted to know your experience in this dilemma that is better to say it (with a lot of value) or try to hide it.That I have been better or recommend.
Thank you.

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
10/16/2012 7:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Recommend (from experience) arm yourself with value and manifest yourself giving the situation without any repair of anything, or scratch your head so much (which is not so much) ...

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
10/16/2012 7:24 p.m.

It is best to deal with the subject with the greatest naturalness.People are going to give only the importance that you give it, or much less, because they do not usually know the problem of control, they think that everything is much easier ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/16/2012 8:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The situation is manifesting or not depending on the situation and above all of you, the one to prick in the public, I will tell an anecdote we were a few diabetics in Holy Week in a "concentration" that there was in a town in Avila Casavieja, by the way it wasThe 2nd to the first was not, in addition to the group of diabetics there was a group of Boyscouts or as told, and those responsible for the shelter told us that if we could be punctured from the rooms.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
10/16/2012 8:38 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

I think as a regina, naturally.I have never hidden, because as I do nothing wrong:-/.If I have to measure the glucose I take out my glucometer and measure me, if they ask me I answer and voila.We have diabetes, we do not spread anything, we are not stinking, we simply have diabetes, I don't understand why I have to hide from anyone .....: Shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/17/2012 4:30 a.m.

Hello everyone,
Well, I'm one of those who cost them ...
It has always cost me to say it although it is true that once people do not give it importance.My family and friends know it but if I just met someone I don't count it.Basically because that person does not tell me if he has hemorrhoids, to say.

About clicking I always try to go to the bathroom.If there is no, I do it on the street but try to be discreet.I don't hide but I don't get people's attention either as if it were a show.People wash their teeth in the sink, right?Well, to me clicking insulin is a private thing.At home I do naturally but I am in a restaurant I prefer to go to the bathroom.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
10/17/2012 6:26 a.m.

Everything is a matter of naturalness and common sense.That if the subject comes out because I say that the subject does not come out because I say nothing.Click on where I get caught, in the sink, they disgust my public toilets ... It is simply to do what you feel like and not think about it.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/17/2012 9:20 a.m.

I don't hide.I measure myself and click where I touch and so far I have not noticed any kind of rejection.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/17/2012 1:21 p.m.

It depends on many things, how each person is in their way of being more shy, shameful, insecure, when debuting, in the place where it has been raised from the diagnosis, etc ... I am the opposite of whatHere they expose.My family and point know, nor my friends now, those before if they knew more than anything because we were from the same place, but those already lost them and those of now do not know, in my work they do not know, nor bosses nor bossesNo companions.In person I have a hard time saying it, I must have or acquire a lot of confidence to tell, by means of a means like this the curious thing is that I say it without more, it is the advantage of being behind a monitor.I debut with 12 years, in a tiny population site where we all knew each other, where if someone wearing glasses already had nickname, etc .. all that and my non-compression of the disease and why, it made me re-convert myself,To be more reserved, introverted, distrustful, fearful and insecure, to think that it would be the weird bug, that it would be easy to see it as a weakness, feel rejected and the questioning that girl would love me (I had enough to be ugly and that nowAlso this), all that marked my adolescence, with the adult to adult phase I do not change the thing much, but if I get worse I began to disregard my friendships to let time pass until they diluted, stop leaving (no longer no longerThere were who) and focused on just exercising (in the gym thought he lived there), the friendships that I have now have their lives formed, their children and their girlfriends/women, I only enjoy their happiness on the occasions that weWe see.So my recommendation is that you take good note of these knew people who have advised you very rightly and don't be one like me.On the issue of measurements and punctures is the privacy of each one, as you will have guessed I would be unable to do so in public, but that is the trust you have, the modestYour privacy.But the people who have advised you in an appropriate way is to the one to thank that many of the people who are not diabetic do not see us as a show when we have to measure or click.I think everything is said, now you choose

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/25/2015 5:20 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I am very reserved and I do not like to tell my life: neither positive things, much less the negative.Unless it is someone very close to me, I do not confess my diabetes or under torture.The medical data is confidential, I do not see normal to proclaim them, but there each ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/25/2015 5:39 p.m.

If the subject comes out, I will say it or not when I click, I do not usually notify my diabetes.I treat it as a pill is taken.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
08/25/2015 6:12 p.m.

Well, as I sugage and roar, I don't tell it first, for the same thing as sugared, they don't tell me hello I call me menganito and I have 3 hemorrhoids and gingivitis in the gums ... Well, the same thing, nobody cares about whatThat you have or stop having and less people who do not even see them again or with which they do not quave and you have to eat them with potatoes every day.
Then according to the relationship I have with that person I do (he has to be quite narrow) and click, in the bathI respect others, not everyone likes to see another click.
Luvi, I understand you perfectly with the people and the motes, who has glasses is the gapotas, and the one who are fat don pin, so going from saying it and at work like roar, or dead, that nobody tells meHis, with which this summer I took a gastroonth and at 2 weeks I gave me an allergy and I skipped the cleanliness, forgive to tell you, do not bother yourself ... but you are very young to be like this ....

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/25/2015 7:20 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Ajajjaajjaja I give me with the simplicity of your comment @Gala, but you are right about that it is and more when the Olympic sport where more medals give in this country is that of the gossip, we would take all the steps hahahaha.It is clear that you are not going to say it first, nor do I think it is recommended if it is going to be something casual, instant or of short duration, then it will depend on the relationship/trust you are acquiring with that person.The work because it depends on each one, on the self -control that he has of himself and how his body reacts to our dreaded hypoglycemia enemy, can be counted in peace of whether something happens to us that they know how to act or not, to the taste of the consumer (II am one of those who do not, but it does not mean that it is right or not).I only remember once said to a newly known person, it was in a Getafe parties and it was because the girl in question was diabetic, it was little use because for once I sincere and we arise with value to say it was thought that theI was hesitation and I didn't take it very well hahahahahaha.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/25/2015 7:59 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

gala said:
They don't tell me hello my name and I have 3 hemorrhoids and gingitis in the gums ...

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/25/2015 11:10 p.m.

Anyway, diabetes is a sickness caxa more growing, and since everyone knows Belén Esteban, they no longer give it more importance ..
And now with the bolis, if you cover a little with the tablecloth and ymte you click on the gut, or find out ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2015 2:08 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

frequent

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2015 2:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.