Hi, type 2 diabetic, volume Dianben 850

MACario's profile photo   01/01/2011 10:38 a.m.

Hello, four years ago they detected that I am type II diabetic.Volume Dianben 850 morning and night and I try not to ingest sugar.These parties have had double vision problems and the ophthalmologist blames it to diabetes, although I have not committed great abuses at these parties.The endocrine controls me with analysis once a year, maybe it's too little.I would like you to recommend how to control the sugar more usually.I have seen that they sell devices to measure sugar but I do not know the issue.I would also like you to advise me about the different foods I can take.For example, fructose, added sugar juices (although reading the composition appears that it has sugar).I would also like advice on bread and pasta because I have read that sugar rises a lot.The truth is that the double vision has scared me a lot and I want to take it more seriously but I don't know how.I travel continuously and usually make all meals away from home.My endocrine puts me a regime that is impossible to continue eating away from home.That is why I would be interested in knowing meals that I can eat and are usually in restaurants.
Thanks in advance

MACario's profile photo
MACario
01/01/2011 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, macario.To start, I do not know much of diabetes but I will start saying that it seems to me a real aberration that have not given you a glucometer (the device to measure the level of blood glucose) so that you can measure yourself and know what levelsare.Even if you are type II, a single analysis per year I see it very insufficient.

As for food, you have to keep in mind that juices and other foods "without sugar", what they do not carry are added sugars but naturally present sugars;Therefore, you must be careful with that, since an added food without added sugars can raise the glucose level equally ... Personally, I usually take sugar -free juices and do not raise the levels significantly but that will depend on the quantity and theMoment of the day (if you accompany it with more food or not ...), for example.

Pasta and bread rise a lot because they are carbohydrates.All carbohydrates (or carbohydrates) rise glucose levels.Other common carbohydrates are rice, chestnuts (which are usually consumed at these parties), flour (hence bread and masses usually climb glucose), etc.

On the other hand, many people (I include myself) are out of control of the levels when we eat outside.So, either you try to follow the diet that your endocrine tells you despite eating out of home, or you rethink the eating outside (although I understand that it will be for work issue, right?).Anyway, that's yours ...

I hope I have served you.I would advise you to talk to your endocrine as soon as possible and tell you that you would need more controls and a glucometer for you ... greetings;)

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
01/01/2011 10:50 a.m.

Hello Macario
Welcome to the club

Vision problems may or may not be related to diabetes ... It depends on the pathology you have, usually if it is a retinal problem and have been evolving for years that it is likely to do ... but it is a DMAE,For example ... it doesn't have much to do.

That the endocrine controls you, being type 2, it is a luck ... it is much more than most patients type 2 in Spain, at least, those who have no complication.
Perhaps you should complement it with another 2 or 3 complete analytics by the header doctor ... especially that they control your weight, glycosylated hemoglobin, cholesterol, triglycerides, tension ... 1 time a year, at least they should check eyes,feet and kidney.

As for monitoring the glycemia, taking Dianben, it will not give you great information to monitor your diabetes;The best in your case would be to make a profile once a month.
1 Profile is to make 1 glycemia a day in a staggered way: on Monday just before breakfast, on Tuesday 2 hours after breakfast, Wednesday just before eating, Thursday 2 hours after eating, Friday just before dinner, theSaturday 2 hours after dinner and Sunday at 2-3 early.
This gives you information about how your body and pharmacists work throughout the day.
Together with the analytics that I have put above is what will give you all the information you need to control your illness.

Glucometers usually facilitate them for free endocrine, headmates, nurses or even pharmacies.The strips are usually prescribed by the header doctor ... although now we are in a dynamics in which type 2, which do not have insulin, are not prescribed by reactive strips for the glucometer.

To eat out of home, I follow the "instinct": eat more vegetables than carbohydrates (bread, pasta, fruit, flours), more fish than meat and not abuse drinks of any kind, except water.
Fructose rises glycemia, moderately, but glycemia rises ... let's not forget that it is the "sugar" that carries the fruit.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2011 6:10 a.m.

Thanks for the answers.
I travel for work and I can't stop doing it total that I have to eat out.The insurance doctor goes quite a lot from my type 2 diabetes, it seems that they don't give it much importance.I go to a private endocrine and never told me to use a glucometer but after the scare of the double vision I just bought one.
The ophthalmologist looked at me conscientiously and diagnose:
-Partal binocular diplopia in both eyes
-Paresia/paralysis IV cranial parinar in the left eye (it is the cause of the double vision and seems to be very common in diabetics, I commented that in a month I would disappear if I control the sugar)
-Sbinopathy non -proliferative diabetic in the right eye.
About 6 months ago the endocrine sent me to check my sight and they didn't find anything, total that all this is of the last months.As I do not abuse sugar, I have to assume that something that is not as low in sugar as it seems.

I have bought a glucometer and an hour and a half after eating I have given 115, I have tried it with my partner and she who is not diabetic gave 156 (dessert volume and sugar in the coffee).

Normally I use Mable as a sweetener since I saw in other diabetic pages that recommended it but in the composition an 82% fructose appears.I don't like saccharin (today I have taken it and leaves me a metallic flavor) and the stevia is that you do not sweeten, do you know any good sweetener?I take juice juice without sugar added but according to its label it has 5.2g per 100ml or 52g per liter which seems to me a barbarity.Yesterday I took a danone set and remained hallucinated since I had more than 8 g of sugar despite not being sweet, cereals (including those who announce like light or diet) have a barbarity of sugar ... and like thatEverything seems to add sugar to everything and I don't know what I can eat.

Tomorrow I go on a trip and it is possible that I do not answer you in a weeks but I would appreciate any advice, especially brands of products that are really without sugar and suitable for diabetics.

MACario's profile photo
MACario
01/02/2011 5:45 p.m.

8g of carbohydrates, it is not much ... is less than 1 ration of carbohydrates .... about 30 or 40 glycemia, approx.
Here are guidance tables:

As for the edulcorants, I am of classic saccharin or sugar ... lately I drink coffee with a little normal sugar (less half envelope) and voila, little by little you are a little burning that sugar quickly

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/05/2011 12:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.