Importance of ED and debut

María2542006's profile photo   01/06/2011 2:16 p.m.

Hello!
I just wanted to share my experience and comment that I have been reading some issues and I see that many people did not explain to their debut almost anything about diabetes,: Shock :, It seems unfortunate, since I think the most important thing to control the diseaseIt is diabetological education, without it we do not have the tools to control the disease .. along with the other tool that is the experience, but we acquired it over time.

To me when I debuted they explained to me the basics (to click properly, and they gave me a book with drawings on diabetes and the different nutrients of very easy understanding) but they told me that the more I knew the more freedom I would have, and I began to collect informationFrom books about diabetes, nutrition, etc ... although on the other hand, I criticize the doctor who treated me because he told me that I could never eat sweets or smoking or drink, strictly prohibited all that.
I would have liked them to tell me what I was not '' '' to do, not that I could not '' ', because in full adolescence it was a great shock for me (I was 15 years old to turn 16).Luckily 3 months later I went to a diabetic camp and there I talked to people of my age, and I could see that they could eat sweets and did not die ... and as an aspect not recommended, my `` rebel spirit '' tooHe took me to smoking (a couple of months) and drinking in a uncontrolled way, as if to take the opposite around me (I thought `` how I can't! If I can '').Although I mature, but there is that experience.I think that the toilets should take much more to take care of the words in the debut with adolescent diabetics, because in that age we feel misunderstood in themselves, because with that even more.

And nothing more, soon I will go to a pharmacy from here from Valladolid because the association has told me that hba1c tests of capillary blood ... I think I have lowered it a little, because I have been in the glucometer for several months for several monthsof 140-150 glucose.

A health and happy year !!: D

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
01/06/2011 2:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Completely agree ... I think you have to report "a need for greater care" and inform the consequences of inappropriate care, not prohibit anything.No protocol or form must overlook that human freedom is first.

Normally when in the emergency department we give the diagnosis of a debut diabetes I am very cautious with the words, I usually only explain that it needs greater care but that with them can lead a healthier life than a non -diabetic that is not taken care of.

It is really complicated to say, since it is bad news (although surely it is more difficult to listen) but well, it is the work we have to do.

Regarding drinking, smoking, not taking care of food, sedentary life ... is bad for anyone, not just for diabetic.So each one must do with his life what he thinks convenient as long as he is correctly informed about life styles.

All the best

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
01/07/2011 8:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.