{'en': 'Low glucose before breakfast', 'es': 'Glucosa baja antes de desayunar'} Image

Low glucose before breakfast

chacho's profile photo   10/24/2012 5 a.m.

Hello,

Yesterday the endocrine gave me the device to measure blood glucose, and they told me to measure me before breakfast, because it turns out that I measured before breakfast and has given me 31. Is that normal?

Yesterday he gave me 115 two hours later to breakfast.

Thank you!

chacho's profile photo
chacho
10/24/2012 5 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Chacho
Seriously that it gave you 31?But what glucometer do you use?31 I think it would be serious hypoglycemia ... In my case I would be passed out on the medium unconscious soil.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/24/2012 5:13 a.m.

And with 31 you had no symptoms ?????What medication you take, because being type 2 I imagine you are not insulin.
Of course that figure is not normal and you should notice ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/24/2012 5:48 a.m.

One thing will not be that instead of measuring glucose in milligrams/deciliters you are doing in millimoles/liter?.There are devices that carry both options and maybe you are using the second measurement system.
I put a text that I found:

Mg/dl
Milligrams per deciliter are a unit of measure that shows the concentration of a substance in a specific amount of liquid.In some countries, the results of blood glucose levels are expressed in mg/dl.To move to mg/dl starting from mmol/l, multiply the mmol/l by 18. For example: 10 mmol/l = 180 mg/dl.

Mmol/l
Millimoles per liter are a unit of measure that shows the concentration of a substance in a specific amount of liquid.This unit is used in veterinary and medical scientific journals and in certain countries to indicate the results of blood glucose levels.In other countries the MG/DL or the G/L are used.To move from mmol/l a mg/dl, multiply the mmol/l by 18. to move from mmol/l a g/l multiply by 0.18.For example: 10 mmol/l = 180 mg/dl or 1.8 g/l.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2012 7:52 a.m.

I got a lot, when I did the test after two hours of breakfast gave me 110, yesterday they did the same test a couple of hours later and gave 115. What may happen is that the same hand soap has contaminated the sample,so to speak ...

chacho's profile photo
chacho
10/24/2012 9:37 a.m.

and with 31 you had no symptoms ?????What medication you take, because being type 2 I imagine you are not insulin.
Of course that figure is not normal and you should notice ...

It was at 8 in the morning, what I had is a bit of hunger, apart from that nothing, no weird symptom, I will ask my doctor this afternoon, to see what he tells me.

Thank you very much for the answers.

chacho's profile photo
chacho
10/24/2012 9:39 a.m.

Well, with 31 I would have many more symptoms apart from hunger: weakness, blurred view, sweating ... etc

DiabetesForo
10/24/2012 11:19 a.m.

Nothing, as the nurse commented, it may have been a measurement error for not putting the blood sample well, apparently I have sinned as a rookie, thank you very much for the answers.

chacho's profile photo
chacho
10/24/2012 1:18 p.m.

The nurse told you seriously?Bad the measurement.Every day I understand less.So that of 31 is evil but that of 110 well ???Well, it may be that you had 31 ...

mama con diabetes 's profile photo
mama con diabetes
01/29/2018 11:36 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde hace 33 años
Tándem Control-iq - Dexcom G6
Paciente Empoderada
Autora del Blog ➡️ http://www.mamacondiabetes.com
Instagram ➡️ http://www.instagram.com/mamacondiabetes/
Facebook ➡️ http://www.facebook.com/MamaConDiabetes

@"Mama with diabetes" I think he told him that because he said that he had no symptoms, he thought it was a glucometer error ... If you really have 31, the symptoms should be very important

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/30/2018 9:01 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.