Computer control ...

helora's profile photo   01/07/2011 6:34 a.m.

Hello, I would like to know if you use any program to enter the glycemia data.Thank you

helora's profile photo
helora
01/07/2011 6:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Nowadays most glucometers (regardless of the brand/laboratory) have a system that allows you to overt all the data stored to the computer, the system usually consists of a cable that connects the glucometer to the computer and a computer program that makes calculations ofaverage values, graphics, ... etc

Accessing a glucometer is relatively easy since at least in Spain they are supplied free mainly in hospitals and in health centers (the business is really in consumables, reactive strips, not in the little machine) but access to the cable and programComputer usually has an economic cost (unless you are lucky and crying on the phone send it home).

I neither have nor have the cable/program, with carrying the values ​​noted in a librettite I think it is enough but if you wantcomputer (such as Excel).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/07/2011 9:05 a.m.

When I debuted I asked the endocrine for the cable and told me that it was difficult to get and that it would better point it in the notebook ... I do not know, the point is that I forgot about the subject.
As I do not have time to aim glycemia in any notebook, what I do is the average that puts in the glucometer in a paper, and I do it every week (it has the average for 7 days, 14 days and 30 days).For me it is very useful.

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
01/07/2011 10:15 a.m.

When I used the Ultrasmart of Lifescan, they sent my cable free of charge, for me it is useful to dump the data to a computer program, it gives you a more complete vision of the treatment in addition to being very comfortable.
Helora calls your meter's laboratory that surely send it to you, especially if you tell them you do many controls.

DiabetesForo
01/07/2011 10:20 a.m.

I use the Opium Xceed as Helora's child.Do you know what phone number you have to call it?It is more useful and takes less time to pass it to the PC than to point the average.Greetings.

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
01/07/2011 11:38 a.m.

ABBOTT COPILOT SYSTEM:

As Prado comments, I am sure that if you call the company's phone and they "cry" a little they send it to you for free ... you do many controls to the child (7-8 a day), you also measure the ketone, it is veryUseful for your visits to the pediatrician .... All that you say and it is feasible that they send it.
But you can always insist on the pediatrician.
Also in patient associations with diabetes they can help you on this issue, they are usually in contact with the commercials in the area.

DiabetesForo
01/07/2011 11:40 a.m.

Thank you very much, this system seems very interesting.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/12/2011 6:28 a.m.

Mine came with the cable in the box, and not only that.I asked you for a second glucometer to always have an emergency in the car (my bad head when I go on a trip) and they sent it to me without any problem.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/12/2011 9:36 a.m.

I am interested in this, I also need a cable, the issue of the notebook I have abandoned, I never point at anything ...

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/16/2011 12:11 p.m.

I have called Abbott and they send me the Yuhuuu Data Cable: D

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/24/2011 12:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.