Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly allied to produce drugs

fer's profile photo   01/11/2011 1:18 p.m.

Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly allied to produce drugs against diabetes

They will develop two oral antidiabetics of Boehringer Ingelheim and two basal insulin analogues of Lilly

Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company have announced today a global agreement to jointly develop and market a portfolio of drugs against diabetes, which are currently in medium and final development phases, as reported today by the German pharmaceutical laboratory Boehringer Ingelheim.

Among the products to develop are two oral antidiabetics of Boehringer Ingelheim (linagliptin and bi10773) and two analogues of basal insulin of Lilly (LY2605541 and LY2963016).Likewise, the possibility of jointly developing and marketing the anti-TGF-Beta of Lilly antibody is agreed.

"The alliance will take advantage of scientific knowledge, collective experience and business capacity of two leading pharmaceutical companies oriented to research to deal with the needs of patients derived from the growing world epidemic that represents diabetes," the laboratory reported.

Under the terms of the agreement, Lilly will make a single initial payment to Boehringer Ingelheim of 300 million euros.Boehringer Ingelheim will have the right to receive up to a total of 625 million euros for important advances in records for linagliptin and bi10773.

Lilly will be able to receive up to a total of 650 million dollars for success in the regulatory advances of its two basal insulin analog products.

In the event that Boehringer Ingelheim chose to collaborate with Lilly in the development of phase IIIand for satisfactory advances in records.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2011 1:18 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The company is German named uncomfortable, it always sounds like a company of elevators 8)

I think the basal analogues were also for 36 hours ...

They talk about millions like me about cents ...: o
I have always said it if I had money (more money, I mean;)) I would invest in pharmaceuticals related to diabetes.
And the company that develops the continuous meter will jump the bank ... Let's see if we provide apple juice;) :)): Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2011 1:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.